United States
Poll 1420: 2019- Apollo Intensa Emozione nominated by @Cristobal1234
1366_2000.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 6.3 L V12
Power: 780+ HP / 8500 rpm
Torque: 561 ft-lb / 6000 rpm
Weight: 1250 kg
Transmission: 6-speed Hewland sequential w/electro-pneumatic paddle-shift system
Drivetrain: Mid engine, Rear wheel drive
The Apollo Intensa Emozione, sometimes referred as the IE, is a mid-engine sports car manufactured by German automobile manufacturer Apollo Automobil GmbH, designed by their chief designer Joe Wang. The name itself means 'intense emotion' in Italian.

This is the first vehicle made by Apollo since the Gumpert Apollo that went into production 14 years before.

The exterior design is based on airflow and nature, insects and marine animals in particular. The interior is based entirely on the nature theme, with a cocoon-style carbon fiber tub cockpit, in the style of a leather-wrapped prototype race car. Apart from the natural thought, the car was also intended to have a design that would stand out from all other sports cars.

The Intensa Emozione uses a Ferrari derived 6.3-litre naturally-aspirated V12 engine developed by Autotecnica Motori and HWA AG. It is rated approximately 791 PS (582 kW; 780 hp) at 8,500 rpm and around 760 N⋅m (561 lb⋅ft) of torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine reportedly has a redline of 9,000 rpm. All of the power is sent to the rear wheels through a 6-speed Hewland sequential manual transmission. The weight stands at 1,250 kg (2,755 lb).

The dampers are built by Bilstein, and are three-way adjustable (comfort, sport, auto). The car utilises Brembo carbon ceramic brakes with sizes 380 x 34 mm at the front and rear along with 6-piston callipers up front and 4-piston callipers at the rear. Michelin supplies their Sport Cup 2 high performance tires for the cars, to allow for maximum performance and grip. Pankl Racing Systems is the supplier for the differential.

The Intensa Emozione is capable of accelerating from 0–97 km/h (60 mph) in 2.7 seconds, with a projected top speed of 335 km/h (208 mph). The car produces a maximum downforce of 1,350 kg (2,976 lb) at 299 km/h (186 mph).
apollo-intensa-emozione-3-1024x512.jpg

b7db778bce9c4ec6f5255051b5eee596.jpg

fridayf.jpg

Apollo-Intensa-Emozione-153727.jpg

tumblr_p5l2dyO3351vppwuto1_1280.jpg

EPIZ7HBXkAc0I1G.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Well this is much better looking than their last effort. Maybe a few too many creases for my taste but at least it doesn't look like an angry robot like the Gumpert Apollo. I gotta say too, the blue one and the yellow/pink/weird one are enough to bring me up from meh to cool, although I'm sure they might have the opposite effect on some of you.

I have to say that i didn't even know that this car existed until i clicked on to this page link!

The Apollo didn't spend enough time on the designers drawing board, where as this looks like it's spent far too much time there. Perhaps Gumpert's 3rd attempt will hit a happier medium.

This is no average hypercar; this one's mega intense. Overaggressive with no coherent sense of style with this Apollo. It's uglier than the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Lamborghini Veneno, or the Lamborghini Egoista. I'm sure this has mind-blowing performance; but when you are not inviting enough, nobody's going to take you seriously. Its performance is at least "Cool." Its design, however, is a hot mess. So my final call on the Apollo Intensa is that it is (intensely (Seriously)) Uncool. I'd rather the Gumpert Apollo than this monstrosity.

It may be, let's say aggressively styled, but I think it's consistent at least. Part of me feels this car would be absolutely beautiful with a wing delete for some reason.

I'll give it a cool I guess. That's as high as I'd go. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it is functional (they designed it in collaboration with HWA so it better be) and it's the most interesting thing Gumpert/Apollo has done so far in the company's history.

I will admit though that I hate any colour on the IE that isn't black with black rims. The way they colour the whole body, aero bits included, makes it look like a life-sized Hot Wheels car.

Last edited:
I don’t hate on anyone that can make their dream come true. Shame I didn’t make my childhood drawings come to life like this car.
Definitely not for me. Seems a bit past its time, like the Gumpert styling. I’m talking Gemballa era styling. Nearly when someone sells a modified Civic with all the fibreglass exterior bits and carry it over through the interior. Can’t personalise it/make it your own, because it’s already been customised from its stock appearance.

It's OK when a car is a bit aggressive, but this one is extremely aggressive.
I personally prefer this against the Gumpert.
This car is made for circuit, and the aerodynamic design makes it pretty obvious (not talking about the rear wing). Mabye too aerodynamic.
The exterior is a meh, but the real problem is in the interior...
I know that the car wants to be seen like a modern supercar. The exterior says that it can be produced without being looked at like a concept car, but the interior looks like they recreated an autonomous Mecedes electric concept.
Uncool.

As a design exercise it’s pretty cool. As a car it’s rather meh. Hyper cars are inherently stupid (kind of like haute couture), you can’t use them on the road (too impractical) and you can’t use them on the track (too expensive). The only use case I can think of is as a museum piece to showcase the technology and the design.

If I had to choose between this and a Nissan Micra I would pick the Micra.

Wait. I thought these guys were out of the industry.

Apollo? Meh, I prefer the old name. But we are not here to talk about the Company name. We are here to talk about their product...

And what a product this is. Looks like a mix of the Furai with a little bit of the good old Gumpert Apollo. Sadly, I don't like it as much as the Apollo. It's ok, but just that.

Cool. Very, veeeeery low cool.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back