Could DTM Soon Return to Forza Motorsport?

I hope so! Please let this be true! The 2019 Indy cars was such a wonderful surprise, and so will this one!

Variety is what Forza does best nowadays, with so many cars from different eras. If DTM does returns to Forza Motorsport, I hope it returns in FM8 (or whatever the next Forza will be called). Oh, and we need more tracks for the next game too, as well as more features.

Exciting times for this franchise is ahead, and I for one am looking forward to it!

It'd be nice if DTM returned to Forza (they could bring that new Vantage DTM while they're at it), but using a single twitter post as an evidence does seem pretty far-fetched...

I think this is really interesting. Someone is responsible for the social media account of DTM. Is that account known for some crazy PR stunts? If not, we can take this as a first tease for something coming in the future. It could be some kind of hoax of course, but i dont see any reason why.

DTM returning to the bright spotlight of todays racing games however makes much more sense. Im pretty sure the DTM is looking for some E-Sport competition. Blancpain has E-Sport. WEC has E-Sport. F1 has E-Sport. Everybody is looking for the potential behind this. Know, of course, Forza propably isnt the perfect place for a proper DTM simulation but i will take what i can get.

Plus, GTs have Super GT. Mixing it with current Class 1 rules would be a win if the deal to use DTM cars isn't exclusive.

If they want to breathe new life into 7 they should release a Super GT expansion with the cars and tracks from the Japanese series.
Super GT/JGTC is one of these race disciplines/categories that has been long forgotten in Forza. Back then, from the first game until Motorsport 4 there were quite a lot. Like we only have technically one Super GT car in Motorsport 7 (the Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R). Oh and DTM too, there were quite some silhouette touring cars and those based on DTM in the older games, like the Audi Abt TT-R, Audi A4 DTM, Mercedes Benz C-Class DTM and Opel Astra V8 Coupe.

Given that the 2019 Super GT and DTM seasons could have joint-races, and that they're technically called as "Class One" cars, an expansion based on them would really make sense, with a few tracks. They'll have to make a new division however, either "Class One" or "Forza Silhouette Touring" because I don't think they'll be fit for "Forza GT" (despite the Super GT-spec Nissan GT-R being in there).

@GBalao888
This is one of my criticism with Forza Games. Turn10 needs to introduce more racing cars per series and manage those groups better. GT3 cars should race against GT3 and so on.

Some hoppers are bad in this regard, because with GTE or GT3 cars you are racing against prototype cars. This never made any sense to me and imo increases the amount of accidents at the start of a online race significantly.

@GBalao888
This is one of my criticism with Forza Games. Turn10 needs to introduce more racing cars per series and manage those groups better. GT3 cars should race against GT3 and so on.

Some hoppers are bad in this regard, because with GTE or GT3 cars you are racing against prototype cars. This never made any sense to me and imo increases the amount of accidents at the start of a online race significantly.

That's pretty much what they did with homologation, I don't know why it was refused so hard by the online community in favor of class racing...
Every other track racing game has an homologation enforced (PC2, AC, GTS etc...)

That's pretty much what they did with homologation, I don't know why it was refused so hard by the online community in favor of class racing...
Every other track racing game has an homologation enforced (PC2, AC, GTS etc...)

I think that is partially the community play style fault, didn't Forza has always been about building up slow cars to race with faster ones? I'm new to this franchise and that seem to be what most complaints about the homologation I saw.

Also in pCARS the classes is balanced based on the vehicle stock performance instead of the type of car/era like in Forza (hypercars, supercars, retro supercars). I remember pCARS 2 has the LP700 ran with BAC Mono, 911 GT3 RS and Ferrari Enzo, generally the classes in pCARS is a bit of a mess to look at but it race well enough together without nerfing or buffing the car stats.

I wouldn't be against it if Forza went to all Homoligation classes. I really get tired of having to drive "Rev Banging Missiles" to keep up with some of these guys.

A lot of these guys will stay away from Homoligation Leagues because they can't drive their over powered cars that can't turn to save their life. But are so fast in a straight line you can't catch them.

DTM cars are something I really miss from Forza 7. As long as they bring a lot of them, I don't mind waiting.

I'd love to see the 2019 crop but also cars from the V8 area and of course from the good ol' days like cars from the early '90s (M3, Audi V8, MB 190), the Alfas and the C-Klasse, hell, maybe even the Opel Calibra.

Additionally having 2019 Class One cars from DTM and Super GT together would be something for sure. I guess one can dream...

I love the homoligation classes in Forza, to bad the community isn’t more into actual formal racing.

Last edited:
Wait, exclusivity?? I was totally unaware of this, who has the rights?

Article:
"the only title available to play DTM cars has been RaceRoom Racing Experience. Rumors have long been circulating that DTM’s partnership with R3E is exclusive."

And for example, I think Polyphony Digital and Turn10 would like to add DTM license. Two biggest racing games don't have DTM... maybe not a choice.

Last edited:
Back