Controller players and road cars in GTSport: fun?

  • Thread starter Thread starter queleuleu
  • 11 comments
  • 911 views
Messages
3,293
France
France
Simple question: do you enjoy the road cars in GTSport with a controller? I don't know if GT6 was more realistic but road cars used to be fun on PS3 for me.
 
I normally much prefer road cars over race cars in any sim ps4 or otherwise. I find some race cars too alien.

I do find the road cars are slightly more complex here in that there's no race brakes so you really have to take into account braking distance and the handling of many cars doesnt seem to put up with too much wild steering or sloppy throttle control.

But yes, there's a lot of decent handling road cars here, from the 911 GT3 to the Skylines.

Also I play everything off except ABS so I take it up myself to control the car.
 
I preferred road cars in GT, GT2, GT3, GT4, GT6 & GT6, GTSport is the first game i prefer Race cars.
 
Yes, lots of fun as they have more individual characteristics than race cars, this comes through even more with Bop off. I only run ABS and really enjoy the 90s cars like Rx7,Skylines, Supra etc great fun run to push hard on sports hard tyres they like to slide but are manageable with 300 ish hp. If I want more speed and challenge I like the mclaren F1.

I own assetto corsa, project cars, forza but prefer GTS for pad driving.
 
I'm another one who prefers road cars over race cars. Being a DS4 user I can not stay competitive on Gr3 or higher race cars as wheel users just leave me behind. That's not the case with road cars though as I can be quite competitive and sit less than a second off the top 10 times. I've even made the top 10 a few times. So yes road cars are fun with a controller.
 
I like road cars in other game but on gts I rarely use road cars because I find themyself difficult to move.
 
I'm another one who prefers road cars over race cars. Being a DS4 user I can not stay competitive on Gr3 or higher race cars as wheel users just leave me behind. That's not the case with road cars though as I can be quite competitive and sit less than a second off the top 10 times. I've even made the top 10 a few times. So yes road cars are fun with a controller.
Agree with this, as a DS4 player, the gap with wheel users when driving Gr.3 or higher cars is too much, especially since I'm not a fast driver to begin with. Road cars tend to even the field, in fact my only 9 Sport mode wins all came from one-makes.
 
I also prefer road cars over race cars, road cars are much more varied in terms of performance, and then there's the braking points which are obviously different on these cars, overall they are much more challenging and fun to race.

And I think the controller is no issue for me at all(though I am considering getting a wheel for myself).

I think PD should start giving us sport races with the N classes as well, instead of only one-make races(with BOP on of course), I would love to hoon my Supra around without racing against a stupidly murderous AI.
 
No, I don't, but I think that's because I typically played F1 games as a kid, and not because I use controller. Racing standard road cars is too tedious for me, but I do enjoy drifting them.
 
I don't find it feels any different than any of the older GT games. I find it extremely fun, it's still the main reason I play GTS or any GT game for that matter. Slow road cars are what drew me to the series and to this day it's the only racing game that lets me drive slower every day cars (I don't own an Xbox and I don't mess with the windows store so Forza is sadly not an option for me).

The fast race cars are fine but I don't take the racing as serious so with all of this sports mode/SR/DR/Penalty System/Reporting other racers talk I just shy away from it because it's just not that important to me. Racing in a sport mode race and risking messing up some guys race who was taking it way too serious and getting nasty messages from them is just not appealing to me at all.

I miss the in depth tuning aspect because being able to fine tune a street car was SUPER fun. Wish PD would bring that back.
 
I prefer the race cars. I always like how the suspension make the cars hop/bound over curbs. Plus, the quicker change in direction. Love driving and watching that stuff. I just don't like so much brake dive in GT, concerning road cars. I am having fun in the M3 though.
 
i much prefer road cars. they seem more complex and have more to learn from them whereas the racecars just seem to grip like crazy and don't have nearly as much variation in how they drive.
 
Back