Creative (and/or strange) ways to have fun in GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter calan_svc
  • 49 comments
  • 5,748 views
Messages
594
United States
OKC, U.S.
Messages
calansvc
Since apparently PD is leaving it up to us to figure out how to enjoy GT5, I figured I'd post up some of the sillyness that I found myself doing after several hours of grinding over the holidays.

1. Knock the tires over on Tokyo turn 1, and see how far you can push one around the track without having to go back. (I got one halfway through the long sweeping right-hander after the chicane).

2. Using said tires, arrange them on the track after turn one in an effort to cause one or more AI cars to catch some air and wreck.

3. Knock over all the protective barriers on the back turns of Tokyo, and use them as ramps and blockades for the AI cars.

4. Using one of the large rectangular barriers and a high HP car, see how far you can knock one.

5. Attempt the fastest lap possible on Laguna Seca while knocking over all white rectangular turn markers. Subtract a 1 second penalty for each missed marker.

6. Run 5 laps backwards at <insert track> from a standing start. You must avoid any contact with AI cars, and finish before they do.

I'll add some more when I remember them. :lol:

EDIT:

7. Similar to #5 above, attempt the fastest lap possible at Tsukuba while knocking over all the cones at the entrance to the pits.

8. When racing Laguna Seca, all of the cones between the track and pit exit must be treated as a slalom.
 
Last edited:
I've been drawing/writing with skidmarks, so far though it just looks like a really drawn out, long crash.
 
- Slalom around every 2 cones on TGTT... very tricky

- Playing Cops'n Robbers... no, I'll not play NFS... its just so fun in GT5... heres a video of me and friends doing it: http://www.vimeo.com/18057539

- Tunnel Drags on SSR7... its a blast... who never tried, should try!

- Doing "cheap car challenges" like top gear ones... think in a tight budget... like 15.000 then buy a crappy used car and go for like 2 laps on the ring at night and rain without even changing the oil. Then spend the rest of the money upgrading the car and do some power laps on the TGTT... who's the best spending less money wins.

- Car footbal... you'll need: 8 dodge rams or similar sized monster. lots of powa and a poor friend in a daihatsu midget to be a ball. The rest you know.
 
- Car footbal... you'll need: 8 dodge rams or similar sized monster. lots of powa and a poor friend in a daihatsu midget to be a ball. The rest you know.

LMAO

Awesome!
 
- Car footbal... you'll need: 8 dodge rams or similar sized monster. lots of powa and a poor friend in a daihatsu midget to be a ball. The rest you know.

:lol:
 
great ideas! keep them coming!

i like the football one, would it be done on the top gear track using the runway and either end as the goals?
 
- Playing Cops'n Robbers... no, I'll not play NFS... its just so fun in GT5... heres a video of me and friends doing it: http://www.vimeo.com/18057539

What is the object of the game, and what are the rules that you guys are playing by in that video?

(The T-bone at 6:06 is epic :) )
 
Last edited:
What is the object of the game, and what are the rules that you guys are playing by in that video?

Focus is the thief. Corvettes are the cops. The objective is to "box" and stop the thief. If we can stop it and keep it locked on some place for some time. The cops win. If we take too long to catch him, the thief win. You can set a number of time for the thief to have to beat the cops too.

We do for the fun, not for the game. Trust me. It's really really funny. Choosing really different and balanced cop and thief cars works well... We had 2 fully tuned black Audi Pikes Peaks as special force cars using slicks and the thief couldn't run away much.

Cops start stopped in some place, like if they are stopped for a coffee or donut. Then the thief passes by. We try to get as flamboyant-ish as we can... doing drifts and typical cop maneuvers...
 
-
- Playing Cops'n Robbers... no, I'll not play NFS... its just so fun in GT5... heres a video of me and friends doing it: http://www.vimeo.com/18057539

This one started off like cops 'n robbers but turned into bumper cars. Neat idea, though. Would be really cool to do a cops 'n robbers around a huge track like Nurburgring, with like one or 2 robbers and 10 cops or something.
 
This one started off like cops 'n robbers but turned into bumper cars. Neat idea, though. Would be really cool to do a cops 'n robbers around a huge track like Nurburgring, with like one or 2 robbers and 10 cops or something.

Well... Mr. Pernelli Bone... try that sometime. I guarantee that's very hard to stop the thief. Some violence may be required! =)

And as I said, we try to get as much fun and action as we can.

And your Nurburgring idea is a good one! :) We choose the TGTT because it has the "shortcut" in the middle, then we can used different tactics to stop the thief. We seriouslly need to try with more cops and thieves tho.
 
Would be really cool to do a cops 'n robbers around a huge track like Nurburgring, with like one or 2 robbers and 10 cops or something.

Now we're talking!

Have a few cops staged along the ring in various places (hidden?). Robber(s) takes off from the start, with the goal of making it to the finish within x amount of time. You could have road blocks, the works. Full damage on of course. :D

I like it...now if only I had friends. lol
 
Now we're talking!

Have a few cops staged along the ring in various places (hidden?). Robber(s) takes off from the start, with the goal of making it to the finish within x amount of time. You could have road blocks, the works. Full damage on of course. :D

I like it...now if only I had friends. lol

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

If I tell you that I was thinking exactly in this idea you would believe?

We seriouslly need to try that sometime... Cops strategically placed... Thief must finish the lap... AWESOME.
 
Usually what I do is race on arcade mode on my tracks. Its alot of fun..

I thought I was the only one that got bored with GT5 already. Right now I´m in a some sort of GT5/PS3 desintoxication process. Been one day without playing GT5 already! And also any other PS3 game. The good thing is that I have around 60 PS2 games. I´ve undusted my trusty old PS2 and started playing all of them. When I´m finished, I will undust my Game Cube and play the whole Resident Evil saga... Hopefully this will bring back my desire to play GT5 again...
 
Imagine all that action on the ring. Cops hidden... AT NIGHT. OMG. MUST. TRY. TONIGHT! :D
 
A new game...

Ring Run!

We need to come up with some simple rules and create a permanent online room for it.

************

I'm already looking over the ring map for strategic places for cop cars. LOL
 
A new game...

Ring Run!

We need to come up with some simple rules and create a permanent online room for it.

************

I'm already looking over the ring map for strategic places for cop cars. LOL

That's awesome! =) GT5 is the next Little Big Planet... "A platform for CAR games" LOL... just kidding, of course.

I just think we must have 2 or 3 thieves when the online room is full, otherwise the cops will be bored waiting 5 minutes for the robber to come by.

We'll gonna need donutz.
 
I like the cops and robbers idea we have here. Add me if you wanna give this a whirl.

PSN ID: WifeIsMad
 
A new game...

Ring Run!

We need to come up with some simple rules and create a permanent online room for it.

************

I'm already looking over the ring map for strategic places for cop cars. LOL

Yes!!! Sign me up!!!
 
Imagine all that action on the ring. Cops hidden... AT NIGHT. OMG. MUST. TRY. TONIGHT! :D

just drive a car with no lights (like the FGT) and you'll be invisible.
Now doing a lap at the ring at night with a FGT is a whole different problem though.
 
You know...you could have cops assigned to certain track sectors that they have to stay within; sort of like how police agencies have their own jurisdictions here in the states. If the robber crosses a "state line", the cops in pursuit have to back off and he is free until picked up by a cop in the next sector.

hmmmm.....

And I'm thinking we need a standardized car for the cops...maybe one of the Aussie cars. They both look like typical police cars, at least the ones around here. :D

(or maybe the Buick GNX...that thing can be modded quite a bit as well).
 
Shall we start a list of people interested in a cops and robbers type game...?

Interested People
PSN ID...

chris78cpr
WifeIsMad
striker123456798
calansvc
Snake55wildcat
peezypee
diegorborges
 
Last edited:
yes this just sounds awesome and another way to diversify GT5 even more, i love the ideas here, someone has to make a server at least for the Cops+Robbers / Dodge Ram[or any truck, or the Jay Leno Tank Car :D] football sometime soon, its an oppurtunity too good to miss

[my PSN is on the left, but incase that isnt enough, its my username anyway ;)]
 
Last edited:
My username at left: calansvc

I'm sitting here at the day job, almost sweating with the anticipation of taking off in a hopped up car at night and trying to make it to the end of the ring. LOL

Epic. :D

Since by definition it is a game of "intelligent" chasing and crashing, I just hope we can do it without it turning into some kind of free-for-all goofiness.
 
Last edited:
ok I'll add when I get home in roughly 2 hours.
 
This sounds very fun and promising guys! Let's all try to make some official rules for this "alternative" game mode of cops n robbers! I like the ideas of having the cops scattered all over the nurburgring, and the 2 robbers must make it to the finish line! Sounds very exciting. :)

Let's post more rules.
 
Back