Create a... LM Race Car!

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 37 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
I remember seeing a thread like this in GT4 forum. I'm doing it for GT2 now. Try to imagine how your LM Race Car would look like. (It may be a hybrid of your dreams). Remember, the source car must be in GT2. :)

An example:
Citroen Xantia LM
Livery/visuals: Widebody-looking car with dark blackish blue with Citroen logo on side and front hood - like Xsara rally car.
Engine and drivetrain: 4-wheel drive, 350 hp

(This one is an example I made up in the "Create a race" thread ;))

Let's go! :D

Nice idea! Also I like that you chose the Xantia. 👍

Now my idea:
Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG LM
Livery/visuals: body like the ITC version, but with a 190E EvoII-like rear wing. Livery is like the 'D2' ITC C-class, but in black instead of silver and the D2 logo got replaced with the GT logo.
Engine and drivetrain: mid-engine, rear-wheel drive. 590hp

Hope this one is ok.

What a really cool topic this is.:) Both your cars sound neat.👍

My car would be a "Mazda Eunos Cosmo LM":drool:

It would have a gold Rotary shape painted on the hood gold stripes on the sides. The rims would be golden bridgestone style. The rest of the car would be black.
There would be a fair sized wing in the back. As for its stance it would be wide like the RX7 LM while keeping it's longer wheelbase for more stable driving.
There would be functional vents and what not around the brakes and hood to keeps thinks from overheating.

Specifications:

Engine: 2.6L 4 Rotor Supercharged.:nervous:
Drivetrain: Mid-Engine/All-Wheel Drive.:sly:
HP: 918:scared:
Weight: 2122 LBS

Oh yeah this would do just perfectly.:)

Name: Lotus Esprit LM
Livery: The "John Player Special" livery from the 1970's/1980's Formula One cars - but with a red and black spiderweb design. Still gold lettering. Black Enkei's.
Visuals: Think of an Esprit - but in a widebody design similar to the Mercedes CLR (The "Flying Squadron" car.) Wing like the Group C cars had, and a closed cockpit. Oh, and popup headlights - have to keep that originality, even at the cost of aerodynamics.

Engine: 2.8 litre V6, turbocharged.
Drivetrain: Midship, rear-wheel-drive.
Horsepower: 610
Weight: 1000 kilograms (2204.62 pounds, without driver.)

C'mon anyone going to post anything new? This is a fun topic I cannot believe it has not been posted on more.:confused:

Ok then I'll do another one.

Fiat Coupe LM Edition Race Car

I love the Fiat Coupe in this game and in real life. This LM edition would be Sunburst Yellow primarily, with black stripes on the side it would have Pennzoil decals on the body as it would match wonderfully. The rear wind would be similar to the one in the Chaser LM from GT1. It would be of wider stance with a 3-5 inch longer wheelbase.

Specifications:

Engine: 4.0L V10 Naturaly Aspirated(F1 style high revving motor)
Drivetrain: 4WD
HP: 714 at 9100 RPM
Torque: 454 LB/FT at 7120 RPM
Weight: 1899 LBS

Oh man this really makes my wish all the cars in this board were in this game.

Engine: 4.0L V10 Naturaly Aspirated(F1 style high revving motor)

Actually Fiat Coupè has got transversal engine, so it's quite unlikely that anything bigger than a small V6 would fit, because the width of the car is limited, and when they produced that they only put overcharged inline 4 in it.
The good news is that Alfa (part of Fiat) had already done a brutal conversion of a late 80s model (search for 164 procar) taking everything from a Formula 1 car and giving it a stock model's shape. So, if they had done it 10 years before, why not in the late 90s? MR layout with Ferrari F399 (Formula 1) mechanicals, engine taken from 3 to 4 liters in order to reduce reliability issues with a little less power, it could be used for advertising purposes.
By the way, did any of the Fiat Coupè travel as far as California?! Thought noone ever exported any to the US

Mazda Cosmo LM

Drivetrain: FR
Power: 642hp
Displacement: 3x 550cc

Livery: Creek Blue Mica, with white details and blacked out headlights, ala the RX-7 A-Spec.

Actually Fiat Coupè has got transversal engine, so it's quite unlikely that anything bigger than a small V6 would fit, because the width of the car is limited, and when they produced that they only put overcharged inline 4 in it.
The good news is that Alfa (part of Fiat) had already done a brutal conversion of a late 80s model (search for 164 procar) taking everything from a Formula 1 car and giving it a stock model's shape. So, if they had done it 10 years before, why not in the late 90s? MR layout with Ferrari F399 (Formula 1) mechanicals, engine taken from 3 to 4 liters in order to reduce reliability issues with a little less power, it could be used for advertising purposes.
By the way, did any of the Fiat Coupè travel as far as California?! Thought noone ever exported any to the US

Good point there. Though I must say that the best performing Fiat Coupe had a 2.0L I5. When I posted my Coupe LM the engine was decidedly longitudnally mounted and 4wD at that. Yes that would mean that the front end would have to be lengthened fair bit to accommodate the length of the engine etc.

By the way great to see a new post.

Let's get bizarre!!!

Ford GT90 LM Race Car

Ford_GT90_12.jpg

Al painted in black, interior removed and fitted with a Sparco seat with red details, it has two white stripes like one of the old GT40's of the 60's, and has a huge No. 2 on both left and right of the car, and the hood... Also, no sponsors, to make it look more classic.

A huge wing is added for increased dowforce, and the rims are changed to 19" front, 20" rear BBS alloys, like these ones...

attachment.php

Again... classic look of the 60's :)

Performance has been greatly increased... Dropped the weight of the car by 150kgs, increased the power by changing to high performance turbos...

A new, racing transmission is added, suspension and brakes optimized for racing... and that's pretty much it...

V12 quad-turbo engine
Weight: 1300Kg
Power: 830hp
6 speed paddleshift transmission by ricardo
Top Speed: Close to 400kmh

👍

That's my vision... :)

Well, as long as we're getting crazy... :sly:

I'd like to have the: MX-5 C-Spec LM!!!

Drop the same engine and upgrades as the MazdaSpeed RX-7 GT-C into her and let 'er fly! :eek: Keep it the same simple livery as my red Castrol RX-7 LM edition, with the same top end performance as the full tune GT-C...

Homer Simpson drool of a car! :drool:

Have a good one

Name: BMW 8 LMGT
Livery: The car has a Plain, nearly sponsorless body with blank "Number Plates" on both doors. Colors range Blue with Silver BBS "Mesh" Wheels, White with Red BBS Wheels, Black with Silver BBS wheels or Red with Blue BBS wheels.
Visuals: More-or-Less this:

attachment.php

3328090542_b371f31ed3_o.jpg

with the wider track and more "Muscular" fender arches from the BMW M8 Concept:

bmw-m8.jpg

plus deep endplates on the rear wing, a visible difuser under the rear bumper and an extended front splitter under the front bumper.

Engine: 5.0 Litre, Normally-Aspirated V12
Drivetrain: Front-Engined, Rear-Wheel Drive
Horsepower: 555
Torque: 472 Lb-Ft.
Weight: 2,715 Lbs (Without Driver)

========================================

Name: Lancia Stratos G5S LM
Livery: Either the classic Alitaillia Livery with Number "539" on the sides or a Red, White & Dark Blue livery with a blank "Number Plate" on both doors along with various "GT" Logos across the front, sides and the rear wing.
Visuals: Something like this:

5707469404_2f8937afd5.jpg

8121596352_e4c0625257_z.jpg

5706904105_86a1f244b1.jpg

But with smoother front and rear fenders, along with a set of small "Dive Plane" cannards at the front.

Engine: 3.0, Normally-Aspirated V6 ("Borrowed" from the Alf-Romeo 155 DTM)
Drivetrain: Mid-Engined, Rear-Wheel Drive
Horsepower: 544
Torque N/A
Weight: 2,066 Lbs (Without Driver)

Lotus Elise GT1-X
The Lotus Elise GT1-X would have have a widened front and rear wheel arches, and it would have the same spoiler as the "TVR Cebera LM Edition", the car would be fitted with red Group C rims, the car would be a Matte Red.
It would use the same sound effect as a fully tuned Dodge Viper RT/10.

HP: 684
MPH: 216
Price = $684,000

Wow there are some really nice new LM cars being posted. Keep up the great imaginitive work guys. I am very much looking forward to more of them.

I must say I :drool: for the BMW 8 LMGT and the Lancia Stratos G5S LM.

I may sound a bit odd but I think the Stratos is great looking even the race car version posted.

Wow there are some really nice new LM cars being posted. Keep up the great imaginitive work guys. I am very much looking forward to more of them.

I must say I :drool: for the BMW 8 LMGT and the Lancia Stratos G5S LM.

I may sound a bit odd but I think the Stratos is great looking even the race car version posted.

Yeah... I based the Lancia Stratos Group 5 Silhouette LM on the actual car that raced in 1975-'77 (Which was the car featured in the photos).

The Group 5 Stratos also has a heck of a history in regards to it's creation: http://www.racing65.com/greatracingcars/stratos.html

Thanks for the informational post. So that is the history of the Stratos eh. It either failed to finish races because of mechanical problems or it made 1st place how odd.

Here is another LM idea.

MGF LM Edition Race Car:

This beauty would be painted in British Racing Green relatively little sponsers in comparison to other race cars. It would have neat thin gold stripe accents on the sides of the car. The rims would be a gold Ray's Engineering type. Dimension changes of the car would consist of lengthening the wheelbase(for stability) widening the stance(better road grip) and shortening the height(lessen air resistance.) Bodywork would contain functional vents for parts cooling and a roof air scoop for the rear mounted engine. Dynamic aerodynamics would be utilized as well thinking of the kind found on the Mitsubishi GTO VR4.

Engine: 3.0L NA V12(V12s are known for their smoothe seemingly vibrationless power delivery)
Drivetrain: MR
HP: 450
Weight: 1792LBS

Almost forgot to mention that it would have paddle shifters.

TommyKaira ZZII Race Car

Tommy+Kaira+ZZII.jpg

This car is the mother of all madness... An ever more powerful and Light version of the already incredible ZZII "Road Car", this car takes the prize of Japan's most Insane supercar Ever Built...

Livery:

I can see this car using the Livery of the Unisia Jecs Skyline or the Denso Sard Supra... just like a good Japanese Supercar... however, and in order to make it stand out from the croud... this car has the Legendary Orange Color that distinguished all cars sponsored by Jagermeister... with a large number 17 on both sides... rims are painted black, and it uses slick racing tires made by pirelli...

m3_jaegermeister.jpg

In terms of performance... this car has it all... the car inherits a new, Turbocharged Nissan V8 engine, coming straight from the days of the Sport Car Championships... With this gargantuan engine, combined with a body that features carbonfiber everywhere to drop the weight of the car even more, this car now develops a monstruous 750HP, with an estimated top speed in excess of 370Km/h, but electronically controlled to only 320... New suspension, 6 gear paddleshift transmission and high performance brakes are added to tame the collosal power of this beast...

After completition, this car is completely distanced from it's former self, becoming more of a modern Group C racer ...:drool:

Tommy Kaira ZZII LM RACE CAR
Power: 750HP
Weight: 950Kg
Engine: TurboCharged Nissan V8
Top Speed: 350-370km/h (controlled to 320km/h)

:)👍

AC Cobra 427 RM

tumblr_lrwe3hUeVR1qk52a1o1_1280.jpg

Drivetrain: TVR/Ford T5 5-speed manual gearbox
Engine: Bespoke 5.4L Supercharged V8 based on the 5.0L TVR/Rover V8 block, with forged pistons etc, a methenol cooling system for the air intake and a titanium racing exhaust.

Power: Around 500BHP

Weight: 900kg

Livery: The livery would be the same as the Shelby Cobra Daytona's livery in GT2.

5440087.jpg

Correct. There is the Shelby however. Now to make an LM.

Lotus Elise LM Edition

Weight: 1102 lbs
Engine: Elise 190's 1.8 liter, turbocharged to 551 hp
Drivetrain: 4WD (because otherwise spinning every corner)
Price: 1,000,000
Similar racing body kit to the 190's, but in all the colors of the non-RM 190, with opposite color racing stripes, with the Europa RM color schemes to top it off.

Shelby Cobra / AC Cobra... Same thing, just for copyright reasons they called it Shelby in game... not really worth picking up on..

@ Above post.

Elise with 4WD? That's blasphemy to a big Lotus fan like me.

Quite an interesting thread I should say ;)
Now, here's my LM racer:

Audi S4 quattro LM

Body: Converted to two-door bodystyle, every panel made from carbon fiber reinforced with Kevlar, added Rollcage for strenght, Lexan-made windows, flared fenders, RS4-style bumpers front&rear, RS4 headlights, small roof scoop, adjustable rear wing made from carbon fibre, small vents in the bumpers and side skirts to keep the brakes cool, single arm wiper.

Wheels: OZ Superturismo with a single nut or, if possible, carbon fibre wheels.

Engine: 6.3 liter W12 twin turbocharged placed behind the driver for more even weight distribution, dry sump lubrication, 1150 HP unrestricted, 770 HP restricted, about 1000Nm of torque, titanium race exhaust.

Transmission: 7-speed sequential transaxle with paddle shifters, Limited-slip differentials.

Suspension and steering: Coil-over racing suspension (Bilstein maybe), electric power steering added.

Brakes: AP Racing 8-pot front callipers and 6-pot rears, carbon fibre reinforced silicon carbide cross-drilled discs, 401mm fronts & 381mm rears, brake balance controller installed.

Livery: The same one as the BTCC A4s, only in black not silver. Wheels painted in white or silver.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. :D

Last edited:
Lancia Delta LM
with mid-mounted 4 cylinders, 2000cc engine turbocharged to 550HP at very high rpm. With enlarged and slightly longer wheelbase, 4 wheel drive and Alitalia livery, such as on old Stratos racing models.
BBS golden rims, or black ones, similar in driving to Alfa 155.

RUF CTR2 GT1R
A 688HP Engine, with Turbo 4 upgrade option which will bump the power up to 769HP.
Has the CTR2 Sport Racing bodykit
ruf-ctr-2-06.jpg

Has classic BBS rims
169289d1206410440-do-you-know-if-these-wheels-bbs_rs.jpg

Car comes in Matte Gray (With Gray rims), Black (With black or Gold rims), Red (With White, Red or Black rims) or Sky Blue (With Blue or White rims)
Has handling similar to the Escudo.
Uses the HKS R33 Sound.
Has 5 gears with a Top-Speed of 220MPH, and 235MPH with Turbo 4.
Comes with Full Downforce and Racing softs default.

I think I've got one more... For now at least!

Name: Mazda RX-7 GT-Turbo "254" LM
Livery: The car comes in three distinct liveries; A plain White "Test Livery" with either number "82" or "83", A Mostly-White body with Red & Blue stripes running across the hood and the top sides of the front & rear fenders sporting the number "77", or a Black-Bodied car with Gold "Bar Stripes" and a Gold roof with number "38" (All of which have the numbers on the doors and hood).

Visuals: Basically this:

le_mans-1982-06-20-082.jpg

le-mans_hist_010.jpg

le_mans-1982-06-20-083.jpg

Engine: Twin-Turbocharged Wankel with 3 Rotors and an unknown displacement.
Horsepower: 535
Torque: N/A
Weight: 1,880 Lbs (Without Driver)

Inspired by the Group 5 "Silhouette" cars built and run at Lemans in the early 80's by the renowned Tom Walkinshaw Racing Team, the Mazda RX-7 GT-Turbo "254" LM uses modern technology and chassis know-how to get the most out of the venerable first-generation Mazda "Savannah" RX-7.

Though it may lack overall horsepower, this car more than makes up for it through it's light weight, fine (If a bit tricky for a beginner) handling and a surprising amount of downforce...

I think I've got a pretty good idea.

Honda Beat TypeR-R LM
Engine-Acura/Honda NSX Type S Zero V6 (race tuned; naturally aspirated)
Transmission-6-speed close ratio manual; short throw shifter
Drivetrain-Mid-engined; Rear-drive
Power-460hp:scared:
Weight-534kg:scared:
Wheelbase-Lengthened to 115in. from 90in. (to accommodate the V6)
Width-63in. from 55in.

This would be the alternative to the CRX del sol LM, only small, lighter, and with WAY more downforce to put all that power down. I think it could be pretty fun!:sly:

Alfa Romeo GTV LM with aerodynamic kit and telephone dial alloys.
Engine and drivetrain: 3,2 V6 Biturbo, 550HP, 400Nm; Q4 4wheel drive
Weight: 1180kg / 2600lbs

005.jpg

*Casts "Revive" on Topic*

Name: Aston Martin V8 Vantage LM
Livery: Either a Classic British Racing Green with a Yellow Stripe across it's grille (An Aston-Martin Racing Trademark) and a Black, Stylized "7" in a Circular Number Plate OR a Bright Yellow Body with "54" in a Cicular Number Plate
Visuals: This:

aston_martin_gt-700r_by_david_ellis_motorsport_2000.jpg

aston_martin_gt-700r_by_david_ellis_motorsport_2000-1.jpg

Engine: 6.0 Liter, Twin-Charged V8
Horsepower: 730
Torque: 605 Lbs-Ft
Weight: 1,950 Lbs (Minus Driver but with Fluids)

Based on the incredible GT700R Silhouette campaigned by David Ellis Motorsports throughout Great Britain, The Aston Martin V8 Vantage is a no-compromises racing car that's comparable to the equally-mad TVR Cerbera Speed 12; Both are Front-Engined, Rear-Wheel Drive monsters built purely for racing, both packing amazing power and acceleration in lightweight, surprisingly aerodynamic bodies.

The V8 Vantage LM differs, however, in it's overall detail design and overall execution. While the "Base" GT700R was a built around a Steel-Tube frame, the Vantage LM features a pure Carbon-Fiber Monocoque and an Engine that's not only Super AND Turbocharged (!), but sits in the dead-center of the chassis for aerodynamics and ideal weight distribution. This, along with a windtunnel-crafted body that sits only 41 inches high(!!), puts the V8 Vantage LM among the true elite of GT2. Now, if only it's hyper handling an brutal acceleration could be tamed...

Name: Honda Prelude LM Edition
Livery: A plain Black Livery with either Red, Yellow or Purple accents, a blank number plate and BBS-Style "Mesh" wheels (Gold with Silver rim).

Visuals: Something like this:

honda4.jpg

honda6.jpg

Engine: Turbocharged 2.0 Liter Inline-4
Horsepower: 593 @ 7500 RPM (9000 RPM Redline)
Torque: 359 Lbs-Ft @ 5000 RPM
Weight: 2,169 Lbs (Without Driver, but with fluids)

Originally built to All-Japan GT300-spec, this particular Racing-Spec Honda Prelude was converted into an "LM Edition" via beefed-up internals, a larger turbocharger and wider Wheels & Tires (With bodywork suitably stretched to fit such wheels & tires). It's thought to be comparable to the Honda Del Sol LM, though it's power-to-weight ratio and acceleration aren't nearly as good due to the lower HP figures and the higher weight brought on by the car's FR configuration (Despite featuring a De Riguer Carbon-Fibre Monocoque Chassis with Steel-Tube Subframes Fore & Aft of the cockpit). Handling has been described as "Decent, if a bit wild" out-of-the-box though...

Name: Ford RS200 LM
Livery: A plain, White body with either Blue, Red or Maroon stripes similar to the classic factory Ford Rs200 Group B Rally car's Livery OR a Plain white body with some small black "Associate" Sponsors (Goodyear, Bosch, Etc. Etc.)
Visuals: Basically This:

fordrs200imsagtoroadamehg1.jpg

4.jpg

Engine: Turbocharged 2.1 Liter Inline-4
Drivetrain: Mid-Engined, All-Wheel Drive with a 30% Front/70% Rear Power Distrubution (Stock, but adjustable)
Horsepower: 693
Torque: 478 Lbs-Ft
Weight: 2,489 Lbs (Less Driver)

Though not the most obvious use one would expect when thinking of Ford's unloved RS200 "Rallying Supercar", the Ford RS200 LM was built solely for circuit racing and is derived from a Still-Born IMSA GTO-Spec "Silhouette" that was built and tested, but never actually raced in-period (1989-'91). This particular car features a Carbon-Fiber Chassis fitted with a custom-built running gear based on the Focus WRC car and powered by a 2.1 Liter BDT-E engine that Co-Developed by Cosworth and famed Engine Tuner Brian Hart.

This engine, along with the RS200 LM's All-Wheel Drive and surprisingly light weight, promises to propel the RS200 LM to some incredible (Sub 3-Second) 0-60 Times; However, it's relatively wide track coupled with a short wheelbase mean that it's not the most serene-handling car around...

=========================================

Name: Ford RS200 LM Pikes Peak Edition
Livery: A Plain White Body with a Black Rear Wing(s), a Black Front "Splitter" as well as a few subtle accents of Blue or Green in a "Pixel Dot" scheme plus a White, Italicized "9" on the (Massive) Rear Wing
Visuals: More-or-Less This:

FordRS200PikesPeak09.jpg

42085932.jpg

Engine: 2.1 Liter Turbocharged Inline-4
Drivetrain: Mid-Engined, All-Wheel Drve
Horsepower: 800
Torque: 579 Lbs-Ft
Weight: 2,501 Lbs

This is what most people would assume a Ford RS200 is meant to be used for; As a Hillclimb Car pure and simple, built alongside it's circuit-based "Sister" using much of the same internals and construction methods and meant to run in the "Unlimited" Class at the famed Pikes Peak International Hillclimb, where the RS200 Lm "Pikes Peak Edition" aims to take on the likes of Rod Millen's Toyota Tacoma Silhouette & Nobuhiro "Monster" Tajima's Suzuki Escudo, among others... It's acceleration is Breathless, the downforce levels produced from it's massive Front "Splitter" & Rear Wing are staggering and it's speed, while not quite "Excuiseo"-Levels, is definitely in the ballpark... The real question is, who's brave enough to drive it?

=========================================

Last edited:
Back