- 7,588

- Whateversville
- Flerbizky
TaurineBahahaha, I knew you would bring this up - who ever looks at your threads anyway?![]()
Bah... So far, it's still the best picture of the Toyota 7
TaurineBahahaha, I knew you would bring this up - who ever looks at your threads anyway?![]()
KSaiyuIt's a shame you have to fit a stage 4 to keep up with the other 800+ HP cars, although the HUGE lag from that makes it useless in racing.
Turbo Lag is the time that passes from the turbines in the turbo starts spooling up till they actually start to produce pressure.. The bigger the turbines, the longer time to spool the turbo..G-T-4-FanI know I'm stupid, especially if it comes to cars; What's turbo lag
FlerbizkyThis was very common problem when turbo was young. Power kicking in when you don't want, or don't expect it to.. Today though, with advanced engine management, variable turbo geometry, twin turbo (smaller turbines), serial turbo etc. not really a problem...
G-T-4-FanHAHA, powerkicking when you don't want it to, thanks anyway
👍
FlerbizkyJeeez mate... It's 34 years old. What the hell do you expect ?... And it IS quite snappy when you get to know it a little...
KSaiyuWell what I mean is it has one of the best power to weight ratio stock, yet still understeers more than most of the other "hyper" cars, and the only way to keep up with others in competitive races is by fitting that turbo, but the fact that there are 5 gears and it has HUGE turbo lag means that it's useless for racing. AFAIK there are no other races where it could be competitive, so that's why I'm dissapointed with it - not the fact that it understandably isn't as fast as "modern" cars.
KSaiyuI guess, it's just a shame that with a P/W of .52 it understeers like a ***** if you don't do some suspension tuning (around Suzuka at least).