CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

1:52.137

FB_IMG_1539337489717.jpg

I'll check it tomorow, but I thsts how it is in that car
i don't know how to calculate FOV
Very easy mate.
The FOV is the angle formed from your nose (or mid-eyes) to the 2 edges of the screen:
HorizontalFOV = 2*Arctan[(Width/2)/distance] (for games like project cars 2)
VerticalFOV = 2*Arctan[(Height/2)/distance] (for games like Assetto corsa)
Check attached image for more info.

Attachments

• FOV.JPG
    FOV.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 12
Very easy mate.
The FOV is the angle formed from your nose (or mid-eyes) to the 2 edges of the screen:
HorizontalFOV = 2*Arctan[(Width/2)/distance] (for games like project cars 2)
VerticalFOV = 2*Arctan[(Height/2)/distance] (for games like Assetto corsa)
Check attached image for more info.

No. That's not it. Here's the simple equation needed to calculate real FOV...

15393514416702268851414253289151.jpg

:P

Georgeagea, using your method I got the concentrated view...

This is nice, if I were playing racing sims in the 1940's. You got to get with the times, my friend. Here's the new fangled way we do FOV now. Applying my easy equation you will end up seeing your racing sims from another dimention…

31394702818_8bdf58fa98_o.png

But that's not all, You would also experience interdimensional travel, all at the press of an accelerator pedal/trigger...

31394702548_184280b6a7_o.png

Look at all that purple on the progress bar. Even Lewis Hamilton ain't never seen that much Purple in all of his racing career! I tell you. This is how it's done!

[Note: Any and all references to professional race drivers or instructions contained in this post are nullified due to this post being a joke. Any references taken seriously, or attempts to follow the advise contained in this post are to be done at your own peril.]

Last edited:
@Dopplegagger hahaha now seriously this is the correct FOV for your setup! Even if it's a bit narrow! I have always used it since it gives you a real 1 to 1 replica of what you would see in reality if your TV was a window to the real world.
The bigger the window (TV) is, the more you will see. The closer the window (TV) is to you, the more you will see.

@Dopplegagger hahaha now seriously this is the correct FOV for your setup! Even if it's a bit narrow! I have always used it since it gives you a real 1 to 1 replica of what you would see in reality if your TV was a window to the real world.
The bigger the window (TV) is, the more you will see. The closer the window (TV) is to you, the more you will see.

Kidding aside, the top pic is the FOV I use. I sit about 27"-30" away from a 27" monitor, so I am nearly 1:1 with a FOV of 27. It's tight but it is accurate. My eyes are a little below the center of the screen. So if I were to align the onscreen hands with my wheel, I'd have to tilt the view up about 3º. I normally do that, but the reason I didn't do that in this car is, I've actually sat in a Cobra (It's a PITA for a fat 5' 11" dude to get into. Out is even worse) and, I remember seeing a lot of the hood of the car. It's one of those cars you "put on" rather than get into.

:edit:

I also used Project Immersion's FOV calculator to find my FOV... http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

I don't know if it would work for the Console version of AC, but seeing that the FOV settings are largely the same, and I doubt Kunos and 505 games would change the Vertical Fov scaling, it wouldn't hurt to try and use it. It looks like large screens and distances are covered... Somewhat.

:edit2:

50" is as far back as one could sit in the calculator, and the screen size stops at 100" (I'm an American. We still use the Imperial Scale.), so if you sit further back than 4' 2" (which is possible) then Georegeagea's method would be the way to go.

Last edited:
I'm having another go today.
The pedal pot open and clean lasted almost a month before the problem resurfaced. I've now swapped the pot with the basically unused one from the clutch on my G27 :)

edit: I will now have more power which this beast is so short of haha

Last edited:
1:52? I don't know how the hell you are getting that time. I'm not going to submit anything. This car is too frustrating!

My Best was a 2:00.175 and that was doing everything I could just to keep the car on track.

I think I figured out what's going on. That part where you wrote that you can adjust the tire Compound... You guys might be able to do that, but I can't. I'm restricted to the Vintage tires. And turning a lap on those things is scary, to say the least.

DNF, for me.

Last edited:
1:52? I don't know how the hell you are getting that time. I'm not going to submit anything. This car is too frustrating!

My Best was a 2:00.175 and that was doing everything I could just to keep the car on track.

I think I figured out what's going on. That part where you wrote that you can adjust the tire Compound... You guys might be able to do that, but I can't. I'm restricted to the Vintage tires. And turning a lap on those things is scary, to say the least.

DNF, for me.

Yeah man, no tyre change possible with this oldie! Have another go, use the gears with short shifts in the slow corners when accelerating to keep the car steady, and brake gently too......Give it another go and set a time, you know you want to! ;)

37" or 96cm from my nose to my 40 TV.............. now what :D
A regular 16:9 TV of 40" has a width of 34.86" and a height of 19.61".
Sitting at 37" away, you will have a 50deg horizontal FOV (PC2) and a 30deg vertical FOV (AC).

That's a bit on the low side if you ask me; you need to get much closer to the TV to enjoy it more. Otherwise get a bigger TV ;P

A regular 16:9 TV of 40" has a width of 34.86" and a height of 19.61".
Sitting at 37" away, you will have a 50deg horizontal FOV (PC2) and a 30deg vertical FOV (AC).

That's a bit on the low side if you ask me; you need to get much closer to the TV to enjoy it more. Otherwise get a bigger TV ;P

With all this talk of inches, for me it's not how big it is, It's what you do with it that counts...... 💡 :dopey:

Back