CRAP a'Corsa ClubPS4 

New time
image.jpeg

Here's a post from 2011 in one of our old threads

CRAP: Casual Racing Affiliates Program

15545597189_220e9d5f0a_o.jpg

How to join

You can either search for the "CRAP Racing" club in game in the GT6 community club search section and click join or click on the link below from your web browser. You'll then need to log in to GT6's website using your psn details and join from there. The club will be stored as one of your ingame clubs.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1000344/

That will take you to the GT6 club page. You can view and join our ongoing events. At event times we normally do the actual racing in the main club lobby which is often open to the public.

15731419105_cf3df48b3b_o.jpg

Decisions, decisions....

We also have our own private forum which you can join if you like. You'll just need an email address. That's at crap.boards.net

by @Lissa and edited by @JohnScoonsBeard

A Little Bit Of History

C.R.A.P was started in 2011 by @Heathenpride under the name CORE, as a result of his frustration at the treatment he often received in public lobbies, just because he was a 'noob' and at the time used driving aids. He wanted a group where people wouldn't be judged for being a new driver; where people would treat each other with respect, help each other out, and just generally have a good time.

The name CORE (Casual Online Racing Enthusiasts) was abandoned as it was in use. We voted (on a new name) and chose CRAP: Casual Racing Affiliates Program.

15545952978_4e9abc7da6_o.jpg

In October 2011 CRAP was born and we have over 120 members from across the globe, our own website and a dedicated team of staff to help it run smoothly.

8549811450_d6e8c0ee34_b.jpg

Lissa: "I personally joined C.R.A.P back in February 2012 as a terrible driver, new to GT5 and driving games altogether, using all the aids, and really struggling to improve. Thanks to the help and patience of my fellow CRAP-pers I now use only ABS on 1 (sometimes even that is turned off) and am loving every minute I spend behind the wheel. I like the fact that all the members have respect for each other, try their utmost to drive cleanly, and we have some fantastic banter. It isn't all just serious racing either, there are sometimes other shenanigans going on too, one example is the time we raced tank cars at Monaco which was great fun!"

Lissa "Another excellent part of CRAP is that it is girl friendly! I even got my daughter to join and she loves it when she is able to get online, it really is a great group for anyone but if there are any female racers looking for a good respectful group then this is the one."

7132044965_5e1742682e_b.jpg

So Is C.R.A.P. For You?

Whether you are accomplished driver looking for some fun races with no pressure to have to take part each week, or a new driver looking to improve then C.R.A.P. may be the answer you are looking for. We run multiple varied events and have a worldwide membership. You can often find someone in your time zone to race with.

14142795797_5802732c31_o.jpg

Most of the time members are free to use most of the driving aids in our lounges (not SRF). Many learn to drive without. Sometimes we will run events without any aids. For example from time to time we run endurance races where aids are more limited or turned off entirely. However, everything is still designed to be friendly to all levels of driver even if we do turn abs off sometimes. CRAP encourages competitive, fair, close racing with regular varied events.

8548711343_f4fbd583eb_b.jpg

So How Do I Join?

If missed it earlier and you think CRAP offers something you'd like to be a part of, just show your interest in this thread or follow the instructions below. We will be in touch! But be warned, you may find C.R.A.P takes over your life! (Do I sound like a stalker there? :scared:)

See you on track soon I hope :)

8548713701_5d09d76f70_o.jpg

CRAP GT6 CLUB INFO

CRAP Racing (includes date for next event in name)@JohnScoonsBeard (PSN: JohnSchoonsBeard)

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1000344/

CRAP: Casual Racing - occasional use for testing and endurance racing@Heathenpride (PSN: HeathenPride)

Events have been set up on the the GT6 CRAP Racing group. The links should take you through to each event for full details of regulations. Most racing actually takes place in the main club lobby.

But @SpaceBreed and @knukken just think how close the racing will be in these cars, you're only 1 second off the ultimate pace, i can't wait for the private lobbies, and time to race you all, as well as the regulars from the Pcars days!! :)

I suppose, but 1 sec for every lap mean a huge gap in the long run, time to master the consistency art :D

I suppose, but 1 sec for every lap mean a huge gap in the long run, time to master the consistency art :D

I dont think it will be like that in a race though, to get them sort of lap times takes a few days of practise, it doesnt matter if you make a mistake as you can just reset. In a race however, you need to be cautious and consistent, you don't want to be super quick on lap one and in the wall the next. Think it will be the same for everyone :)

Well done everyone, a great close contest again, and yes a great car, racing will be close in that! Here's the results:

@HammyMansell 49:990

@Moloko 50:011

@gt_adam_us 50:070

@hobbsy 50:568

@Markeeez18 50:605

@nosoks 50:870

@Georgeagea 50:890

@knukken @51:224

@SpaceBreed 51:325

Another really close TT there everyone, well done!! And that Hamster is back on top, just!! ;)

The next TT will be confirmed later, keep your eyes open for it guys!! :D

I dont think it will be like that in a race though, to get them sort of lap times takes a few days of practise, it doesnt matter if you make a mistake as you can just reset. In a race however, you need to be cautious and consistent, you don't want to be super quick on lap one and in the wall the next. Think it will be the same for everyone :)

I agree, and as such my cautious vs @HammyMansell will remain the same, if you get what i mean, had to use you @HammyMansell as an example coz you my hero :D

Hey Guys, so after putting some shifts in and learning the game, I am now ready to compete with the big boys,

I have a feeling, a deep powerful feeling, that I will be last in this TT :cheers::lol:I don't know neither the car nor the circuit :gtpflag:

Don't worry @Georgeagea you now have a back marker to compete against, not sure how my times stack up against you boys but will have a wee go in next few days, from memory when I last raced in a group with Knukken he was a sec or 2 in front of me so I may take your place at the back, as long as I am within touching distance of the car in front it gives me something to aim for so it's all good, is it just me or is the damage pretty poor within the game, i don't mean the visuals and how it affects components etc, but rather the contact between cars, it seems like if you just touch someone they go flying as if an artic lorry just rear ended them at 100 mph, some collisions are just not life like, makes me very wary, even more wary I should say when near anyone.

Had a quick few laps!!

Did a video, first lap a wild one, the second more "controlled" and tried to keep it smooth.....No TC of course!! :D

17156279_10212439073353146_8361986213512562496_n.jpg

1:52:494

I think 51s will be the pace, maybe a 50s.....Great fun, this car makes me :D !!! All with the shifter!!

Last edited:
Back