Could Forza Horizon 5 Release Before Forza Motorsport?

Honestly I could see it happening, Horizon's arcade nature means they can use a simpler form of the (hopefully completely new) engine and putting all the location modeling assets into one location likely makes that process quicker as well.
The game engines between Horizon and Motorsport have always been identical. It's just that one has values set to make it more "arcade" and the other has values set to make it more "sim."

The game engines between Horizon and Motorsport have always been identical. It's just that one has values set to make it more "arcade" and the other has values set to make it more "sim."

Yes, they have been, which has been a part of the problem for some time as it doesn't really simulate more advanced features of cars like KERS and active aero. If they really are finally moving Motorsport back towards the sim side the engine will need to be more advanced than what they use for Horizon.

If they really are finally moving Motorsport back towards the sim side the engine will need to be more advanced than what they use for Horizon.
You may well be right. I'll admit I'm no expert. But I don't believe that because a game is sim that means the engine is more advanced or complex than a game that is more arcade. They both require an amazing amount of engineering and coding to achieve their desired results.

Playground could be busy with Fable. I wouldnt be shocked if a different team brings Forza Horizon 5 next year. However, Forza 8 got teased first. I dont see Microsoft marketing two Forzas at once. Imagine Activision showing a teaser for Black Ops Cold War 2, but Modern Warfare 2 gets released first. No, i think we are getting Forza 8 next year or no Forza at all.

Fable is being developed by Playground's new second studio. The Horizon team is still making Horizon, as far as we know.

The source is "someone said a thing on the internet" this is not very convincing. I suppose its possible Horizon comes first, but I sincerely doubt it, there is no other evidence to suggest this.

Fable is being developed by Playground's new second studio. The Horizon team is still making Horizon, as far as we know.

This doesn't mean that they don't do work on Fable when that game is more critical for Microsoft... e.g. landscaping for the game world. But you're right, there is two or perhaps 3 teams now at Playground.

Back