Controller/Wheel Settings

United States
Michigan
FuriousDemon
Hey guys,

Could everyone post their best settings for a controller and the best FFB settings?

Really interested to hear from WMD guys to see what tweaks need to be made to make controller work best with this game. If someone is a “tapper” that would be awesome to hear what settings they use.

I’ll post what I feel works best when I get the game and spend some time with it.

Thanks!

Changed steering sensitivity to 10 (17 is default). That’s all I got so far.
Came here to get help. ;)

If you're using a wheel I'd recommend turning the Steering Deadzone down to zero to get rid of the noticeable visual input lag.

Having a dead zone issue here with the CSR Elite. Some cars not so bad but some are near undrivable. the 66 Mustang is the worst so far with almost 2 inch dead zone in the center. Is like driving an old ford with a worn out steering box.

I have been trying to tweak the txt file and set the game to custom but does not seem to be making any noticeable difference so far.

I've found that I can't feel much from kerbs if I keep my T300 on RAW, so I've set it to IMMERSIVE and now I can feel them a lot more. Also turned Volume down to 30 to lighten up the wheel a bit. Feels pretty good so far. And that Ferrari 488 GT3 is really nice to drive with the stock setup!

I've found that I can't feel much from kerbs if I keep my T300 on RAW, so I've set it to IMMERSIVE and now I can feel them a lot more. Also turned Volume down to 30 to lighten up the wheel a bit. Feels pretty good so far. And that Ferrari 488 GT3 is really nice to drive with the stock setup!
Thanks. I’ll try it on my TX when I get a chance.

What are you settings for the thrustmaster control panel?

PS4 T300RS

I have a FFB dead zone ,not steering, in the middle of the wheel while going down straights. It makes the car wander slightly and hard to place in braking zones. The FFB picks up quickly as you enter the corner but it's almost like there isn't any FFB while going straight. In pCars 1 there was a setting called Deadzone Removal Range that solved this exact problem. It's gone now and I can't find a FFB setting that removes the deadzone. Any ideas?

PS4 T300RS

I have a FFB dead zone ,not steering, in the middle of the wheel while going down straights. It makes the car wander slightly and hard to place in braking zones. The FFB picks up quickly as you enter the corner but it's almost like there isn't any FFB while going straight. In pCars 1 there was a setting called Deadzone Removal Range that solved this exact problem. It's gone now and I can't find a FFB setting that removes the deadzone. Any ideas?

There is a text file that has a setting in it. I have been playing with it to try and solve my dead zone issues. Apparently you need to choose custom on the FFB screen then go edit that file with notepad assuming you are on the PC version of course. The little help blurb to the right with tell you the actual file name and location where it can be found.

There is a text file that has a setting in it. I have been playing with it to try and solve my dead zone issues. Apparently you need to choose custom on the FFB screen then go edit that file with notepad assuming you are on the PC version of course. The little help blurb to the right with tell you the actual file name and location where it can be found.
I'm on the PS4.

I'm on the PS4.
I went into the control settings and lowered the steering deadzone from 1 to 0 and my deadzone went away. Try that.

Edit, sorry, just read your post again. Not sure how to deal with the FFB deadzone. Will have a fiddle later

Just started fine tuning FFB

I always use BMW 1M coupe, Knockhill I found is the best track to dial in your setup.

Here's the sweetspot for the T150. (Thusfar)

Raw

Everything in the configuration feels good to me out of the box, other than steering deadzone to zero.

Last edited:
Also on Thrustmaster T150 on the PS4.

Immersive, even with the sliders dialed way down, constantly makes my table shake violently and generally doesn't feel good at all, as if it's 80% canned and overly strong effects (but I've seen others praise it for different wheels - the T150 is decent but cheap, so likely its FFB just isn't good enough to handle this in a remotely nuanced manner).
Informative is much better, and what I used the first couple of hours, but it's somewhat stiff and a bit numb.

Raw however is very lively and enjoyable. I still have a bit of fiddling to do with the sliders but so far I'm liking 90, 40, 50, 35.

Fanatec PWTS on PS4 with the Drivehub on Fanalogic mode....

I'm using Raw and just bumped up the volume to 60. I see most G29 owners (which is what my wheel is emulating) are complaining of very light FFB. Plenty here and plenty of volume adjustment left to get more if I wanted it.

Alright, passing this off to the community:

I can't get a decent amount of FFB from running over curbs. No matter what settings I've tried so far (CSL Elite PS4 on, er, PS4), there's barely any perceptible difference from the rim when driving on the racing surface versus putting a tire or two on the curbing. This was an issue I had with the preview build, but my fiddling by the end of it had given me some alright results. Can't find that here.

The rest of the driving experience feels more or less how I want — I've been using the BAC Mono, Caterham Seven, and F50 GT as a trio for testing purposes — and that's good, but I'm out of options. I find decent FFB from curbing essential: dropping a tire onto the rumble strips drastically alters grip for most cars, and with no physical feedback that it's happening, it makes it hard to get an idea of exactly how far the car will step out.

I'm wondering if the game's auto-detection is the reason. In the menu, the CSL Elite shows up on the right hand side, but the brand is listed as Thrustmaster on the left, and CSRE for model...

On t300 had to lower gain to 40 and probably will lower a lot more... on 100 I could overturn the table I have with the wheel not budging off.

Oh and I'm not a weakling, I work in a factory and lift weights all day lol

Yet to find the sweet spot I found on pcars 1.

Any suggestions welcome.

Btw zolder in the rain is great! The water streams on the track are crazy great @IanBell !

Anyone have any ideas how to get more FFB on a controller? I have the Controller Vibration up to 100 but it’s very weak.

Alright, passing this off to the community:

I can't get a decent amount of FFB from running over curbs. No matter what settings I've tried so far (CSL Elite PS4 on, er, PS4), there's barely any perceptible difference from the rim when driving on the racing surface versus putting a tire or two on the curbing. This was an issue I had with the preview build, but my fiddling by the end of it had given me some alright results. Can't find that here.

The rest of the driving experience feels more or less how I want — I've been using the BAC Mono, Caterham Seven, and F50 GT as a trio for testing purposes — and that's good, but I'm out of options. I find decent FFB from curbing essential: dropping a tire onto the rumble strips drastically alters grip for most cars, and with no physical feedback that it's happening, it makes it hard to get an idea of exactly how far the car will step out.

I'm wondering if the game's auto-detection is the reason. In the menu, the CSL Elite shows up on the right hand side, but the brand is listed as Thrustmaster on the left, and CSRE for model...
I had to set my FFB flavour to Immersive to get any kerb feeling. Better than Raw for me, but there are still some sausages that i don't feel, but generally just changing the flavour helped me out. I'm running a T300 so might not have the same results.

My T300 settings.

Good balance of wheel weight, curves and self aligning torque.

IMG_20170922_213601.jpg

Loving this game so far playing the game on PS4,

I need some help with the wheel though, currently have a t300 and have copied some settings I've come across and elsewhere except I'm worried about this clipping business/wearng out my wheel.

Immersive for example - I have Gain at 50 but still find I have to use a bit of force to get the car round corners, is that normal? Turned volume down to 30 and that has helped. But before I tweaked with the settings the t300 was literally making my table bob up and down when going over bumps, not 'majorly' but it definitely felt like being in the car through my hands,.

It does feel cool when settings are like that but long term I'm worried about causing damage to my wheel how do I read the telemetry to know if I'm clipping or not?

Some help from anyone on these questions would be fantastic thanks :)

On t300 had to lower gain to 40
Same here for G27. G27 Doesn't have a lot of bandwidth because of huge FFB deadzone. It's either strong FFB or detailed, but not both (strong FFB in corners will drown out any road texture rumble). So lower the gain (30-50), up the FX (75-85).

Any G29 wheel settings out there Yet?

Only need those settings for a few weeks until my CSL Elite Shows up.

Just gotta stick on to Pcars2 for a little while then I'm off to sport :)

Exciting time of the year :cheers:

Back