Correct F.O.V ( Cockpit Cam )

• Thread starter azrilnazli
  • 16 comments
Malaysia
Malaysia
bazet_mpower
FOV in GTSport is very basic but it does work. So I'm attaching images of my current FOV. One of the weakness of GT Sport, it doesn't have a utility that can change FOV value ( unlike PC/AC ) and that is so inconvenient.

There's no ability to hide the wheel and arms too. But this is the best I can get. Just put 42 inch TV just behind the wheel base and adjust the cockpit cam heigh and distance.

So what's the purpose of driving in correct FOV ?
I'm from iRacing PC Sim and we're locked to cockpit cam. Years of racing and I can't drive in other camera modes, just cockpit cam. To me, I found it immersive and easier to gauge what happening around me and better judgement of brake marker.

Attachments

• 22814433_10155765895197145_7623107474997199864_n.jpg
    22814433_10155765895197145_7623107474997199864_n.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 583
  • 22815579_10155765895067145_6534702416258923071_n.jpg
    22815579_10155765895067145_6534702416258923071_n.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 566
I've never seen someone use a setup that close to a TV/monitor before.

But on-topic, adjustable FOV in cockpits would be stellar. The height and position adjustments are helpful, but in the majority of cases, it's not enough for me.

Maybe the devs don't think adjustable cockpit cam FOV is very important. Correct FOV and screen placement is already a common thing in PC simracing, but maybe very new to console scene. Having a tool that can adjust FOV value will be a great feature alongside with options to hide wheel and arms

But on-topic, adjustable FOV in cockpits would be stellar. The height and position adjustments are helpful, but in the majority of cases, it's not enough for me.
I sit 45" away from a 60" screen.

Maybe the devs don't think adjustable cockpit cam FOV is very important. Correct FOV and screen placement is already a common thing in PC simracing, but maybe very new to console scene. Having a tool that can adjust FOV value will be a great feature alongside with options to hide wheel and arms

I’ve seen Kaz using the bumper cam in many videos so maybe that’s it.

Thats funny because almost every proper setup has the screen sitting right behind the wheel. Mine does as well. Only when u have a HUGE screen or beamer you'd want to put it away a bit further. But general rule is the closer the better.

To OP, i feel you man. I can only drive cockpit view as well as i never driven anything else. I would like to have a proper FOV setting so i could set it mathematicly correct. Currently i run -5 on almost al cars in attempt to get it somewhat correct but thats still not good enough. And the lack of a virtual mirror makes it so i cant drive all cars cause i cant see behind. This game really needs a virtual mirror and proper FOV option.

I agree the FOV in GT is so limited. GT cockpit cam without FOV adjustments feels so outdated.

IF GT had FOV options then we could use the PSVR Cinema screen and play with the headset to get a very large screen right in front of you. I started doing this with Project Cars 2 and it makes driving in cockpit view much better!

Back