• 6 comments

2022 McMurtry Speirling

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
2022 McMurtry Speirling nominated by @MOPARbarrett5

01-mcmurty-spierling.jpg

Racing Series: Hillclimb (Idk what to put when people don't give the specs for these things)
Engine: dual motor EV
Power: approx. 1000 hp
Weight: <1000 kg
Transmission: none
Drivetrain: RWD EV, with fans sucking for downforce
mcmurtry-speirling_100844864_h.jpg

mcmurtry_speirling_052.jpg

professional-racing-driver-max-chilton-of-great-britain-in-news-photo-1656264394.jpg

It's very quick, but I mean, look at it. It's not a Pagani or a Ferrari, it can't look like that and still be cool.

Rate this the way you would rate a race car, since that's all it is at this point. It's more than a concept car at least in the terms that it can and has been driven in (one of) the ways it's intended. I probably should have pushed harder against it in the nomination thread anyway, but no one else seemed to care at the time. I'm sure plenty of pedantic "why is this polled?" comments will show up anyway despite all this fine print up here, and I'll go ahead and say one thing: This car was in the queue for a month and a half, if the morality of the polls is that sacred, there was ample time to speak up before the thread even existed.

All joking (but important notes nonetheless) aside, I think this is really cool technology in an interesting package. Seeing it do the Goodwood Hillclimb was a great hoot, and the fans give it a cool sound. I've always loved the Chaparral 2J and this is just a modern one of those at its heart and I'm all for it. As a racing/hillclimbing prototype, it's an easy cool. A road-going version would be SZ if it still retained the fans and such, but it doesn't exist yet.

Last edited:
Imagine trying to explain what it is to people and why it constantly makes everyone outside deaf.

SU

The fastest ever at Goodwood and it looks unique. Sub zero to me and I'm glad it will get a production model. Pushing the boundaries of how fast a vehicle can be will hopefully become more and more appreciated as the years go by.

Back