crappy cars, high speeds

  • Thread starter Thread starter opendriver
  • 41 comments
  • 3,006 views
Think of the weight to power ratio, though. That Ginetta is light as a feather (570kg or so).

Same reason a real Lotus Elise can reach 60mph in 4.9 seconds with only 190hp (besides decreasing those gear ratios). True, the Elise only tops out at 150mph, but it has less horsepower and more weight (900kg+) than the Ginetta in question.

I could see 240mph for his Ginetta with NOS. If I can get a Hyundai up to 234mph then anything is possible ;)
 
Fiat Panda. I actually can't remember the HP, but it recorded 174mph at the high speed test, and an unofficial (i.e. that's what the speedo said) 176mph around Le Mans. :D
 
One day, I pushed a Caterham Seven Fireblade fully tuned with NOS to 193 mph, I think it had over 220 hp.
 
Here are some spec's on my Ginetta G4.

HP 231(331 with 100 shot of NOS)
Ft.lb 213
KG 413

If i could get more room, i could go faster.
 
colton19911
One day, I pushed a Caterham Seven Fireblade fully tuned with NOS to 193 mph, I think it had over 220 hp.
Caterhams, arn't crappy cars either. AND there not really cars...
 
colton19911
One day, I pushed a Caterham Seven Fireblade fully tuned with NOS to 193 mph, I think it had over 220 hp.

Try harder and you can get over 210mph :) I managed 210, and I'd forgot to change the oil..
 
I've had 180 out of the Ginetta on the Ring (no nitrous). 240 doesn't seem that mental.
 
I went to get a new top speed with the Ginetta,and here is what i got.

249.28MPH 331HP with 100shot of NOS

I don't think thats bad.
 
Good effort!! I've just helped a friend complete the 1000 miles in it. What a great little car.
 
For the 1000 miles, I might use the newest addition to my garage: a Lotus Europa Special fully tuned with engine and turbo mods. It has 245 horse power. When I tested it on Max Speed, it got to 158 mph (estimated), which is excellent for a car with over 200 horsepower.
 
I got the Ginetta up to 237.6 with 234hp and the 100 NOS. Good job getting 249 out of it.

One guy on here said your numbers were crazy, but I would tell him to try it out for himself. Max out those gear ratios and apply the NOS and you'll be surprised.

I got 206 out of the Mini Marcos, for goodness sakes. Those light cars don't need much power.
 
Back