Create second profile without psn account

• Thread starter Boxster
  • 8 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
I would like to play GT7 a second time from start. Can I do so without resetting my main account and without needing another psn account?

Last edited:
I would like to play GT7 a second time from start. Can I do so without resetting my main account and without needing another psn account?
You can create another account on your console without needing to associate it to a PSN account (or create one for it). I don't know if it'll stop you from playing GT7, but I don't imagine that it will.

You can create another account on your console without needing to associate it to a PSN account (or create one for it). I don't know if it'll stop you from playing GT7, but I don't imagine that it will.
Thanks.
That's exactly what I tried but it does seem to force me to create another psn account.
I would just like to play the offline GT7 'career' a second time without any online racing. It would be quite absurd imo if that would not be possible without paying for another psn subscription.

Thanks.
That's exactly what I tried but it does seem to force me to create another psn account.
I would just like to play the offline GT7 'career' a second time without any online racing. It would be quite absurd imo if that would not be possible without paying for another psn subscription.
You don't need to pay for a new PS+ subscription. You just need a new (free) PSN account with a different email address. As long as you're on the same console that does have a PS+ account you'll have access to everything.

You don't need to pay for a new PS+ subscription. You just need a new (free) PSN account with a different email address. As long as you're on the same console that does have a PS+ account you'll have access to everything.
Oh, OK, I will try that. Thanks.

Thanks.
If memory serves, it costs nothing to create a PSN account. As long as the main account on the console has a Plus subscription, all other PSN accounts on that console have full access to every game loaded on that console.

Edit - Beaten by @watto79 by "thatmuch".

Last edited:
I almost made a thread asking about why we can’t have multiple save slots per ID a few weeks ago. Other games allow it. I’ve done the whole multiple PSN thing with the other GT’s. It’s just exhausting to keep up with for me now. All the logins etc. I just want to have a bare bones experience and a full blown collect everything under one ID option.

I tried creating a second local PS5 account for my kid. It is possible. It is also possible to start GT7 once you realize that you can just press circle on those screens that try to make it look like an association with a PSN account is totally necessary.

However once you then start the game it is completely locked up. Only music rally and custom races are possible. I think it also doesn't save any progress on music rally.

The forcing to be online is extremely annoying.

Last edited:
Back