Create Transmission Options in [Performance Filter] (For Online Racing) in GT 7

United States
United States
In order to create An Online Room or Club of classic Cars, or Cars with Manual Transmissions with Clutch and Shifters, like (AT or MT-Sequential or MT Clutch and H-Pattern Shifter) There needs to be limiters set into the options category for this preferred Transmission Option Race type, to create an even playing field in the room or Club you are hosting, because paddle shifters and Sequential Shifters have a big advantage over the Clutch and H-Pattern Shifter Transmissions.

Thrustmaster Shifter.jpg
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals.jpg thrustmaster-th8a-Sequential Shifter.jpg Thrustmaster- T300RS Padel Shifter.jpg thrustmaster-th8a-Sequential Shifter.jpgT300RS-Auto Transmission Pedals.jpg

Last edited:
If they could do it in A GT6 Update, that would be even better, Don't sleep on this option GT fans, this could be A Club all within it's self.

Last edited:
................Me no own pedals :D....
Seriously tho' I don't own a wheel/pedal set. I just use a dualshock 3 'cuz GT6 isn't the only game I have/I'm not the only person using the console/ I don't game on PC...

................Me no own pedals :D....
Seriously tho' I don't own a wheel/pedal set. I just use a dualshock 3 'cuz GT6 isn't the only game I have/I'm not the only person using the console/ I don't game on PC...

I don't have a shifter yet either I just bought Thrustmaster T80 and Ultimate Wheelstand
Thrustmaster T80.jpg wheel-stand-09.jpg

It has made my racing experience much more real, the wheel was $79.00 and the Wheelstand was $89.00, I use to play with the HKS Hipermaxiii
HKS Hipermax iii.jpg I Still use it sometimes, but I got the T80 just to see what it would be like to drive with a wheel, and after I get my PS4, then I will get the Thrusmaster T300RS with the clutch and shifter because I love classic cars, and I think driving them with a manual Clutch and Shifter transmission would enhance the realism, and if you wanted to open an online room or club there is no way to limit the transmission type, so I launched this thread for when I do get A T300RS so players can form a nostalgia club online, with clutch and shifter only transmissions.

This is a good idea and is something that PC sims are already onto. I'd take it a step or two further though. On top of transmission limitations, I'd also have "factory" button so that any car in the lobby can only be driven with factory settings. If it came with a clutch and shifter and no synchro or ABS, then you have to heel and toe to get it around the track. If it came with synchro but it didn't work very quickly with high rpm shifts it should be simulated and you could always heel and toe to speed things up. Likewise if it comes with paddles and autoclutch and throttle blip, that's how it drives on the track.
I'd also like to see a "DS4 Only" or "Wheel Only" option available to hosts.

The lack of an option to ban automatic transmission is something I've been complaining since GT5.
I play with a DS3 and I use manual transmission, I'd love to have the option to ban automatic transmission in my lobbies, banning aids and enabling heavy damage & strong penalties is a great way of keeping bad players out of my lobby.

FS7
I play with a DS3 and I use manual transmission,

You must have the dexterity of classical guitarist, I could never do that, I had to race in AT all the time, I just bought the Thrustmaster T80 last month, it was as low as $59.00 over December but now it's back up to $99.00, Coming from using DS3 controllers I love this wheel, excellent precision steering and peddle sensitivity, F1 Paddle shifters for MT on the wheel, I tried MT for the first time, IT WAS A BLAST!!! I still haven't mastered it but at least now I can utilize the MT option in my Super Cars, @FS7 you should give the T80 a try, guys that are use to, or prefer Force Feedback say it's garbage, but coming straight from a DS3 it is much more familiar when it comes feel, I love the wheel, and it is far cheaper than A Thrustmaster T300RS $399.99, I don't have a PS4 yet, so I had to save where I could, but after I get my PS4 for Project Cars, then I will try a Thrustmaster T300RS, and even if I come to love the T300RS I will always appreciate the T80 in being an excellent precision tool to assist me in to the Racing Wheel set transition.

You must have the dexterity of classical guitarist, I could never do that, I had to race in AT all the time,
Actually I'm a classical violinist, I have a masters degree in violin and I play in a professional symphonic orchestra.

As for MT on DS3, to me it was a matter of finding a good button setup. I use triggers for gas/brake, Y/triangle to shift up, X/square to shift down. That setup feels very natural to me.
I agree that wheel is better for racing games but a controller is more convenient to me. I don't have enough space for a wheel setup in my apartment, and the DS3 works with all my games on PS3 (racing, fighting, shooters, Fifa, etc), so for a average guy like myself controllers are more convenient. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

FS7
I don't have enough space for a wheel setup in my apartment

That Is very impressive each hand having two tasks, I could never do that LOL. My setup is very simple, and inexpensive

Thrustmaster T80.jpg wheel-stand-09.jpg

Ultimate WheelStand.jpg 41BoFA+5mpL.jpg
I Duct Tape my peddles to the base to the Ultimate Wheel Stand to keep it from moving, It folds up when not in use and it tucks away very nicely, I don't remove the Thrustmaster T80 from the Ultimate Wheel Stand when not in use, It will fit in a closet, mines fits right behind my TV stand, so when I want to race, it's just plug and play, they sell them on amazon.com for $89.00 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0084EG3ZA/?tag=gtplanet-20
If you ever change your mind. peace.

The Wheelstand Pro V2 Is A better Wheel Stand, because it has that Red clamp to hold the Foot peddles in place, while playing and storage, it cost $139.00 US Dollars or you can buy it from the UK

F458_Standing__73329.1411240634.1280.1280.jpg F458_Folded__08650.1411240736.1280.1280.jpg
http://www.wheelstandpro.us/Thrustmaster-Wheel-Stands/

1404327421-wheelstand-wheel-stand-pro-F458-Spider-T80-T100-V2 F V2.jpg 1404327441-wheelstand-wheel-stand-pro-F458-Spider-T80-T100-V2 F.jpg
Available in Red or Black
http://wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-thrustmaster-f458-f430-rgt-wheels---v2-rosso

Peace my friend.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back