Australia
Hindmarsh Island
TDZ-4-12-14-88
XBOX_is_GAY!!!!
EdioqY.jpg

WELCOME TO THE 2014 BATHURST 1000
POWERED BY CORE

m2xz.jpg

The event will be run in an open lobby and driver swaps will be available to network teams which will be detailed in the updated OP.

The Race will be run to a 6 hour time limit as oppose to the 1000km/ 161 lap event, whilst the cars are being specified to travel 161 laps in approximately 6 hours, the race will run the full 6 hours regardless of how many laps are traveled.

**Image Hyperlinked**

Event specific Rules

Penalties Stewards will relay a penalty via the text box, Stewards are the only people allowed to use the text box, text box usage will be subject to a penalty,

White line rules regarding pit entry/ exit are exempt from this event, due care and pitting etiquette will still apply,

Network teams, It is important that your incoming driver awaits the all clear from the stewards before entering the circuit, any driver who chooses to go to circuit before receiving the all clear from the stewarding body will not have those completed laps counted towards their total,

Penalties will be in the form of a stop/go penalty on the paved are to the left of the exit of the last turn, each infringement will be to the value of 30 seconds,​

Cars,
Will be limited to 3 per manufacture,
WrrnVI.jpg

Mandatory!
all cars must have all applicable body options on the car,

Teams
This is a team based event, each team will require a minimum 2 drivers, they can be either local from the one console or network teams featuring drivers from around the world,

Teams are required to submit an application for participation here on the thread as follows,

NOTE! The team Principle and Driver 1 can be the same person, personnel in the team can be changed at anytime, Network teams new drivers must provide a speed test,

Application for a local team,
Team Name: Holden Racing Team
Skype Name:
Team Principle: @BATHURST 1000
Driver 1: @BATHURST 1000
Driver 2: My brother
Driver 3: N/A
Team Number: #22
Team Color: White, black wheels, red calipers
Team Car: Chevrolet Camaro SS '10

Local teams are only required to provide the following,
Qualifying Driver: BATHURST 1000
Starting Driver: BATHURST 1000

Speed test,
3724286138.png

Application for a Network team, Example
Team Name: XXXXXX
Team Principle: XXXX1
Driver 1: XXXX1
Skype Name:
Driver 2: XXXX2
Skype Name:
Driver 3: XXXX3
Skype Name:
Team Number: #1
Team Color: Green, white wheels, yellow calipers,

Event Plan,

Qualifying Driver: XXXX1,
Starting driver: XXXX3,
0:58 Driver swap: XXXX1,
3:30 Driver swap: XXXX2,
4:49:Driver swap: XXXX3,
6:00 Finish,

Driver XXXX1 speed test,

NOTE! event plan modification may be discussed with your team by myself if needed,

Team Requirements
All teams and drivers are required to have Skype, If you are in a local team only one member is required to have Skype preferably as a team account but any accessing account will do,
Network drivers are also required to have Skype, thus being able to remind the stewards of an upcoming driver change etc,
All teams and network drivers are expected to submit an internet speed test from speedtest.net

NOTE! if you are uncomfortable with sharing your personal details with the skype chat we suggest creating a bogus Skype account using your PSN or team's name, This is mandatory and anyone who is non compliant will not be allowed to participate,

NOTE! Network drivers are expected to submit their own speedtest here themselves,

All teams and drivers are required to take digital stint photo's, when you leave the pits and each time you enter the pits take a photo,
You will then upload your photo's to your team principle who is to place them in order and submit them to the stewards for official classification,

NOTE! Any laps not accounted for due to a disconnect or what ever other reason will not be claimed, We suggest setting up a camera on a tri-pod and taking pictures every lap on the straights, Remember if there is no evidence it didn't happen,

All team's must have the same car, in the same color with the same number box and number, non corresponding cars will be asked to exit the lobby and become compliant with their teams nominations,

Network teams must provide a race weekend structure, detailing,
Qualifying driver:
Starting Driver:
And a driver's stint table on when they plan to do driver swaps,

Qualifying Driver:
Starting Driver:

All teams/ Drivers are required to announce their driver swaps on Skype, Network drivers will be expected to hold whilst we ensure their vehicle specifications are compliant to the regulations before entering the track,

Qualifying, 8AM BST/ 4:30PM ACST 04/10/2014,
Will be a 1 hour session closed session held in the qualifying setting as provided by GT6, Teams must nominate the qualifying driver in the week prior to the session, The session will be locked and the cars will be held under Parc Ferme conditions,

Top 6 shootout, 9:10AM BST/ 5:40PM ACST 04/10/2014
The top 6 shootout will take place 10 minutes after qualifying has finished, the cars will remain under Parc Ferme conditions from the qualifying session, Cars will be sent out 1 at a time as in the Top 10 shootout, as instructed by the stewards,

NOTE! once qualifying has finished the cars will be kept in qualifying order, the only order that may change is the top 6, remember if your car has qualified in the top 6 it cannot fall lower then 6th!
From the start of qualifying to the end of the top 6 shootout the cars will be held under Parc Ferme conditions,

NOTE!
ACST becomes ADST during the night between the 4th and 5th of October, this OP is adjusted accordingly,

Raceday, Lobby opens 7:30AM BST/ 5PM ADST 05/10/2014
All teams and nominated starting drivers are required to enter the lobby as soon as possible to ensure connection qualities etc,

The Start, Lobby Reset at 7:55AM BST/ 5:25PM ADST
Once the lobby is refreshed the stewards will call the cars to the circuit in their qualifying order to commence the pace lap, once the pace lap is completed the cars will grid up stationary on the grid and await the start of the race that will be called by the steward,

The Race, 8AM BST/ 5:30PM ADST
Will last 6 hours as oppose the the correct 161 laps, the cars specifications are being designed to meet the 161 laps just inside the 6 hours duration mark, but the race finish will be 6 hours or 2PM BST/ 10:30PM ACST, this is to eliminate confusion regarding the end of the race,

Pitstops and Driver swaps, It is expected that all teams follow the correct procedure entering and exiting pit lane, whilst we understand that the game will spit you out over the white line on exit it is expected that you hold the left side of the circuit until up to race speed,

Network driver swaps, There will be a spare lobby spot for network driver swaps, this will allow us to spec check the car prior to it entering the track, once the baton is relayed to the next driver the previous driver must exit the lobby immediately, NO LOITERING! this is to ensure driver swaps can happen swiftly for all teams,

Any questions please ask,

Also, If you are a single driver and cannot find a team please express your interest and we will try help you find a home,

gw53.jpg

Entry list,

Team #1,
Team Skype:
Team Principle: BATHURST 1000
Driver 1: BATHURST 1000
Driver 3: None
Team Number: 22

Last edited:
Love the idea and it should be a great event. If you have a group getting together to run the race somewhere Dave, let me know and I will try my hardest to make the race. Unfortunately I wont be able to qualify as I will be racing the Wingless on the Saturday Night

Great idea :)
I will see if I can convince some friends to do this little adventure. We would perform "old school" driver changes (the 3 drivers in the location).
Our objective would mainly be to participate to the fun, reach the finish line and gain experience in this kind of race as this would be the first endurance for most of the team.

Just a quick question about oil change: is there not a problem between drivers doing network changes (driver 2 and 3 can start with fresh oil and may have the same power from start to the end) versus local teams who will start to lose power after more or less 250 miles until the end of the race ?

Last edited:
Love the idea and it should be a great event. If you have a group getting together to run the race somewhere Dave, let me know and I will try my hardest to make the race. Unfortunately I wont be able to qualify as I will be racing the Wingless on the Saturday Night

leave it with me mate, I shall see what I can do

Great idea :)
I will see if I can convince some friends to do this little adventure. We would perform "old school" driver changes (the 3 drivers in the location).

Just a quick question about oil change: is there not a problem between drivers doing network changes (driver 2 and 3 can start with fresh oil and may have the same power from start to the end) versus local teams who will start to lose power after more or less 250 miles until the end of the race ?

I have found doing the oil change then putting the 250mi the adjusting the power to what is required to be the most beneficial, power loss wont occur for 4000mi+,

Team Application,

My brother is a rubbish driver so would it be possible to just change on track for a couple of minutes when I'm really desperate for a break?

Any rough idea of specs yet?

Also the times for Sunday should be in ACDT since daylight saving starts on Sunday morning.

3724286138.png

thank you very much,

can I use this sign up as the example for the OP?

it is mandatory that all driver changes happen in pit lane, this is to ensure there are no awkward or slow cars on the track,

thank you very much,

can I use this sign up as the example for the OP?

it is mandatory that all driver changes happen in pit lane, this is to ensure there are no awkward or slow cars on the track,

Sure, you can use it. Is the internet ok because I'm worried it will be too slow?

Sure, you can use it. Is the internet ok because I'm worried it will be too slow?

It depends on what region of the world ends up dominating the entry list, we have a plan in place to ensure that all sign ups get the best and fairest connection for all, its more or less borderline

If only this wasn't a multi-driver race. Or started at 4 freaking AM. I've been dying to race a Bathurst 1000 ever since I got GT6.

I'll be on the livestream. :)

If only this wasn't a multi-driver race. Or started at 4 freaking AM. I've been dying to race a Bathurst 1000 ever since I got GT6.

I'll be on the livestream. :)

well the beauty of this event is having a team mate, perhaps finding one that is a bit more timeslot friendly that would be able to do the first 2-3 hours then you take over for the remainder?

well the beauty of this event is having a team mate, perhaps finding one that is a bit more timeslot friendly that would be able to do the first 2-3 hours then you take over for the remainder?
Oh, I didn't see we could do network swaps. I'll think about it.

Team Application,

My brother is a rubbish driver so would it be possible to just change on track for a couple of minutes when I'm really desperate for a break?

Any rough idea of specs yet?

Also the times for Sunday should be in ACDT since daylight saving starts on Sunday morning.

3724286138.png

I will need a team Skype name, May I suggest GTP HRT??? :sly:

The OP is also updated, no car spec's as yet but we are working on it, the rest of the details on the event are there including the rules and penalties, If any of the links in it do not work please let me know and I will sort it for you,

Last edited:
WrrnVI.jpg

Here are the specifications required for the cars, how you get them there is up to you, remember all applicable tuning parts can be fitted and all available aero parts must be fitted,

Also, the reason we ask for speed tests is so we can discuss with the local team with the best internet strength to host it, be that they are from Australia, Europe or U.S.A it does not matter, all people will connect to that line if that team allows it, This is to ensure better network strength and be more international on the grid,

Last edited:
Just a question to avoid any confusion, is there a certain rear wing which must be used for each make or is everyone free to use whichever wings they want?

Just a question to avoid any confusion, is there a certain rear wing which must be used for each make or is everyone free to use whichever wings they want?
What ever you want, all cars had the highest value wing on the car when tested and therefore in mathematical terms it can only get worse from then on

Team Name: Renault Megane Trophy Challenge All-Stars
Team Principle: NW48
Driver 1: Amac500
Skype Name: TBA

Driver 2: NW48
3775736439.png

Driver 3: Mtla1984
3733662897.png

Car Choice: TBA
Team Number: #48
Team Color: TBA

(Our Skype names and team colour decisions will be put in this post in a few days once we get it all sorted.)

Last edited:
I'm interested. Like NW48, I should announced my team soon (hopefully).

After discussing it with my brother, we've decided not to pursue this due to time commitments and internet performance.

Good luck to all those drivers who will be racing.

Team Name: Renault Megane Trophy Challenge All-Stars
Team Principle: NW48
Driver 1: Amac500

Driver 2: NW48
3775736439.png

Driver 3: Mtla1984
3733662897.png

Team Number: #48
Team Color: TBA

(Our Skype names and team colour decisions will be put in this post in a few days once we get it all sorted.)

also car choice might need to be addrd

Back