Course Maker App Update (1.0.2)

• Thread starter aboe
  • 56 comments
United Kingdom
Lon Lon Ranch
aboe_83
Not really sure this is news to anyone, but I was playing GT6 into the early hours of this morning and once I was done, I exited to the main screen and noticed some new news.

It mentions an update to the Track Path Editor app for iOS and Android.

Just wondered if anybody else has noticed this and if so, have you noticed any big changes to the app or how it works?

I personally just updated the app myself and didn't really notice much different, except the new version number in the bottom left-hand corner. I started designing a new track but haven't imported it yet to try it out.

Here's a link to the details on the official GT website: LINK

EDIT: Decided to post a pic up as well -

14cr6lt.png

Interestingly, the date on the website is 10/11/2015, but I'm sure I've only just seen this news on my Home Page very recently.

Last edited:
As it says it seems to be just bug fixes, I've used the app and noticed no difference yet. It's a good thing that the app is now more reliable.

The date does seem to be a little odd, because it really was only posted to the official website a few hours ago.

Judging from the wording, they may have changed how the track can get incredibly bumpy when you place a lot of markers in quick succession. So those sorts of tracks may no longer be possible with the newer version. Some testing will be needed to verify that, though.

Wasn't out when I turned in at 0200hrs, just updated my laptop and not found any 'issues' and just going to do my PC now, (both Bluestacks), will post back results in a few minutes........;)

They've fixed the Playstation App bug, so that's great, but other than that I don't think there's anything else.

Writes everywhere that has been updated, just using it and its still 1.0.0, someone knows how to update on bluestack i would be appreciatet.

Whups. :D I think there'll be another update along really soon.

I just DLed it, stuck it on my Sony Xperia Z, and loaded an old track (Paul Ricard 3C.) And... the time slider now works such that anything past 1130 is... pretty dark. 1200 is pitch black. :D

Same for other environments with loaded tracks...

... and for created tracks.

WHUPS!

Hai PD, your app is broken. Sorry! Eifel looks nice at dusk though. Pretty. Either fix the time slider, or fix the headlights, or better, fix the time slider so you can have night properly, and ALSO fix the headlights.

Last edited:
I downloaded and tried it. Here are my impressions:

1. They fixed the transfer failed error that used to occur if you had been inactive for a while (and had to be resolved by logging in, logging out and then logging in again).
  2. The sine wave road geometry pattern (or simply the bumps) that occured when you placed anchors close to each other is now gone and the road is smooth. Bad for making jump tracks (although it's still possible, only not as extreme as before) but a big improvement when making serpent roads.
Here is a hillclimb track I just made, the corners are super smooth even though they're placed on a rather steep hill.

(Also, there is a modest jump at 2:01, as an example of what kind of jumps that are possible in this version)

Last edited:
Whups. :D I think there'll be another update along really soon.

I just DLed it, stuck it on my Sony Xperia Z, and loaded an old track (Paul Ricard 3C.) And... the time slider now works such that anything past 1130 is... pretty dark. 1200 is pitch black. :D

Same for other environments with loaded tracks...

... and for created tracks.

WHUPS!

Hai PD, your app is broken. Sorry! Eifel looks nice at dusk though. Pretty. Either fix the time slider, or fix the headlights, or better, fix the time slider so you can have night properly, and ALSO fix the headlights.

What updated app are you using? My time is still pretty accurate. Can you post a picture or video of this observation? I Actually want to know if this is really something in the game now. Would love to drive some of my tracks in the dark. Don't know if you meant CM tracks, or real tracks..

I downloaded and tried it. Here are my impressions:

1. They fixed the transfer failed error that used to occur if you had been inactive for a while (and had to be resolved by logging in, logging out and then logging in again).
  2. The sine wave road geometry pattern (or simply the bumps) that occured when you placed anchors close to each other is now gone and the road is smooth. Bad for making jump tracks (although it's still possible, only not as extreme as before) but a big improvement when making serpent roads.
Here is a hillclimb track I just made, the corners are super smooth even though they're placed on a rather steep hill.

(Also, there is a modest jump at 2:01, as an example of what kind of jumps that are possible in this version)

Yeah really helped smooth out some of my older tracks that had constant, unintentional jumps.

Also, how did you get that building on the side at the start line? :confused: Looks pretty cool.

However don't think about recreating the Isle of Man TT at 37 miles because the game will crash !!!! believe me I tried :( & it's still crashing at 30 miles so there must be another limitation or something.

However don't think about recreating the Isle of Man TT at 37 miles because the game will crash !!!! believe me I tried :( & it's still crashing at 30 miles so there must be another limitation or something.
Yeah, most likely a hardware limitation :indiff:

"Failed: Inconsistent Certificates"

If you have a lot of CM tracks you like saved on your device, use a different device or back them up.
Then delete the original course maker and install the unlocked version instead.

I think the course maker has gone too far with its smoothing. Watch the first 30 seconds of these videos and you will see what I mean. Just after the double curbing starts, the track falls out from under the car.

After the update the elevation drop is gone. Remember it started just after the double curbing starts.

Back