Could Lotus Still Come Back?

Not sure if anyone else feels this, but it seems that there is always one manufacturer that doesn't want to be in whatever racing games.

This week might be bad because of GWFOS, but as it happens I'm actually working GWFOS so I'll see if I can catch up there, or follow up next week.

Any more news on why the Lotus cars are missing?

VBR
Any more news on why the Lotus cars are missing?
Ah, yes. Not sure exactly how much I can say, but according to a chap who deals with Lotus's licensing and merchandising, it's nothing to do with Geely at all and is ultimately a licensing issue between Lotus and Sony that hasn't been resolved yet - but might be.

Ah, yes. Not sure exactly how much I can say, but according to a chap who deals with Lotus's licensing and merchandising, it's nothing to do with Geely at all and is ultimately a licensing issue between Lotus and Sony that hasn't been resolved yet - but might be.

Lotus & Sony you say, not Lotus & PD?

Last edited:
VBR
Lotus & Sony you say, not Lotus & PD?
As PD is a Sony in-house developer, they're pretty much interchangeable in conversations like that.

Sony, as the publisher, gets all the money from sales, then gives PD money for the next one, and PD spends it, but I'd hazard a guess that the contracts, including licensing contracts, are with Sony as Sony has all the lawyers. Which is helpful when someone like Virag comes calling!

We all know that the Lotus Evora was in the earlier GT Sport builds, but tragically taken out due to Geely purchasing the company. This took away the possibility of potential Group 4 and Group 3 cars for Lotus, which is a real bummer considering there's a GT300 Lotus Evora and a GT4 one. How I would want to drive those cars in GT Sport. However, is it all lost for PD? Can they obtain the licence again or has the notion been quashed completely?
Lets start a petition to get the elise in the game

I missed this before, but thank you for following up with them. I can't say there's many manufacturers I'd want more in the game than Lotus.

Forza Horizon 4's car list just got announced, with no shortage of Lotus models.
2016 Lotus 3-Eleven
2012 Lotus Exige S
2011 Lotus Evora S
2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
2002 Lotus Esprit V8
2000 Lotus 340R
1997 Lotus Elise GT1
1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
1956 Lotus Eleven

Sony/PD need to sort their 🤬 out with Lotus. A brand with this amount of racing heritage needs to be in a GT title focused on racing.

Forza Horizon 4's car list just got announced, with no shortage of Lotus models.

Sony/PD need to sort their 🤬 out with Lotus. A brand with this amount of racing heritage needs to be in a GT title focused on racing.
Unfortunately it was announced at the same time that Mitsubishi (Alongside Toyota & Lexus) is no longer featured in that game. Although it sucks I think we're somewhat lucky we've only lost Lotus.

Well, seeing that I decided not to interrupt the brand of my country, as Geely seems to have nothing to do with this issue. BTW any ideas of Volvo (even Polestar if any news about it)?

Unfortunately it was announced at the same time that Mitsubishi (Alongside Toyota & Lexus) is no longer featured in that game. Although it sucks I think we're somewhat lucky we've only lost Lotus.

Wow that's amazing.

Why are the Japanese closing ranks on what looks like western games only?

Nothing to fear at PD though.

About Volvo.... I want this one:

yJ7MSEX.jpg

Fits dead square in GR3 and who doesnt like the idea of a mid mounted Nissan 3.5 v8 Volvo? Campaigned this thing in Forza 6.

Well, this can be interpreted in many ways, don't take that as a confirmation of any sort. Only thing this says is Lotus has interest in being included in GT Sport. We don't know if discussions are actively happening right now, or if someone is asking too much from the other party, or other reasons.

I'm wondering if any connection can be made between Lotus and Goodwood...
They’re both cornerstones of the British motoring scene

Well, this can be interpreted in many ways, don't take that as a confirmation of any sort. Only thing this says is Lotus has interest in being included in GT Sport. We don't know if discussions are actively happening right now, or if someone is asking too much from the other party, or other reasons.
If PD knows what’s good for them, they’ll settle any money dispute they have with Lotus for licensing, because unlike Spa, they’re willing to talk

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony needs to get in gear with these licensing issues and start closing out some deals.
This also goes to show just how well things can flip on the observer. It seemed Geely was to blame given the timing, but in fact they have nothing to do with it. Feeling disappointed.

Lotus is a true old school brand with heritage that dates back to the first Formula and Grand Touring races. As others have said it's kinda sloppy to not have Lotus in a E-Motorsport (new phrase) centric online racing game.

Sony needs to get in gear with these licensing issues and start closing out some deals.
This also goes to show just how well things can flip on the observer. It seemed Geely was to blame given the timing, but in fact they have nothing to do with it. Feeling disappointed.

Lotus is a true old school brand with heritage that dates back to the first Formula and Grand Touring races. As others have said it's kinda sloppy to not have Lotus in a E-Motorsport (new phrase) centric online racing game.
Sony’s too proud for their own good, but here’s hoping.

Back