Create Pako's Custom Wrap - 2014 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

• Thread starter Pako
  • 65 comments
A 'mule' wrapping is 'in' these days.

2012-10-01-spied-dodge-ram-truck-pentastar-v6.jpg

^ I think that was a test run in death valley. They are trying to hide their new front end with that wrap. ;)

^ I think that was a test run in death valley. They are trying to hide their new front end with that wrap. ;)
I mean that it is "in" nowadays to wrap your car as it is a mule. The photo was just an example of what is possible. ;)

You could make a "mule" of your truck. That was my design suggestion.

Last edited:
I looked at the Challenger Drag-Pak for some ideas. It gave me an idea to nominate. The 512 signifies the engine displacement in cubic inches. This car here has a 512 CI (8.4L) V10 under the hood. If you wanted to, you could probably swap the numbers for 5.7 since that is the displacement of your engine in liters.

wrap4-670x389.jpg

TB
@AnthonyD1993 - I've always liked the "dirt/mud" look for decals. 👍

Can't say I'd like a huge MOPAR on @Pako's rig, though. :lol:
Well, Chrysler themselves put a huge MOPAR on a Ram, so there's that. :lol: Then again, I don't see @Pako turning his truck into one of these, though.
mopar-ram-runner-sta-1_600x0w.jpg

Also, @Pako , what are your thoughts on things such as the graphics on vintage combat aircraft? Vintage schemes have been a trend lately, so I figured that I'd ask.

The whole off road livery is cool but you are correct, I'm not going to be turning my truck into a mud slinger, rock climber, stump romper....I will build one from scratch for that. This is more of a family friendly rig with a pickup bed. Mainly for towing toys around and the occasional trip to the dump or hauling larger items that the car can't handle.

The dazzle camo honestly almost made me sick to stomach, so probably not. :lol:

lol @ 10 year warranty.

Avery and 3M, the bosses, usually specify a 3 year warranty on vertical surfaces on a solid color, not printed. If the truck is driven daily, parked in a garage at night and shade during the day, I'd expect maybe 2.5 years before it starts looking haggard and needing some panels replaced..if its hand washed. Run it through a machine, park it in the sun every day, leave it outside...maybe 1 year.

No shop is going to warranty past the manufacture date...most are 1 year on install only.

I've got years of wrap experience.

lol @ 10 year warranty.

Avery and 3M, the bosses, usually specify a 3 year warranty on vertical surfaces on a solid color, not printed. If the truck is driven daily, parked in a garage at night and shade during the day, I'd expect maybe 2.5 years before it starts looking haggard and needing some panels replaced..if its hand washed. Run it through a machine, park it in the sun every day, leave it outside...maybe 1 year.

No shop is going to warranty past the manufacture date...most are 1 year on install only.

I've got years of wrap experience.

Wow, he must have been full of, well..., crap. What's interesting is that 3M won't publish their warranty period, they just say that it will adequately deliver what it was intended for. Even in their video, they never tell you a warranty period:

I'll have to quiz the local shop a little deeper on their warranty.

Corporate America- the place where people sell bull:censored: to get money. I looked at the link I posted last page, and that magazine article stated a 5 year life for a wrap. Also since you recently took over a business, would you consider putting the business logos on your truck?

I do know this for sure- This wrap here won't happen for sure, but it still is pretty good! :lol:
getimage-1.jpeg

Corporate America- the place where people sell bull:censored: to get money. I looked at the link I posted last page, and that magazine article stated a 5 year life for a wrap. Also since you recently took over a business, would you consider putting the business logos on your truck?

I do know this for sure- This wrap here won't happen for sure, but it still is pretty good! :lol:
getimage-1.jpeg

:lol: That's awesome but I'm partial to Joust! :D

I have considered it and will do something on the tailgate for sure, but then I have to watch my driving around town, no more road rage. :mischievous:

This Oreca Viper livery will probably be the last thing I suggest. I've hit the brick wall in my searches at which everything is really outlandishly crazy or stuff that I think looks ungodly terrible.
24-viper-GTSR.jpg

I do appreciate the effort. @DaehlateM has got me a bit nervous about the wrap and has me second guessing the process. If I can only get a year, maybe two tops, I think I will pass.

If I do anything, maybe a hood graphic that follows the lines and maybe just a pinstripes down the side and call it a day.

If I do anything, maybe a hood graphic that follows the lines and maybe just a pinstripes down the side and call it a day.
As they're made out of the same materials, the decals I suggested would have the same lifespan as pinstriping. :)

Wrap the back end of your truck with a text: "GTP mod inside, keep your distance or you will be banned".

:D

Rust, patina, or whatever you call it, wrap. Like this;

bb7e46eb3a76b73006d1bfa8eceb9b2a.jpg

Makes your new (and beautiful) truck look like crap. :D

Patina (real and fake) has been popular since the Rat Rod Movement came along. It's even used on high profile builds such as Eric Yost's first gen Camaro that he built to run Hot Rod Magazine's Drag Week in.

I do appreciate the effort. @DaehlateM has got me a bit nervous about the wrap and has me second guessing the process. If I can only get a year, maybe two tops, I think I will pass.

My intention wasn't to scare you away. Find a good shop, watch how they do their wraps and make sure they aren't just a sign shop that does wraps occasionally and you'll be good. Take care of it and it will last.

I had my Miata wrapped last year for about a year and it held up fine, zero issues...after numerous rallys and track days and at least 30k miles. I garage it, but I wouldn't say I'm easy on it. It isn't wrapped currently, but will be again soon.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back