Corvette powered Prius

  • Thread starter Thread starter deadcell96
  • 35 comments
  • 7,865 views
Messages
680
United States
somewhere in PA
Messages
deadcell96
"600-hp Corvette-powered Toyota Prius on CraigslistSome concepts are so wrong they traverse the globe like Phileas Fogg and come around on the other side suddenly in the right. A Toyota Prius with an upgraded 600-hp LS7 V8 wedged in the nose? So bad it's good again.

This Craigslist posting seems entirely implausible. Ignoring the physics of dumping a 7.0-liter V8 — more commonly found in a Corvette Z06 — into something as small as a Prius without any exterior adjustments, the car's being sold running for only $35,000. Seems like too good of a deal, especially when you look at the upgrades:

LS7 7.0L V8
Dry sump conversion with custom oil tank
Superior Friction clutch and matching flywheel
Oil Cooler
Custom Mounting Kit
Hinson Radiator with FAL Fan
Tsunami Fuel pump
Upgraded FPR and braided steel lines AN-6
Long Tube Headers
Quiet Free Flowing Exhaust with Header Dump
Upgraded Computer
Aluminum Driveshaft
Rear Torque Arm
Custom Intake

And that's just the drivetrain, not to mention the body kit, wheels, interior work, et cetera. The posting says the very un-green Prius can do 603 hp, with 900 possible thanks to nitrous lines that aren't yet hooked up. The seller also claims he raised the price after so many offers on his original, we're assuming lower, offer.

Scam? Legit? Let's just say I wouldn't bring the money in cash."

Anyone else wanna call BS. Actually, now that I think about it, why would anyone even bother modifying a Prius?
 
Last edited:
All i'm getting is a blank page.

Why not though? It's just like the Civic with the Corvette engine.
 
What Craigslist post?
 
Not quiiiiite a 3S-GTE with a huge honking turbo and anti-lag...but I guess it works.
 
All i'm getting is a blank page.

Why not though? It's just like the Civic with the Corvette engine.

Why not? Because the Prius looks like 🤬 And regardless of what engine it has under the bonnet, it's still a Prius.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why not? Because the Prius looks like 🤬 And regardless of what engine it has under the bonnet, it's still a Prius.

Ahem...

Because in a straight line, it'll be quite fast. That aerodynamic shape isn't just good for fuel economy, y'know...

Take it to the Texas Mile with some sticky tires. See what happens.
 
OMG! A 600 HP Prius!!!
Damn that makes me wish there was engine swapping in GT5.
Ah well, I guess I'll have to just stick to supercharged Fiat 500s for now. :D
 
Ahem...

Because in a straight line, it'll be quite fast. That aerodynamic shape isn't just good for fuel economy, y'know...

Take it to the Texas Mile with some sticky tires. See what happens.

Ever heard of the term "polishing a turd"?

That's an example of it riiiiight there. I believe that is what CarreraGT was referring to. No doubt it's going to be insanely fast but it is still just a Toyota Prius.
 
318129d1283306908-tourbillon-movement-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics-gif
 
Ever heard of the term "polishing a turd"?

That's an example of it riiiiight there. I believe that is what CarreraGT was referring to. No doubt it's going to be insanely fast but it is still just a Toyota Prius.

That's exactly what I was getting at. Besides, the Corvette isn't exactly a brick when it comes to aerodynamics (0.26 vs. ~0.28 for the C6 Vette I believe). And the Corvette doesn't look like a Prius :)
 
Point enough...but c'mon...it's a sleeper. A kind of trollish sleeper, at that. XD

I'd still rather the turbo four and anti-lag...more for the looks I get when driving past a Seattle coffee house...the gunshot-like backfires would be worth the price.

"What was that?"
"A Prius. I think."
 
I guess I'm the only one who likes the Prius then.
 
I would sooner believe a Prius with a Ferrari engine shoved in the back... the nose just isn't long enough for a V8... not without moving the drive back quite a bit.

The Prius is actually interesting... the balance is better than most FWD cars because it's butt-heavy. Great aerodynamics. Solid body.

But the tires. The wheels. You can't fit wheels wide enough to give the LS motor traction under the rear arches. It'd be a nightmare...
 
^ Creepy double post there, niky.

That's what I thought too, no way a LS V8's fitting in a Prius.
 
My netbook is hooked to the internet via my smartphone. Get a lot of double posts due to 3G signal lag.
 
I see. For sure if you want an economical daily driver, it's hard to beat. I just don't think I could do it to myself... Pride has got to be worth at least, what..... 5L/100km? :).
 
Point enough...but c'mon...it's a sleeper. A kind of trollish sleeper, at that. XD

I'd still rather the turbo four and anti-lag...more for the looks I get when driving past a Seattle coffee house...the gunshot-like backfires would be worth the price.

"What was that?"
"A Prius. I think."

As a sleeper, a hot rodded Prius would be tons of fun.

And oh come on, not everyone in a Seattle coffee house are tree hugging super liberal hippies.
 
Toyota could at least rise the power of the petrol engine to 140hp like the recently updated Brazilian Corolla which cost at least 75% more than any Corolla in the rest of the world
 
The engine is a lot different... different head-flow and it runs on a weird Atkinson (or Parkinson? :lol: ) cycle.
 
I see. For sure if you want an economical daily driver, it's hard to beat. I just don't think I could do it to myself... Pride has got to be worth at least, what..... 5L/100km? :).

I like the Prius. I see it for what it really is, a good, practical, and very economical car. I don't care what other people think about me when I drive it, they can think whatever they want. I don't need some V8 powered pickup truck to know who I am (says the person who owns a V8 powered pickup truck:lol:) Pride has nothing to do with it.
 
Put a LS7 in a Prius, its still a Prius.
 
I like the Prius. I see it for what it really is, a good, practical, and very economical car. I don't care what other people think about me when I drive it, they can think whatever they want. I don't need some V8 powered pickup truck to know who I am (says the person who owns a V8 powered pickup truck:lol:) Pride has nothing to do with it.

Don't worry, I was only joking :).

I myself would never own one, but I have nothing against those who do. It's just not my kind of car.
 
Don't worry, I was only joking :).

I myself would never own one, but I have nothing against those who do. It's just not my kind of car.

The way I see, your car is only cool if there are uncool cars to compare it too:sly:
 
Back