Courteous Drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Big Daddy
  • 34 comments
  • 3,095 views
Messages
43
Messages
GTP_BigDaddy
Iv'e been racing online since GT5 Prolog and I have raced against 1000s of drivers, some good, some not so good. I always use a mic to communicate with the other drivers and I have found that some can be real jerks. As I say that there are those drivers out there that are not only very fast, but very courteous, and it is to those drivers I begin this thread. I will begin with three drivers that I have found to be not only very fast but also very courteous:

Wodan
USS_Anchor
ConquerinLion

If any of you have come across drivers that deserve mention please post.
 
Fast guys are courteous because they know they will get by when the time comes. The jerks are like they are because knocking you off the track is the only way they can get by.

One of the quickest and absolutly the most courteous guy I have come across is serra12. He's fast, he's courteous and uses a mike to let you know his intentions.
 
Fast guys are courteous because they know they will get by when the time comes. The jerks are like they are because knocking you off the track is the only way they can get by.
.

100% agreed.
Have a look at some of the online racing events on these forums. These almost as a rule feature courteous drivers, simply because noobs are kicked out.
 
100% agreed.
Have a look at some of the online racing events on these forums. These almost as a rule feature courteous drivers, simply because noobs are kicked out.

If by "noobs" you mean newbies (because that's the meaning) - people NEW to the game...
I think it's highly unfair to suggest that just because someone's new to the game, they're automatically likely to be discourteous & rude, and should be kicked for the simple crime of being new to the game.
I don't think that's true.
I think most people treated with courtesy are more likely to be courteous, no matter how short or long a time they've been playing.
And that some people are going to be rude, cutthroat, & sneaky no matter how short or long they've been playing, because that's just their personality generally. Some people are just like that, period. And nothing's going to change that mentality, no matter how long a time they're playing gt5.
 
And that some people are going to be rude, cutthroat, & sneaky no matter how short or long they've been playing, because that's just their personality generally. Some people are just like that, period. And nothing's going to change that mentality, no matter how long a time they're playing gt5.
Ohhhh yeahhhhh. I don't know why I said it like that, but you're right. Some people just don't know how to behave in a good manner towards others and it's sad to see. They feel like they're above others.
 
Im always courteous especially during long races in nascar as a spin can put you a lap down and giving them a pre warning of your about to pass them is good but some just then aggressively block you but over taking rules help in events like nascar e.g if your about to be over taken move to the outside
 
If by "noobs" you mean newbies (because that's the meaning) - people NEW to the game...
I think it's highly unfair to suggest that just because someone's new to the game, they're automatically likely to be discourteous & rude, and should be kicked for the simple crime of being new to the game.
I don't think that's true.
I think most people treated with courtesy are more likely to be courteous, no matter how short or long a time they've been playing.
And that some people are going to be rude, cutthroat, & sneaky no matter how short or long they've been playing, because that's just their personality generally. Some people are just like that, period. And nothing's going to change that mentality, no matter how long a time they're playing gt5.


By noobs I mean the ones of the 'Door Knob' variety:sly:, not people new to the game. People new to racing games generally aren't fast enough to be discourteos (lack of practice/experience) as they can't keep up with other drivers long enough to ram them.
 
Most courteous and talented drivers are found at low pp rooms. I enjoy reading rammer stories here, veyron and x1s maniacs I've fortunately never met. In fact, I usually add one or two new pals daily as a result of joining the right rooms.
 
Most courteous and talented drivers are found at low pp rooms. I enjoy reading rammer stories here, veyron and x1s maniacs I've fortunately never met. In fact, I usually add one or two new pals daily as a result of joining the right rooms.

i must tap into your psychic room joining powers then for the sake of my oldest SLS, it ALWAYS gets punted by noobs in X1s and FGTs ON PURPOSE.. even my drag race prepped Enzo was attacked last week by an X1
 
Putting your Map display on - Fix to car
and zoom 3 i think?

Makes it so much easier to see if your opponents are ducking down the inside or outside and you can therefore corner accordingly, when i discovered that map setting it instantly made it so much easier to know what the other drivers were up to...
 
ConRollins
Fast guys are courteous because they know they will get by when the time comes. The jerks are like they are because knocking you off the track is the only way they can get by.

I agree 95%, sometimes you need to be aggressive, like when someone is intentionally blocking you, and sometimes if you are evenly matched it's cool to be a little aggressive but not too much, just to keep a race exciting and on the edge, but for the most part you are exactly right.

My biggest problem is i treat gt5 too much like a video game and less like a sim or even a real track. Which i'm slowly working on.
 
Fast guys are courteous because they know they will get by when the time comes. The jerks are like they are because knocking you off the track is the only way they can get by.

You are absolutely correct about the fastest guys being the most courteous. I always find the people that aren't fast enough, are always looking for a "dirty" way to get by. The one's that have skills can make the pass in a legitimate way without risking both players races.

I would say there are many clean fast racers.. Here are a few toward the top:

Wardez
GTP_TimeAttack
R1600Turbo
 
Anytime you've got two drivers competing for the same piece of real estate, there are bound to be collisions.

It's how you deal with it that determines who you are.

I don't remember the screen name, as it was years ago, but a guy in Japan was kind enough to give me a quick tour of Fuji in a F430 way back in Prologue. I was clearly outmatched, but he was patient, waited for me to catch up, and guided me through those laps faster and faster while remaining calm and patient as I flew off the track (Professional event, normal tires, no grip!) countless times.

Within three races, we were only tenths apart. And this went on for hours. Clean lap after clean lap.

I learned more in that one night than in the entire GT series before.

Mad props to all of you courteous drivers out there, and respectful users as well. Mad props to all of my GTP PSN friends that I B-spec for.
 
I ran into another clean, courteous driver last night - he is 63 years old and very fast.

GOLD-WING-90, formally Bikerman
 
I myself am trying to get a better driver myself, by trying to not bump into anyone offline. I think its wrong to do that online, cause you piss real people off when you hit them, and offline only cars on rails
 
i try to pass as cleanly as i can, and have given up many passing opertunitys because it just didnt seam like a good place to try and pass. So if any of you want another clean driver on youre friends list feel free to add me.
nothing better than a good close clean race.

P.S. hey bigdaddy i remeber racing you in prolouge good fun!
 
Totally agree with the posts on here, this is a good thread. I try to say as clean as possible unless the other person is purposely blocking and being aggressive, i will give them a slight tap to let them know I'm right there.:)
 
i try to pass as cleanly as i can, and have given up many passing opertunitys because it just didnt seam like a good place to try and pass. So if any of you want another clean driver on youre friends list feel free to add me.
nothing better than a good close clean race.

P.S. hey bigdaddy i remeber racing you in prolouge good fun!

Hi Zodicus - I use to hang out at Suzuka during the Prolog days, now it's all Nascar. You can always find full Nascar rooms - not sure why Suzuka is no longer popular. Maybe I will host a Nascar race at Suzuka.
 
now that would be fun :)
 
Iv'e been racing online since GT5 Prolog and I have raced against 1000s of drivers, some good, some not so good. I always use a mic to communicate with the other drivers and I have found that some can be real jerks. As I say that there are those drivers out there that are not only very fast, but very courteous, and it is to those drivers I begin this thread. I will begin with three drivers that I have found to be not only very fast but also very courteous:

Wodan
USS_Anchor
ConquerinLion

If any of you have come across drivers that deserve mention please post.


Just wondering if there is a way to turn the mic volume down or off? I don`t have a mic and i`ve just recently been able to finally get online with GT5,and there is nothing worse than listening to two 17yr olds argue about skylines and their engines at a volume so loud for lap after lap,that it drowns out the games volume and i can`t hear what my car is doing :ouch: I`ve looked in GT5`s and the PS3`s menus but can`t find anywhere to turn it down or off.
 
I'd like to consider myself a clean and courteous driver. I've often had really close races, e.g. NASCAR races, and if I accidentally spin someone out, I'll not hesitate to let them pass me ASAP - even though it means I'll lose several positions. That's just basic online racing ethics, I think.

Feel free to add me: dansemaskine
I'll be a rather sucky driver for the upcoming weeks, just finished my bachelor paper(I'm at the printing room at the university, writing this very post.) - AND! I'll get my DFGT tomorrow, so I'll have to get used to that as well. So feel free to add me.

And to OP: Good thread, that's the GTP spirit to me!
 
Just wondering if there is a way to turn the mic volume down or off? I don`t have a mic and i`ve just recently been able to finally get online with GT5,and there is nothing worse than listening to two 17yr olds argue about skylines and their engines at a volume so loud for lap after lap,that it drowns out the games volume and i can`t hear what my car is doing :ouch: I`ve looked in GT5`s and the PS3`s menus but can`t find anywhere to turn it down or off.

With my setup I am able to turn down all the voices. The game allows you to mute any driver prior to the actual race.
 
As a 'NOOB' myself only had a few online races but not a noob to the GT series I found I was left way behind so was not a threat to any one for my lack of ability. So i would suggest that a driver that is not clean is just that and not just a noob with no sense of race etiquette.
 
The fastest drivers also have won so many races that it's become ordinary so they'd rather enhance their reputation by driving totally clean.

People who pass by bumping, leaning or ramming are very desperate.
 
When I race with other people who know how to race (And don't try to ram you, etc) civilly, If I'm down in a race (ie; random Le Mans rooms) I let the people pass me if I'm being lapped and whatnot.
 
With my setup I am able to turn down all the voices. The game allows you to mute any driver prior to the actual race.

What is your setup? I think i found the way to mute others is by pressing "triangle" at the pre race screen,i found this in another thread. Is that what your talking about?
 
I have volume controls on my headset -- one for the game volume and another for online voice. If you want to mute one or more drivers specifically click on his/her name on the drivers list prior to the race. When you click the name a dropdown menu will come up and you can then select mute to eliminate the selected driver/s. I do it all the time especially to those with barking dogs and crying babies. And then there are those with the wife who is pissed off because you been playing GT5 all day when you should have been out mowing the lawn.
 
I like clean, fun and tight races. I hate races when it's too easy. I like clean tight races. Add me if you like clean, tight and fun races. Also, It's about the fun, its not all about winning so if you care more about fun, feel free to add me! My friends list is getting full so if u can't add me because I've got too much friends then just tell me.
 
Back