Controller input video

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 5 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
The other day, in the daily race discussion, there was discussion about the aids and controllers. So, for those looking to get away from using aids while using the DS4, I decided to post up a video from a race today showing my controller inputs.

To reiterate my set up, left analog to steer, right analog to shift (up for up, down for down), L2 for brake, R2 for accelerator. L1 is rear view.

So, as you can see in the video, this controller scheme allows me to apply small increments of throttle and brake, also simultaneously (similar to left foot braking).

Also of note, there has been many. many. many mentions in this about applying brakes and throttle more progressively rather slamming on the brakes or throttle. Here, you can see the throttle and brake application.

Hope this helps.

The other day, in the daily race discussion, there was discussion about the aids and controllers. So, for those looking to get away from using aids while using the DS4, I decided to post up a video from a race today showing my controller inputs.

To reiterate my set up, left analog to steer, right analog to shift (up for up, down for down), L2 for brake, R2 for accelerator. L1 is rear view.

So, as you can see in the video, this controller scheme allows me to apply small increments of throttle and brake, also simultaneously (similar to left foot braking).

Also of note, there has been many. many. many mentions in this about applying brakes and throttle more progressively rather slamming on the brakes or throttle. Here, you can see the throttle and brake application.

Hope this helps.

I think the video would have been more informative with an in car view, we miss too much with the camera to camera action.

I think the video would have been more informative with an in car view, we miss too much with the camera to camera action.

Not really. All the important info is shown in the black bar.

I wanted to show the correlation between what I am doing and what the car is doing, especially the partial inputs like half throttle or braking.

Your button setup is weird. Right stick for gears?

It works awesome. I highly suggest trying it. I have been using it since the early days of GT6

I'm with this opinion. Now the video is kind of a general race vid.
If the video would have included a second screen with synchronized hand/controller action it would've been on another level.

Back