Course maker

• Thread starter jezboosted
  • 27 comments
Sucks that the app doesn't work on my cellphone which is almost like a tablet. I have a nexus 6 which has a 6 inch display. I no longer have a tablet as I gave it away. Well another week or so and I'll finally be able to play Rock Band 4, sorry GT6 you will be put in the back burner for some time. So many good games coming out for ps4 which is about time!

Last edited:
I finally found a tablet that works. Still not released on Droid. Yet it has 1 download and a rating of 4.5 with 28 votes.
Only person that has it is probably Kaz... :indiff:

I finally found a tablet that works. Still not released on Droid. Yet it has 1 download and a rating of 4.5 with 28 votes.
Only person that has it is probably Kaz... :indiff:

K
A
Z

I
S

G
R
E
E
D
Y

Yeah it sucks I can't use my HTC M9, not sure I'll be buying a tablet if its a necessity. I'll be putting GT6 on the back burner, too, Forza 6 is giving me too much fun.

I'm happy and excited for a drag strip Jez, show us what it can do. I'm excited for all those people that were waiting and losing hope in PD delivering on their promise that Course maker finally arrived.

Last edited:
I just slapped together a basic test track. I had to use 2 bridges and set the time of day to 12pm to cast shadows for a line.
The each map square is 200m so figuring out a 1/4mi. is not to hard. I don't believe there is a way to actually paint lines for lanes and start/finish.
I'm off to test some more and I'll update y'all later.
Lets see who can do the best.

I just slapped together a basic test track. I had to use 2 bridges and set the time of day to 12pm to cast shadows for a line.
The each map square is 200m so figuring out a 1/4mi. is not to hard. I don't believe there is a way to actually paint lines for lanes and start/finish.
Set up Grandstands or a tent or something to mark the line. 👍

What items are placeables? Can you place cones on the track or a yellow strip?

I've made my first track as a test track so I can understand what the different objects do.
I used the same object as a start and finish, and then repeated with the next object.
400mtrs is the distance between the same objects.
I can't test it yet till the weekend but its fun to already be having a play around.

track1.JPG track2.JPG

I've made my first track as a test track so I can understand what the different objects do.
I used the same object as a start and finish, and then repeated with the next object.
400mtrs is the distance between the same objects.
I can't test it yet till the weekend but its fun to already be having a play around.

View attachment 454826 View attachment 454827

I'm trying to download and install Andy. If that goes well I'll be able to download the GT6 track path editor companion app for android to my laptop.

Yeah Andy works for a while and then just stops working. I can zoom in and out with Andy by dragging the map left right or up down with the left mouse button. But everything else doesn't respond when I click an icon, the anchor keeps flashing but that's it. I'm pretty sure to run virtual machines / OS you need a pc with lots of ram at least 8GB min. It might just be my laptop doesn't have enough ram to run virtual machines. shame. It only has 4GB ram my laptop. I'm sure thats the real issue.

I found I can't zoom in or out
When you change from layout mode to adding objects, you notice it zooms in. Then when you go back to layout mode it stays zoomed in. If you want to zoom out, save your project and close it. Then re-open it. Bit of a hassle but its the only way to zoom in and out.

Yeah Andy works for a while and then just stops working. I can zoom in and out with Andy by dragging the map left right or up down with the left mouse button. But everything else doesn't respond when I click an icon, the anchor keeps flashing but that's it. I'm pretty sure to run virtual machines / OS you need a pc with lots of ram at least 8GB min. It might just be my laptop doesn't have enough ram to run virtual machines. shame. It only has 4GB ram my laptop. I'm sure thats the real issue.

Min specs for Andy:
  • Dual core AMD or Intel CPU with Virutalization support
  • 3Gb of RAM; Andy uses less than 1Gb while running apps
  • At least 10Gb of free disk space
  • GPU with OpenGL 2.1 support
  • Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8.1 / Ubuntu 14.04+ / OSX 10.8+

For drag strips, would it be possible to make the first split be at exactly 1/4 mile? That would make it easy to determine your result.

A virtual machine shouldn't need a lot more RAM than the OS in it needs. 2 GB is common for many smart devices, but you don't need as much if you just intend to run one app.

If you want official measurements for width, then 9.2 meters is what ou want to set for the drag strip. Can't remember the site where I got it from but I'm sure it's right.

@jezboosted
Jez did you manage to make a two way run way?

For drag strips, would it be possible to make the first split be at exactly 1/4 mile? That would make it easy to determine your result.

A virtual machine shouldn't need a lot more RAM than the OS in it needs. 2 GB is common for many smart devices, but you don't need as much if you just intend to run one app.

Split times are placed on anchor points, so if you place an anchor at 1/4 mile it might be possible. I made a 1 mile drag strip with anchors at every 1/4 mile, and my split time ended up at the 1/2 mile mark.

If that's the case us Drag Racers still can't get a 1/4mi... With no way to place lines, And not being able to at least make it so the timing is for a 1/4, I don't see any chance...

only trees, bushes, grand stands, timing frames and Stuarts platforms and ripple strips

Thanks man. Even with those placeables it doesn't look like we can mark out a drag strip properly.

Bluestacks was a piece of cake so if you have any trouble with Andy, give it a go.

I have no idea why Andy stopped working for me a couple of times, ha - talk about handy Andy. Looks like I might have to use Bluestack instead.

So, I've made a drag track that has 1/4mile, 1/2 mile and full mile markers. It is a loop track that on the return side contains the same layout of 1/4, 1/2 and full mile markers. Nice and flat, traction feels the same as indy and it can allow two types of races to be held at once if necessary.

Track is here

drags.JPG

Let me know some feedback if you can !

Edit:
I've just made another track that allows the 1/4, 1/2, full mile and roll races to be held independently at different areas of the track.

The First straight has markers for the quarter mile. 180 turn right to the next straight which has the 1/2 mile marked out. 180 turn left to the full mile run and the 180 turn left for a rolling race before coming back around to the main straight.

Track is here

dragtrack.JPG

Last edited:
Back