Counting down to Le Mans

• Thread starter Zardoz
  • 221 comments
The Le Mans 24-hour is on June 18 and 19. Here's the English-language version of the official web site:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/accueil_gb.html

Here's the results of the test day. The Pescarolos are looking awfully strong this year:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/chronos_gb.html

Some good shots here, but the image quality isn't great:

http://boutique.lemans.org/24heuresdumans2005/

And here's the complete entry list. There's at least one error on it, though: The Saleen has withdrawn over a dispute with the organizers over the width of its rear wing:

http://www.lemans.org/univers_sport/24hauto/live/pages/liste_jtest_gb.html

I'll be pulling for the Astons and Peskies, myself, but the 'Vettes and Audis will undoubtedly prevail, as usual.

Zardoz
I'll be pulling for the Astons and Peskies, myself, but the 'Vettes and Audis will undoubtedly prevail, as usual.

I second that! Especially since Pescarolo is in their own backyard. Plus, I'm tired of watching Audis and Vettes win.

The Aston DBR 9 looked very impressive and absolutetly by far the best looking car car in its last run at silverstone with a 1,2, (can some one please tell me why they didnt run at the last event?) It beat the Maserati MC12 which is based on the Ferrrai Enzo which is a race car designed 4 the road where as the Aston is a GT. Then again its been seen times b4 that a good road car doesn't make a good race car and vice versa.

kylehnat
I second that! Especially since Pescarolo is in their own backyard. Plus, I'm tired of watching Audis and Vettes win.

I'm going for the Audi Playstation Team Oreca. That sure is a beautiful car.

Audi? The playstation cars are Pescarolos, like in GT4. They apparently qualified 1 and 2 (cars 16 and 17)! I guess people can't complain about Polyphony making them so fast when they're the fastest at LeMans, huh?

Does anyone know about tv coverage in Australia ?

While we are at it if anyone has news of tv coverage anywhere why not post it here.

xXSilencerXx
I like the Corvettes.

Don't we all?

Still, it would be great to see the Astons pull off a Le Mans GT class win. Besides, if they did it would almost force PD to include the mighty DBR-9 in the next version of the game!

I sure hope Tom Kristensen wins again... that would be awsome, 7 vitories in 9 attempts 👍, "His" car isn't in the test results though :confused: wonder why...
GO TOM K!!!

Never mind! Found it, he just isn't mentioned because he didn't take part in the last test due to a DTM race 👍 :)

I never really liked the Audi teams in the past but I will be going for the Playstation Audi this year. As for GT1 - I normally go for the ACEMCO Saleen during ALMS races but since they will not be at Le Mans this year, I hope the Corvette boys bring home the victory.

Actually I've never watched more than highlights of Le Mans, but this year I'm quite keen to have a more in-depth look. Does the race start on the 18th and finish on the 19th? What time does it start? Does anyone know about TV coverage in South Africa?

Ebiggs
I'm going for the Audi Playstation Team Oreca. That sure is a beautiful car.

👍 Agreed.... GT5 anyone? :sly:

I wanted to go to Le Mans this year, but I will be going home to Scotland that weekend, so I couldn't have gone anyway... :indiff: Still, should be able to watch it on cable... 👍

The Aston Martin DBR9 is looking strong, both cars have done well in the testing, hopefully they can pull off a 1-2 in the GT1 class

dbartucci
Come on Zardoz, real racing in the GT4 forum?...

Aww, give him a break...in an attempt to make it relevant to "this forum" ;) , it's too bad they couldn't get this "GT4 Sponsored car" in the game in time:

_p8y4128%20copy.jpg

kylehnat

Actually, the Audis are so massively restricted this year after winning so much, the pescarolos are looking to be the favorites.

Also, someone said the Pescarolos qualified 1 & 2, but they were just 1 & 2 during the testing day on this Sunday the 5th.

As always, this is LeMans, and it's very tough on cars. Even though the Audis are down on power this year due to the new regulations, they are still an incredibly strong and durable car. They don't call it endurance racing for nothing.

Oh yeah, that playstation/GT4 Audi is GORGEOUS!

CSS
I sure hope Tom Kristensen wins again...
Never mind! Found it, he just isn't mentioned because he didn't take part in the last test due to a DTM race 👍 :)

where he became second behind Ekstroem. Ekstroem leading the champ'ship with 27 points ahead of G. Paffet (24 Pts) and Kristensen (22). A shame we dont get to see DTM here in the U.S., I believe it could be very popular here. Currently it's breaking all broadcasting records in Germany.....awesome driving (Hakkinen, Frentzen, Alesi,just to name a few), great action !

Come on Speed channel...bring it on!

xXSilencerXx
Here in the US its usually on the Speed Channel but I don't know about Australia.

What about the UK. there is a few races on channel 413(motors TV) but im not sure if its the real ones showing or old ones or if its even Le mans! :embarrassed:

STINGER05
where he bacame second behind Ekstroem. Ekstroem leading the champ'ship with 27 points ahead of G. Paffet (24 Pts) and Kristensen (22). A shame we dont get to see DTM here in the U.S., I believe it could be very popular here...awesome driving (Hakkinen, Frentzen, Alesi,just to name a few), great action !

Speed TV broadcast it after the seasons over during winter. It was on for the past 2 years.

JTSnooks
Audi? The playstation cars are Pescarolos, like in GT4. They apparently qualified 1 and 2 (cars 16 and 17)! I guess people can't complain about Polyphony making them so fast when they're the fastest at LeMans, huh?
the audi team oreca have playstation n gran turismo decals on them :)

Does anybody know if its a definate or not if Speed TV is covering this? Stupid question, but they have bumped WRC many a time in the past for NASCAR.

STINGER05
where he became second behind Ekstroem. Ekstroem leading the champ'ship with 27 points ahead of G. Paffet (24 Pts) and Kristensen (22). A shame we dont get to see DTM here in the U.S., I believe it could be very popular here. Currently it's breaking all broadcasting records in Germany.....awesome driving (Hakkinen, Frentzen, Alesi,just to name a few), great action !

Yeah i know, i watched the race... it really sucks he came in second, the last eight laps he was really gaining on Mathias Ekstroem, but he just didn't make it 👎 Who knows maybe next time 👍

I'm very exciting about the race, I'm definitely watching it. (on the speed channel, when they're not showing NASCAR races 95% of the time) I'm rooting for the Pescaralos to win it all,, yea also the Corvettes. I hope Audi doesnt win it again, but I'm expecting it.

Im a big fan of the Bentley Speed 8, I was upset it didnt compete in Lemans last year. Though I doubt it very much, will the Bentley team participate in the race this year?

Zardoz
They're covering it like paint on a wall:

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/ind...067200&timezone=0&subcat=&program=&usecal=yes

Scroll down for the whole schedule, then click on the 19th on the calendar.

Yeah, I can see they're cutting out for 2 hours during prime time Saturday night in order to cover the USAR Hooters Pro Cup race.

No, it's not a joke. Yes, if you're outside of the USA, this is what we have to put up with. The "Hooters" race is like junior lever wanna-be nascar racers on dinky little 1/4 mile ovals. Sounds like reason enough to interrupt the most significant sports car race of the year, huh?

I really really really just hate the Speed Channel so so much... :mad: :banghead:

Ofcourse the battle this year is betweens the pescarolo's and the audi's(Nice gt4 paint job), but I think the Dome Judd and the Zytek are dangerous outsiders.

Surprised Speed are doing it, given the US GP is the same weekend. I've long since dumped Speed due to their constant NASCAR crap. (I like NASCAR, but c'mon, it's just ridiculous on there.) Anyone know online coverage? Radio Le Mans has had audio coverage for the last few years, but the URL now points to ALMS or LMES. (I forget which right now.)

Radio Le Mans plus the official Le Mans timing on the website will be my coverage this year.

Remember when Speedvision used to do the whole 24 hours:( The last year they did that, I watched 21 hours of it. Fantastic!

I remember getting really psyched when they had Gran Turismo ads at Le Mans a few years ago. Gotta cheer for the Sony cars:)

If you had to pick one LMP car from GT4 to enter Le Mans and win, which would it be? I'm a complete sucker for that gorgeous Bentley!

Back