Poll 1492: 1997 Lola T97/30 nominated by @MDDeGrande
52ef611b62f24e6096d514da40588424.jpg

Racing Class: Formula 1
Engine: 3.5L V8
Power: 700 hp (estimated)
Weight: 520 kg
Transmission: 6-speed sequential
Drivetrain: MR
Additional Information: Designed for the 1998 season and pushed out a year early due to pressure from the main sponsor MasterCard. Failed to qualify for the first race and withdrew from the season.
F1Lola1997.jpg

5b4dc1cc21f455f1aefd98aea4fe2005.jpeg

f72ec730aac407bc50470479de39f3d4.jpeg

F1 cars are usually meh because they all look so similar and disconnected from the way regular cars look. This one really blends in, with that livery straight out of some closed '90s box store. Not to mention it's competition history:

Capture.PNG

It's not even the cool kind of disqualified, like for having super advantageous tech. No one will remember this car. And for race cars, that's probably the biggest factor in determining coolness.

It's SU from me

Last edited:
It is obvious I don't follow Formula 1 too much to even spark a spirited discussion or debate. However, based on what I've read from the opening as well as subsequent posts, this Lola F1 car just seems a hot mess of fail. My only compliments- it has a pretty livery! One of those cars even uses my beloved driver number- 25. Other than that, this is more a combination of "who cares?" and failed potential. For the first time for a race car, I call Seriously Uncool on this one.

Love the livery, and I want it on Assetto Corsa as a mod just for the heck of it.
I actually love failed F1 cars, I find them fascinating, but the car itself is a complete failure and I can't help it but giving a Seriously Uncool on this one.

Last edited:
Why was this even polled? I think whoever nominated it just tried to send it to hell and nothing else.

It’s one of the worst F1 cars of all time. The livery is a little interesting but this car has no history, it’s from a failed team, it used a V8 when the whole grid was on V10s. It’s entire legacy is to be forgotten.

I’m sure everyone involved with this car would like for it to be forgotten as well. To hell it goes.

Last edited:
It's so bad that it's achieved meme status in motorsports, which is pretty much the only reason anyone even remembers it. I don't think it would have even been competitive three years prior, when the Zetec engine was still new-ish.

get-out-leave.gif

Back