Course Maker Videos & Tracks by Shirrako

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Hey guys, not too sure how you can download the tracks I create in GT6, but I will be using this feature quite often in my free time to create unique tracks and will gather feedback to improve on my creation every time I create a new track.

Here's a video from my first track!

Let me know how to share and what you would like to see made next, tips are welcome!

I still don't know how to share/download tracks that other People have created who are not on my frinds-list, but here is what I would like to be made:

What I want to do is re-building Monza, but with the old steep-oval-curve embedded and integrated in the layout.
So the drivers would start the normal way as usual, drive the whole actual course until the end of the Start/Finish line, where they would drive the oval back to the initial Start/Finish line.
The picture may illustrate what I mean:

Monza%20mit%20Steilkurve%20zusammengef%C3%BChrt.jpg

There are 2 problems now, where the 1st one can be easily solved, that is
1.) two parts (the 2 Long straights) must not be too close together, but that's okay.
2.) and this is the REAL problem: apparently the roads cannot cross (which I understand, since an intersection on a race track would be stupidity), but I also did not find a way to build some sort of a bridge or underpass (something that also in Suzuka exists as Suzuka is laid out like the form of an 8 ), and in Monza it also really exists, it is the part circled in blue in the picture where the actual track leads underneath the old oval (that underpass is called "Sotto passagio").

Any ideas how to build something like that in the Track Editor?
I started out to build this with "Eifel flat", but maybe another type of terrain would allow this?
I don't know, it's my 1st day with the Track Editor and any help or hint is welcome

There are MANY things that one CANNOT do:
1.) one cannot create crossings/flyovers/underpasses/tunnels... okay, but WHY not?
2.) There seems to be a Limitation of Anchor Points you can set on a track (I started a new track and in the middle of the work I got an error-message telling me that "no more/additional anchor Points can be set)... Frustration perfect
3.) It seems impossible to create REAL NARROW hairpins, even if you reduce the diameter of the curve.
4.) Apparently one can only use a underlying picture to redo a real course layout in the "Eifel Flat"-mode, I didn't find it in the other 3 modes!

That reminds me of the good old times of the infamous "Arnold Palmer Course Designer" with which you could create golf-ourses for a PC-game.
There was a thread in a Forum titled "What Do You Like Most About Arnold Palmer Course Designer?",
where one of the members answered:
"That I don't have to use it!"

And for me now, the same goes for the GT6 Track Path Editor! :banghead:
Sorry... but done with this!

Last edited:
a few thoughts,

1) why? ... think about it ... creating this usable workspace in 2-D took them 2 years, so they had a choice of releasing this version now, or waiting until however long it takes to build a 3-D capability ... i'm wanting more capabilities, but i'm grateful for what we have now

2)when you get to the anchor point cap, scan back over the track you've already made, and you should be able to find and delete a lot of intermediate points that are no longer needed to keep the shape, ie. if you've got a point in a straightish section between two turns, it can probably be deleted without losing your line

3)this is ultimately limited by track width ... your tarmac, plus run-off, then armco barrier ... it cannot allow you to fold it back so tight that it overlaps ... making the track width setting narrow gets you tighter radius, but you lose overtaking possibilities ... a trade-off

4)this makes things a little simplistic, for now ... i would expect this to change, as they integrate elevation change capability

i think it's pretty amazing, and pretty useful, even with all it's limitations
i fully expect development of the course maker through updates, which will address many of them in due time
but, if you're done, you're done ... check back next year to see how things are then

I still don't know how to share/download tracks that other People have created who are not on my frinds-list, but here is what I would like to be made:

What I want to do is re-building Monza, but with the old steep-oval-curve embedded and integrated in the layout.
So the drivers would start the normal way as usual, drive the whole actual course until the end of the Start/Finish line, where they would drive the oval back to the initial Start/Finish line.

1.) two parts (the 2 Long straights) must not be too close together, but that's okay.
2.) and this is the REAL problem: apparently the roads cannot cross (which I understand, since an intersection on a race track would be stupidity), but I also did not find a way to build some sort of a bridge or underpass (something that also in Suzuka exists as Suzuka is laid out like the form of an 8 ), and in Monza it also really exists, it is the part circled in blue in the picture where the actual track leads underneath the old oval (that underpass is called "Sotto passagio").

I started out to build this with "Eifel flat", but maybe another type of terrain would allow this?
I don't know, it's my 1st day with the Track Editor and any help or hint is w

Hey I was thinking to making the same

After creating non-figure-8 versions of Red Rock Valley Speedway and Suzuka, (you can check these in my Home Page – you can find me in the Registry (my workshop is BrunoPro74’s Track Wonderland

I was thinking to do the same with 10km Monza track

So far I had two ideas:

a)To flip the oval down and try to connect everything

b)To avoid crossing and to rewrite to track (something similar like I did with Red Rock Valley Speedway

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do neither, but I’m still trying

It looks that Full Monza is a tough cookie to be modified

I don't know, it's my 1st day with the Track Editor and any help or hint is welcome
Following my idea of flopping the oval over,
maybe you can try something like this

I know it's not the same circuit but it can have the same length and same curves
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hey I was thinking to making the same

After creating non-figure-8 versions of Red Rock Valley Speedway and Suzuka, (you can check these in my Home Page – you can find me in the Registry (my workshop is BrunoPro74’s Track Wonderland

I was thinking to do the same with 10km Monza track

So far I had two ideas:

a)To flip the oval down and try to connect everything

b)To avoid crossing and to rewrite to track (something similar like I did with Red Rock Valley Speedway

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do neither, but I’m still trying

It looks that Full Monza is a tough cookie to be modified

Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one who wanted to do this Monza Full Track-thing!
Even if it would hurt the track and the layout, I also thought to reduce the oval to some sort of "infield", but apparently there is no way to do that without letting the 2 tracks cross somewhere.
I'm still thinking about it, but have Little hope to find a satisfactory solution.
But please send me a note if you find a way!
Thanks very much!

Here is inverted layout as well
image.jpg

Here is inverted layout as well
View attachment 457562

Thank you very much for thinking about my problem!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I have also found a solution (not as elegant as yours, but buildable... see below).
I have built the track, but now the problem is that I cannot upload it since the App has Sign-In problems (and I seem not to be the only one).

Track and Sign-In problem:

After having finished (?) the course, the frustration began, since I cannot upload the course to PSN, the App only says:
"Sign In not possible" (but I am not alone, I just read the comments to the App in the PlayStore, and there are lots of people who have the same problem):

In he App on the tablet I click on the "Transfer" button, then opens the PSN-Sign In Page, I enter my Password and am told that I am signed in and I can go back to continue with my App.
When I continue and return to the App, all I get is this:

tempFileForShare%281%29.jpg

Which simply translated into English is just to say: "Sign In Not Possible".
I can Play this game over and over again, always with the same result (while I have to sign in on the PSN-Site newly every time instead of staying logged in).
Is there no other way to get my course on to my PS3 / PSN ???:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks!

Here is the Picture of how I have "raped" Monza: :crazy:

Monza%20tutto%20nuovo.jpg

Thank you very much for thinking about my problem!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I have also found a solution (not as elegant as yours, but buildable... see below).
I have built the track, but now the problem is that I cannot upload it since the App has Sign-In problems (and I seem not to be the only one).

Track and Sign-In problem:

After having finished (?) the course, the frustration began, since I cannot upload the course to PSN, the App only says:
"Sign In not possible" (but I am not alone, I just read the comments to the App in the PlayStore, and there are lots of people who have the same problem):

In he App on the tablet I click on the "Transfer" button, then opens the PSN-Sign In Page, I enter my Password and am told that I am signed in and I can go back to continue with my App.
When I continue and return to the App, all I get is this:

tempFileForShare%281%29.jpg

Which simply translated into English is just to say: "Sign In Not Possible".
I can Play this game over and over again, always with the same result (while I have to sign in on the PSN-Site newly every time instead of staying logged in).
Is there no other way to get my course on to my PS3 / PSN ???:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks!

Here is the Picture of how I have "raped" Monza: :crazy:

Monza%20tutto%20nuovo.jpg
Nice layout!
Ok so you've created a track already using your layout.
I will create one using my layout
And then we can share each other's track

About your sign-in problem
I also had it and here is how I resolved it
1. open GT game in your Playsatation and go to track editor
Click on Transfer Track: your PS will be awaiting for you to transfer track
2. on your tablet open the TrackEditor app and before loading the track go to settings in the upper right corner
3. on the bottom click on Log-off
4. go back to the main screen and load the saved track
5. in the top right corner press transfer
6. the app will open log-in window: provide your credentials and if you are successfully logged in the track will be transfered
7. back in your PS complete a lap and you will be able to save the track

This procedure worked for me
If it doesn't work at first repeat steps 2-5 (note that PS has to stay on awaiting on the track to be transferred - step 1)

Nice layout!
Ok so you've created a track already using your layout.
I will create one using my layout
And then we can share each other's track

About your sign-in problem
I also had it and here is how I resolved it
1. open GT game in your Playsatation and go to track editor
Click on Transfer Track: your PS will be awaiting for you to transfer track
2. on your tablet open the TrackEditor app and before loading the track go to settings in the upper right corner
3. on the bottom click on Log-off
4. go back to the main screen and load the saved track
5. in the top right corner press transfer
6. the app will open log-in window: provide your credentials and if you are successfully logged in the track will be transfered
7. back in your PS complete a lap and you will be able to save the track

This procedure worked for me
If it doesn't work at first repeat steps 2-5 (note that PS has to stay on awaiting on the track to be transferred - step 1)

Many thanks again!
I am awaiting YOUR Monza track impatiently!!!
You can download MY Monza-Monster here:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/YEma-Nymton/course/1282810/

Meanwhile I have also found the solution to the "Sign-in failed" or "Transfer failed"-Problem.
A friend of mine put me into the right direction, and it is really simple:
you just have to freeze (or uninstall) the PSN-App on your tablet, that's all.
After that, the upload worked like a charm!

May I send you a friend-request on PSN since I would be honoured to have you on my friends-list!

Many thanks,
Cheers,
Tom (aka "Ema-Nymton" )

Many thanks again!

Meanwhile I have also found the solution to the "Sign-in failed" or "Transfer failed"-Problem.

May I send you a friend-request on PSN since I would be honoured to have you on my friends-list!

Many thanks,
Cheers,
Tom (aka "Ema-Nymton" )
You are welcome Tom
I'm glad that your transfer worked
However that link to your track is broken.
Is your PSN name Ema-Nymton?
Since in your link, there is an Y in front of it (YEma-Nymton)
Maybe you have to remove
Yes please send me your friend request my honour as well

Many thanks again!

Many thanks,
Cheers,
Tom (aka "Ema-Nymton" )
Yes it was the Y. I removed it and it worked

I'll try your track tonite and hopefully have mine ready as well

Yes it was the Y. I removed it and it worked

I'll try your track tonite and hopefully have mine ready as well

Sorry for the mistake with the "Y"!
My bad! :banghead:

Friend request was sent.
I quit GT6 for today, I have enough for one day (didn't even have breakfast yet!).
See you on the grid, but for tonight:
buona notte e ciao,
Tom

Sorry for the mistake with the "Y"!
My bad! :banghead:

Friend request was sent.
I quit GT6 for today, I have enough for one day (didn't even have breakfast yet!).
See you on the grid, but for tonight:
buona notte e ciao,
Tom
As I promised I finished my layout of Full 10km Monza Circuit
Here is the where you can find the link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/categories/gt6-track-database.4/

By the way, do you add your courses to this database?
This is a good idea to keep them all on one place.

About your friend request, either I haven't received anything or I don't know where to find it
Please let me know

Many thanks again!

Many thanks,
Cheers,
Tom (aka "Ema-Nymton" )
Hey man I tried your Monza track
It's nice first cut (I had to create three versions until I got mine at least a little bit right) but you probably want to fix few things
- Maybe you can make your track a bit less wavy (you can decrease it by reducing 'bank angle' to the lowest value (super smooth or something like that)
- Also the first turn is a bit overdone
- And some parts require to be straighten up
- Also Full Monza circuit is exactly 10km long (I think that yours is a bit shy of that)

(just my friendly opinion)
Let me know what do you think of mine

Hey man I tried your Monza track
It's nice first cut (I had to create three versions until I got mine at least a little bit right) but you probably want to fix few things
- Maybe you can make your track a bit less wavy (you can decrease it by reducing 'bank angle' to the lowest value (super smooth or something like that)
- Also the first turn is a bit overdone
- And some parts require to be straighten up
- Also Full Monza circuit is exactly 10km long (I think that yours is a bit shy of that)

(just my friendly opinion)
Let me know what do you think of mine

I have sent my Friend-request to "BrunoPro74", hope this is the right PSN-ID!?
Answer is still outstanding...

And I have rebuilt my Monza also, because I wasn't satisfied with it myself, I think it improved a lot now and I learned a lot by re-constructing this track 4x now! :banghead:
I hope you can find it here:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/Ema-Nymton/course/1294415/
The new track is even more "wavy" as I have increased the "bank angle" to the Maximum, hoping that the oval would become a bit more steep (which is not the case), the steepness of curves apparently depends on the number of anchor-Points you set, and in the first curve I have set only 2 anchor Points, one at the start and a second one at the end of the first curve.
by "the first turn is a bit overdone" do you mean the entry-turn into the Finisg-Line or do you mean the first chicane after the Start? I just tried to redo what I have fron the Picture of Google Earth (the first chicane should be even more narrow, but I just couldn't do that (Problem of tight hairpins, you know...).
I have also straightened up some parts, but maybe not enough, for me it's okay now, since building that track 5x in 2 days is enough (for me).
And the track.lenght is now 9999,7 metres, I left 30 cm free...:D
Please let me know what you think of my "final" Version and if you have received my friend-request!?
I will now fire up GT6 once more to see YOUR Monza...
Ciao,
Tom

As I promised I finished my layout of Full 10km Monza Circuit
Here is the where you can find the link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/categories/gt6-track-database.4/

By the way, do you add your courses to this database?
This is a good idea to keep them all on one place.

About your friend request, either I haven't received anything or I don't know where to find it
Please let me know

Now that I have driven 4 laps on your Full Monza, I have to say: I like yours better than mine :bowdown:, but mine is also not too bad, and what I have seen and learned from yours... I can still build a 6th version and make some more improvements.

I have some questions though:

1.) Why did you flip ("mirror") the main course horizontally AND vertically by 180 degrees?
This is a bit confusing when you have the full track-map in the game in the upper left corner... I always had to re-think where on the track I am now! :D Especially at the 2 Lesmo-curves I am always a bit lost...
I think it would be better to do it like this:

Monza%20Full%20Details%20and%20Plan%20Flipped.JPG

2.) Where do these signs come from that appear before some corners (they are like a white square with black arrows pointing in the direction of the curve and maybe are meant as a warning)? I don't think I have them on my track!??

3.) I have so many of these greyed out areas on my track where you cannot place any objects like trees, woods and the like. You seem to have less of those, since you have much more details in some places than I do! And how do you place an "embankment" in front of trees or woods? And how do you avoid those greyed out Areas??? :confused:

4.) and finally: how can I upload and store my tracks in that "GT6 Track Database"? :confused:
Would be good to have them saved there, but I don't know how to do it!

However... many thanks for your great work and great help and last but not least for your patience!
Have a good day,
greetings from Vienna,
Tom.

EDIT: Forget question 4.), I found out myself. :D :cheers:
Thanks.

Last edited:
Now that I have driven 4 laps on your Full Monza, I have to say: I like yours better than mine :bowdown:, but mine is also not too bad, and what I have seen and learned from yours... I can still build a 6th version and make some more improvements.

1.) Why did you flip ("mirror") the main course horizontally AND vertically by 180 degrees?
This is a bit confusing when you have the full track-map in the game in the upper left corner... I always had to re-think where on the track I am now! :D Especially at the 2 Lesmo-curves I am always a bit lost...

2.) Where do these signs come from that appear before some corners (they are like a white square with black arrows pointing in the direction of the curve and maybe are meant as a warning)? I don't think I have them on my track!??

3.) I have so many of these greyed out areas on my track where you cannot place any objects like trees, woods and the like. You seem to have less of those, since you have much more details in some places than I do! And how do you place an "embankment" in front of trees or woods? And how do you avoid those greyed out Areas??? :confused:

4.) and finally: how can I upload and store my tracks in that "GT6 Track Database"? :confused:

However... many thanks for your great work and great help and last but not least for your patience!
Have a good day,
greetings from Vienna,
Tom.

Thanks.
Hi Tom
Thanks for praising my circuit. As I said it took me four attempt to do it and it still isn't the best.
I haven't tried your new version but I will tonight
Here are some answers:
1.) whenever I found any Monza layout on the web it was horizontal with starting line being on the bottom and facing left. That's how I picked up that layout which seams strange to you
For example this one
image.jpg

That's how I started so this one and I got used to it (I guess you are more used to your layout)

2.) I'm not sure which signs you are referring to? Can you post an image?

3.) I opened another thread to ask how those greyed areas are generated and how to avoid them
There were many ideas and so far we understand that they are random. And the Designer puts them around to reserve space for itself (maybe)

4.) For the track database go to that thread and click on New Resource. It will ask you for your track icon (97px x 97px), for your track url (there is an instruction there how to prepare the url)
It will also ask about your tracks length and number of corners
It's also good to prepare some description on your own

Have a good day,
greetings from Vienna,
Tom.

Thanks.
Hi Tom

I see that you added your Monza track to the database. I already downloaded it to my page using my iPhone and I will try it tonite

PS I'm looking to see your Imola track there as well ( as well as the other tracks of yours)

Have a good day,
greetings from Vienna,
Tom.

Thanks.
Hey Tom
I have a huge favour to ask
I created five tracks and one of them which I thought would be a great interest for is Suzuka Twin, which is a version of Suzuka with no figure 8 crossing (similarly like our Monza tracks)
I thought it was a great idea but it looks nobody has downloaded it so far ( I have 10 downloads and it can all be my testing)
Would you be kind and see if you can download it
Here is the link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/suzuka-twin.2154/

Similarly my Ultra Speedway GP which was my try to remake that famous Red Rock Valley Speedway from Gran Turismo 2 hasn't been downloaded a lot (15 time and it could be all my testing)
Here is the link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/ultra-speedway-gp.2206/
Please try and let me kno

Hi Tom
Thanks for praising my circuit. As I said it took me four attempt to do it and it still isn't the best.
I haven't tried your new version but I will tonight
Here are some answers:
1.) whenever I found any Monza layout on the web it was horizontal with starting line being on the bottom and facing left. That's how I picked up that layout which seams strange to you
For example this one
View attachment 458822
That's how I started so this one and I got used to it (I guess you are more used to your layout)

2.) I'm not sure which signs you are referring to? Can you post an image?

3.) I opened another thread to ask how those greyed areas are generated and how to avoid them
There were many ideas and so far we understand that they are random. And the Designer puts them around to reserve space for itself (maybe)

4.) For the track database go to that thread and click on New Resource. It will ask you for your track icon (97px x 97px), for your track url (there is an instruction there how to prepare the url)
It will also ask about your tracks length and number of corners
It's also good to prepare some description on your own

Hey Tom
I have a huge favour to ask
I created five tracks and one of them which I thought would be a great interest for is Suzuka Twin, which is a version of Suzuka with no figure 8 crossing (similarly like our Monza tracks)
I thought it was a great idea but it looks nobody has downloaded it so far ( I have 10 downloads and it can all be my testing)
Would you be kind and see if you can download it
Here is the link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/suzuka-twin.2154/

Similarly my Ultra Speedway GP which was my try to remake that famous Red Rock Valley Speedway from Gran Turismo 2 hasn't been downloaded a lot (15 time and it could be all my testing)
Here is the link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/ultra-speedway-gp.2206/
Please try and let me kno

Last things first: I'm sorry, but I cannot download either of the 2 courses from the links you quoted! :banghead:
I get some sort of error message which doesn't really tell much.
It may be a user-error or it may be a PSN-Problem (one of those where you just have to wait long enough until it will be resolved automagically!?

As far as the signs are concerned, I mean those here (there are curves where there are more of them, but you can see what I mean.
There is also a wall that I do not have anywhere on my track.
See the Picture here:

2015-10-07%2016.50.33.jpg

And then again Monza:
I think we are both doing it wrong!!!
I usually do it like this:
1.) I take a picture from either Google Maps or Google Earth (which one is better), just like this:

Autodromo%20Nazionale%20di%20Monza%20aerial.jpg

This Picture has a "True North", so the real start goes slightly East by NorthEast, but in the Picture North is North.
This item could be of some importance when you race the track close after sunrise or close to sundown, since then the sun would rise and go down in a wrong place!!! (and yes... I agree: I'm a perfectionist! :D ).

2.) With an Image Editing Software I then draw a line around the course I want to make a map from as accurately as ever posible, just like this:

Monza%20mit%20Steilkurve%20zusammengef%C3%BChrt%20Satellit.JPG

This is btw the original idea of the layout I wanted, but if tracks cannot cross... :banghead:

3.) When I have finished drawing the red line, it is an "object" in the picture.
4.) I then copy that "object" into a new blank white picture, change the size so the longest side is no longer than 2048 pixels (just another stupid limitation in the GT6-TPE!) and voila, my track-template is ready to use in GT6 Track Path Editor!
5.) You are done with the picture work and can start building your track.

BTW: this is the same method I used to build a golf course for a Golf-PC Game (my real home golf course) using a software that was called "Arnold Palmer Course Designer" with which you could design golf courses to your liking.
It is a much more powerful Editor, so maybe PD should sit together with the developers of that Software in order to learn how to program a course-Editor properly!

Last things first: I'm sorry, but I cannot download either of the 2 courses from the links you quoted! :banghead:
I get some sort of error message which doesn't really tell much.
It may be a user-error or it may be a PSN-Problem (one of those where you just have to wait long enough until it will be resolved automagically!?

As far as the signs are concerned, I mean those here (there are curves where there are more of them, but you can see what I mean.
There is also a wall that I do not have anywhere on my track.
See the Picture here:

2015-10-07%2016.50.33.jpg

And then again Monza:
I think we are both doing it wrong!!!
I usually do it like this:
1.) I take a picture from either Google Maps or Google Earth (which one is better), just like this:

Autodromo%20Nazionale%20di%20Monza%20aerial.jpg

This Picture has a "True North", so the real start goes slightly East by NorthEast, but in the Picture North is North.
This item could be of some importance when you race the track close after sunrise or close to sundown, since then the sun would rise and go down in a wrong place!!! (and yes... I agree: I'm a perfectionist! :D ).

2.) With an Image Editing Software I then draw a line around the course I want to make a map from as accurately as ever posible, just like this:

Monza%20mit%20Steilkurve%20zusammengef%C3%BChrt%20Satellit.JPG

This is btw the original idea of the layout I wanted, but if tracks cannot cross... :banghead:

3.) When I have finished drawing the red line, it is an "object" in the picture.
4.) I then copy that "object" into a new blank white picture, change the size so the longest side is no longer than 2048 pixels (just another stupid limitation in the GT6-TPE!) and voila, my track-template is ready to use in GT6 Track Path Editor!
5.) You are done with the picture work and can start building your track.

BTW: this is the same method I used to build a golf course for a Golf-PC Game (my real home golf course) using a software that was called "Arnold Palmer Course Designer" with which you could design golf courses to your liking.
It is a much more powerful Editor, so maybe PD should sit together with the developers of that Software in order to learn how to program a course-Editor properly!
Thanks for testing
I'll check those two links and fix them
Those signs:
- the wall is just something this designer puts there
- the signs with arrows <<< left curve approaching and >>> right curve approaching
- for the Monza layout it's probably the best if we check present layout of GP circuit in GT6

On the end one big thanks to that editing software. I have to try it

GT6 have placed it "somehow", I don't think it is correct.

2015-10-08%2002.44.59.jpg

But the satellite view does not lie!
Hi Tom
In a way it makes sense to make orientation of the circuit as per geographical layout. It's just a bit unusual though. I think I will stick out with this layout since I go used to it

By the way I tried driving your older version and I was ready to go to tracks database to give you some raising. And then you came with this bew orientation. I know that if you change the orientation of the track you have to do whole track all over. Well I'll test drive this one as well and I'll let you know

Hi Tom
In a way it makes sense to make orientation of the circuit as per geographical layout. It's just a bit unusual though. I think I will stick out with this layout since I go used to it

By the way I tried driving your older version and I was ready to go to tracks database to give you some raising. And then you came with this bew orientation. I know that if you change the orientation of the track you have to do whole track all over. Well I'll test drive this one as well and I'll let you know

Hi Bruno,
I have redone it AGAIN (not the geographical layout), but my first version(s) looked a bit "naked" as they did have so many and large greyed-out areas where you cannot plant any objects.
But today I learned a trick:
as we (all) know, when constructing tight curves (hairpins/chicanes) it is useful to reduce the radius of the curve to make it narrower/tighter. BUT: this has the side-effect, that it produces those greyed out areas, so you have a narrow curve, but cannot plant anything.
The trick is now: when you are ready with your layout, you can go back and make the radii of the tight curves bigger again (in some cases - when the curve is VERY narrow . this is not possible, but in most cases it works).
The funny thing is now, that after you have enlarged the radii of the curves again, the greyed-out area disappears and you can plant much more objects than before!

You can find the latest version here:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/at/gt6/user/#!/friend/Ema-Nymton/course/1316314/
or here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/monza-oval-correctly-laid-planted.2397/

Keep me updated how you liked it (and maybe my Friend-Request has come through also in the meantime?)!
Cheers,
Tom

It's an interesting theory about getting shaded areas after you reduce curves radii. And it also makes sense since the editor doesn't have space for scenery in such reduced areas

Some time ago I opened a new thread on this. I think your finding will be valuable for the community. Here is the link: please copy your above post and paste it there. I could have done it for you but I didn't want anyone thinkink that I'm taking credit for what you've found
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ark-shaded-non-editable.335810/#post-11015313

It's an interesting theory about getting shaded areas after you reduce curves radii. And it also makes sense since the editor doesn't have space for scenery in such reduced areas

Some time ago I opened a new thread on this. I think your finding will be valuable for the community. Here is the link: please copy your above post and paste it there. I could have done it for you but I didn't want anyone thinkink that I'm taking credit for what you've found
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ark-shaded-non-editable.335810/#post-11015313

Done.
But in principle that was already answered in that same thread, see:

Back