Crazy how things change. (Thoughts from an old Prodigy member)

• Thread starter Eman305
  • 19 comments
United States
United States
Mr_Eman3o5
Just made my gtplanet account and just wanted to share my thoughts. I got on gt6 after 1 year and a half hiatus since gt5. For those that remember I was known as Yurei on gt5. That was both in the early Osaka days and mostly known from the Prodigy days. I've been on gt6 for two weeks now and just wanted to say that from what I've seen there isn't that much serious team activity. I mean I see teams drifting and stuff but I've barely seen the same action I was used to seeing. No team battles or anything. Damn do I miss those days teams tring to be better than the other. Crazy how things change...would love to see that again. Maybe it picks up again and we see the big teams at it again.

I also want to say thanks to those who I've met and had good runs with. Very cool peeps I've met and added let's keep those runs coming.... Haven't decided if I'm going to make myself a free agent but till then just wanted to say I'm glad to be back -Eman/ Yurei

Hello there! Welcome!

Yeah, as Stavingo said, we ain't no more on team battles and such. I don't know, for me is just tiring or maybe laziness from my part. Hmm . . . probably the latter

one. Heheheh.

In my opinion, is more interesting putting that door-2-door consistently in a tandem than sitting there waiting for your turn to run against someone . . . :lol:

Last edited:
Damn Eman welcome back! I always forget your prodigy name :lol:. I've been pretty MIA myself. It would be cool to have a reunion lobby.

As for team battles I think it would be better to join a organized comp and team members can earn points to add to a total team points. I've grown bored with my platform games.

Clash of clans is my new hobby :lol::lol:

I echo what @Stavingo said, no point saying it again but that's just how it is around here, and has been for a while.

For many people drifting is a way to relax or let out some stress, and of course it's fun so that's a bonus...

If you wanna get back into comps check out the series people have started in this forum.

P.S - Your name rings a bell...

Yea I get you guys and I completely agree. It is more relaxing. The whole team points idea sounds good they should begin organizing things like that. I guess the best part of this is that there is no trash talking...I did hate that not going to lie. Especially those who talked making things up and stuff. It is a more peaceful community and I like that. Ill get used to it. Just wanted to voice my point of view on how I see the things changed. Thank you for the feedback. Hope to see you guys around while sliding.

I totally agree with @Eman305, never actually been in a battle, but I've seen videos of them on YT. If we get these battles going again it'd be mad.

That was part of the problem, too many people got way too mad. It's part of what contributed to the drift forums becoming a drama fest and being labelled as the armpit of GTP.

It's partially due to the lobby making system, and the fact that in a team battle, it's usually just the competitors in the room. The comp usually turns into a giant he say/she say battle.

Those who made the mistake of volunteering to judge team battles found their names being dragged through the mud simply because someone didn't like a call that was made.

And like others have said, (and although I actually am in favor of healthy, friendly competition), the team battles just turned into giant pissing contests.

I've been away a minute myself, but when I do drift in GT, I do it to relax at the end of the day, and enjoy some car culture with like minded people. I'm 30 years old now. I have absolutely no desire to waste an evening or two messing around with some 15 year old who's hot in the pants, feels like he has something to prove, and wants to use the NEMESIS name and rep (that WE built, he had nothing to do with) to make a name for himself.

I'd much rather spend my time playing some KotH with the Fam, experimenting with new cars/tunes with some of the old Sideways Saturday crew, or run a 10 car train in a missile lobby than waste my time with a team battle.

Just my two cents.

PS, getting close to finishing my car, so I might be able to return soon :D

Last edited:
i think the most exciting thing right now is meeting you fools in random comps with unsuspecting players knowing that we know each other. @Eman305 when we battled a about a week ago it was probably the most fun ive had in a while. lol all these new teams want to battle and all the old teams just want to chill

Sup Yurei :)
Honestly I don't miss the team battles at all. But I liked the presence of teams. Just having active teams around hanging with your team and joining other lobbies team, not to battle but just to have some fun and hang with eachother. Remember that OHQ RSM battle? Hahaha omg that was embarrassing. OHQ even made up judges and said they won. That was halarious. I am glad I left that team. I miss Prodigy though. All you fools, where is Lilal? Haha and SR aswell, DR. Everyone there that was a great small team.

I think it would be a good thing to start themed lobbies again. We'll see.

Crap..I couldn't miss Teoo!! Or Machi. Ah...I miss those days haha

Last edited:
i think the most exciting thing right now is meeting you fools in random comps with unsuspecting players knowing that we know each other. @Eman305 when we battled a about a week ago it was probably the most fun ive had in a while. lol all these new teams want to battle and all the old teams just want to chill
Lol, I'm guessing that you are blueninjacivic? If it is you then yes that battle was awesome bro. Great driving just like old times! And yea after days of driving I've seen that I like what the scene has become.
Sup Yurei :)
Honestly I don't miss the team battles at all. But I liked the presence of teams. Just having active teams around hanging with your team and joining other lobbies team, not to battle but just to have some fun and hang with eachother. Remember that OHQ RSM battle? Hahaha omg that was embarrassing. OHQ even made up judges and said they won. That was halarious. I am glad I left that team. I miss Prodigy though. All you fools, where is Lilal? Haha and SR aswell, DR. Everyone there that was a great small team.

I think it would be a good thing to start themed lobbies again. We'll see.

Crap..I couldn't miss Teoo!! Or Machi. Ah...I miss those days haha
Shiro! Great runs yesterday! And yes bro I completely agree I miss Prodigy and the family we made there. It reminds me of Guns N' Roses where everything was going great and then members started leaving or became inactive and it died. Yes! Lilal, Teoo wow I loved those two, I wonder if they still play. What happened to DR? Only one I talk to every now and then is Bishop. But I do miss going to a lobby with a team and having awesome runs. Although I've been having great runs with people. Kinda makes me want to join a team already. I'll see

A few of the guys on NEM are sti in contact with SR. It's been a few months now since I've heard from him, but last time I did, he had just bought himself a 350Z. He's been pretty focused on his IRL car game lately

A few of the guys on NEM are sti in contact with SR. It's been a few months now since I've heard from him, but last time I did, he had just bought himself a 350Z. He's been pretty focused on his IRL car game lately
Yea I lost touch with him. I have him on instagram. He used to come over my house a lot. From what I've heard he actually left the car game. He doesn't hang around with our old drifting buddies and I lost his cell phone. I'm a see if I can get in touch with him

Lol, I'm guessing that you are blueninjacivic? If it is you then yes that battle was awesome bro. Great driving just like old times! And yea after days of driving I've seen that I like what the scene has become.

Shiro! Great runs yesterday! And yes bro I completely agree I miss Prodigy and the family we made there. It reminds me of Guns N' Roses where everything was going great and then members started leaving or became inactive and it died. Yes! Lilal, Teoo wow I loved those two, I wonder if they still play. What happened to DR? Only one I talk to every now and then is Bishop. But I do miss going to a lobby with a team and having awesome runs. Although I've been having great runs with people. Kinda makes me want to join a team already. I'll see
You know RSM has member thirst lately haha But no I don't see the need of you joining a team bro we can still hang alot more. Teams are old thing now it's just being part of the community, one big team. The team matters the least now adays. Just drifting with eachother is great.

Funny I was just talking with Machi :D Teoo is playing The Crew (b:censored:) and Lilal is probably actually getting a life haha But I might have a small session with Machi later today, he got his wheel back so that should be fun. You should come! Good runs bro :)

Now @BayouSimDrifter where are you? Haha I miss RSM as much as Prodigy. We need the skype chat and Shadow's not so bad looking friends back hahaha Bro!!!! Eric made a facebook O.O

See you guys around!

Last edited:
That was part of the problem, too many people got way too mad. It's part of what contributed to the drift forums becoming a drama fest and being labelled as the armpit of GTP.

It's partially due to the lobby making system, and the fact that in a team battle, it's usually just the competitors in the room. The comp usually turns into a giant he say/she say battle.

Those who made the mistake of volunteering to judge team battles found their names being dragged through the mud simply because someone didn't like a call that was made.
And like others have said, (and although I actually am in favor of heathy, friendly competition), the team battles just turned into giant pissing contests.

I've been away a minute myself, but when I do drift in GT, I do it to relax at the end of the day, and enjoy some car culture with like minded people. I'm 30 years old now. I have absolutely no desire to waste an evening or two messing around with some 15 year old who's hot in the pants, feels like he has something to prove, and wants to use the NEMESIS name and rep (that WE built, he had nothing to do with) to make a name for himself.

I'd much rather spend my time playing some KotH with the Fam, experimenting with new cars/tunes with some of the old Sideways Saturday crew, or run a 10 car train in a missile lobby than waste my time with a team battle.

Just my two cents.

PS, getting close to finishing my car, so I might be able to return soon :D
Have to agree there, your point is so valid, I suppose people just get cocky at times and think they're the best. All I can say is #KeepDriftingFun!

@Eman305
Yurei man where have you been. I don't get online much but when I do I would like to drift with you again. Been a long time.

Add me MCR-Zenitramz

I only wish for some spare time to touch my ps3. I haven't been able to do so for more than two weeks and it feels so much longer. Ugh

Back