2003-2005 Holden Commodore VY V8 Supercar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States

Poll 1460: 2003-2004 Holden Commodore VY V8 Supercar nominated by @Twisteddrift

images.jpeg.jpg

Racing Class: V8 Supercars Championship
Engine: 5.0-litre, naturally aspirated V8-engine with indirect electronic fuel injection. Maximum revs of 7500rpm.
Power: 650 Horsepower
Weight: 1450kg
Transmission: 6-Speed H-pattern Gearbox
Drivetrain: RWD
Additional Information: It won 2 consecutive Bathurst 1000 - 2003, 2004
images-jpeg-1-jpg.1098659

Todd_Kelly_Barbagello.jpg

Holden-HRT-VY-Commodore-lap-of-the-gods.jpg

Peter-Brock-Autoart-VX-Commodore-Supercar-for-sale-interior.jpg

Last edited:
Low cool I guess. 650 horsepower is nothing to sneeze at, although being a race car means it isn't that extraordinary. Let me know if any of the pictures are of the wrong Commodore.

I love Australian V8 Supercars, or whatever it is called nowadays. I am a Holden fan, but I seem to love the Ford Falcon AU V8 Supercars. I can't go "Sub-Zero" on this V8 Supercar, but it is VERY far from being "Meh." So there's only one choice for me- Cool.

Low cool I guess. 650 horsepower is nothing to sneeze at, although being a race car means it isn't that extraordinary. Let me know if any of the pictures are of the wrong Commodore.
Well to be fair it doesn't have any electronics like Traction Control or ABS. And also it was able to get up to 300km/h at Bathurst due to the car having pretty basic aero.

Stats are incorrect. The car was raced for 2 years in 2003 and 2004 before the VZ came in 2005. The weight is 1,450KG. It won Bathurst in 2003 and 2004 whilst the VZ won in 2005, so the car did NOT win Bathurst 3 years in a row.

Last edited:
Don't forget about this poll here, these votes are rookie numbers.

sigh racecar polls...

Last edited:
It's cool but it 's not sub-zero. Sub-zero would be the FPV BA GT that was pantsing it at the time. ;):sly:

Last edited:
Back