Copied game save from Gamefaqs but can't get it to work

McLarenFan96
Hi guys, I'm new here so this is my first post.

I'm in university and I have my PS3 and GT5 with me. Unfortunately, because I'm normally kept busy with lectures and essays, I don't play GT5 regularly.

Because of this, it could take me a lot of time before I start to unlock all the good cars, so I decided to try and download a game save from Gamefaqs.

I have an EU PS3 and I found an EU game save on Gamefaqs. It's supposed to have over 10 million credits and over 200 cars including the Red Bull X1. I downloaded it as a zip file and then extracted the files to my USB, and I do have PS3 and SAVEDATA folders on it.

I switch on the PS3 and the save data copies as it should. But then when I start up the game it says, "You tried to load another user's save data. You cannot use this save data. Overwriting with new save data."

I believe the files on my USB are correct and unzipped, I've installed the 8GB of game data to my HDD, I'm up to version 1.05 and I'm attempting to use this game save whilst signed in to PSN. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I know many people will argue that I'm not a purist for not doing the game properly, but I would if I had more time. I just want some good cars so I can play my mates online. Any help on how to get this game save to work would be greatly appreciated.

"You tried to load another user's save data. You cannot use this save data. Overwriting with new save data."
This bit does not lie. You cannot use a gamesave created on someone elses PSN.

Hi guys, I'm new here so this is my first post.

I'm in university and I have my PS3 and GT5 with me. Unfortunately, because I'm normally kept busy with lectures and essays, I don't play GT5 regularly.

Because of this, it could take me a lot of time before I start to unlock all the good cars, so I decided to try and download a game save from Gamefaqs.

I have an EU PS3 and I found an EU game save on Gamefaqs. It's supposed to have over 10 million credits and over 200 cars including the Red Bull X1. I downloaded it as a zip file and then extracted the files to my USB, and I do have PS3 and SAVEDATA folders on it.

I switch on the PS3 and the save data copies as it should. But then when I start up the game it says, "You tried to load another user's save data. You cannot use this save data. Overwriting with new save data."

I believe the files on my USB are correct and unzipped, I've installed the 8GB of game data to my HDD, I'm up to version 1.05 and I'm attempting to use this game save whilst signed in to PSN. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I know many people will argue that I'm not a purist for not doing the game properly, but I would if I had more time. I just want some good cars so I can play my mates online. Any help on how to get this game save to work would be greatly appreciated.

as i understand... this simply put will NOT work. If i read correctly on here before..... GT SAVEDATA is specific to the PSN user account and can only be restored to that PSN account. Meaning you can only restore USER123 's SAVEDATA to USER123 and no one else. anyone on here with better knowledge can correct me if i am wrong, but i believe this is how it works.

Mike

lol , thats the same file that someone was trying to sell on ebay . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

want to buy mine ? 600 cars , 20 millions ??

ill sell you 50 € :P

play the game , in 20 minutes youll have cars to race.

If you don't have muh time, play in Arcade mode.
there are some pretty good cars in there.

Woh, how lame. :drool:

Great that it don't work,lol.

And if your mates are good mates, they would dup & gift the cars to you.
Another good way is to use the marketplace here. You can get very good trades.
Some car collectors really trading very expensive cars for your cheap UCD cars with you. ;)

I don't know if this will work but try it with the internet connection disabled and a User with no PSN. I know that if you create the save data in a USER without a PSN you can use it with any other account.

I don't know if this will work but try it with the internet connection disabled and a User with no PSN. I know that if you create the save data in a USER without a PSN you can use it with any other account.

I think this too says you have loaded another users file.

Woh, how lame. :drool:

Great that it don't work,lol.

And if your mates are good mates, they would dup & gift the cars to you.
Another good way is to use the marketplace here. You can get very good trades.
Some car collectors really trading very expensive cars for your cheap UCD cars with you. ;)

A while ago there was a save on here that someone posted for download, they also included the password and user email. If you have those two things you can play someone else's save and also you can play online as long as someone else is not trying to use it at the same time.

And I am one of those traders that will trade anything of my 800 plus cars for regular cars I do not have so if you need good cars I can help, and once I complete my collection I will start giving away any car for free.

Back