Creative (and/or strange) ways to have fun in GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter calan_svc
  • 49 comments
  • 5,747 views
To anyone adding me, please add "Ring Run" to the request.
 
Just added everyone currently listed in my post num 26.

Currently Bspecing a Dream Car and only at Monza. Will be up for a run after that!

Lets discuss some rules!
 
Maybe the theif's car has to be below 300BHP and the cops can have between 300-600, or for an extra challenge everyone has similar specced cars, but all different makes for diversity? just throwing out some ideas here to see if they might be good :D

[and just for the sake of it, and for a joke, the theif has to have a car that has a spoiler that can be/is applied, so it looks boy racer-ish :lol: ]
 
We should aim to keep the cars relatively cheap so it means everyone can join in then for a small outlay. I reckon should choose a cop car and a robber car from the premium dealers and allow no mods?

Depends what cars everyone prefers to drive? FF/FR/4WD/MR?

I also vote for turning all assists off so that we get tail out, wheelspinning, crashes, spins, etc?
 
We should aim to keep the cars relatively cheap so it means everyone can join in then for a small outlay. I reckon should choose a cop car and a robber car from the premium dealers and allow no mods?
Sounds interesting, but some of the more cop/racer-ish cars are usually standards, like the hot-hatch cars. but i do like the idea.

Depends what cars everyone prefers to drive? FF/FR/4WD/MR?
having it limited to 1 drivetrain may be a little too limiting on what people could drive, but obviously no race cars allowed

I also vote for turning all assists off so that we get tail out, wheelspinning, crashes, spins, etc?
YES 👍
 
Sounds interesting, but some of the more cop/racer-ish cars are usually standards, like the hot-hatch cars. but i do like the idea.

having it limited to 1 drivetrain may be a little too limiting on what people could drive, but obviously no race cars allowed


YES 👍

Ok, you make some good points! lol. Shall we do the first one that can be any car under 300bhp?

Something like VW Golf GTI MkV's would be fun as one of the cars.

I also think that robbers should all have same cars in same colour, same with cops. Maybe white for cops and black for robbers?
 
Yea! you can add me. I'll be online really late tonight tho... around midnight my time (GMT-3, actually 7:16PM, still at work :( )

My ID is: diegorborges

I'll try to get there and check out the fun. If you guys do it, replays and pics posted somewhere are mandatory! :)

Liked how this turned out to be. For cop cars, well... typical cop cars.. the aussie sedans are good, GNX is good and any other typical cop car. For robbers, it can be kinda free within the hp limit, but robbers using premiums is good because of the damage! :)
 
Ok, you make some good points! lol. Shall we do the first one that can be any car under 300bhp?

Something like VW Golf GTI MkV's would be fun as one of the cars.

I also think that robbers should all have same cars in same colour, same with cops. Maybe white for cops and black for robbers?

Perfect... white for cops, black for robbers! :D

Cops should be most of the time on the grass... that'll make some challenge? Or no?
 
I'll be down for this definitely.

PSN: Stormtrooper2178
 
When we do the first run, we can feel how it turns out. But have in mind tire limitations. A 4wd car with soft slicks make it A LOT easier for the cops...
 
I like the idea of a robber being a Fast and Furious Douch aka riding in a Civic that is slammed with 10 degrees of camber and lots of front wheel spin. And of course neon green or orange or better yet highlighter yellow.

Cops: can be any normal sedan souped up all black or all white. M5 or the like?
 
picture.php


That was pretty fun.
 
This sounds like it could make for an interesting diversion. Add me and I'll hopefully join if I am not in the middle of something.

There is always the other old chestnut... Cat and Mouse. Would need to be in teams of two with one Cat and one Mouse in each team. Best done at the 'Ring. The Cat in each team has to assist in getting their Mouse to the Finish and also try to stop the opposing teams' Mice. Light car for Mouse ('91 Cappuccino or the new Fiat 500 sounds a good bet or maybe the CR-Z '10 for a little more power) and something bigger, heavier and faster for the Cats. One useful addition may be that you can only attack the lead mouse at any one time, so it would be one Cat trying to prevent their lead Mouse from being spun out or whatever.
 
Since apparently PD is leaving it up to us to figure out how to enjoy GT5

If you can't figure out how to enjoy GT5 :lol:, Maybe you need to look at Dirt/NFS for enjoyment.
 
If you can't figure out how to enjoy GT5 :lol:, Maybe you need to look at Dirt/NFS for enjoyment.

I play Dirt quite a bit actually, and I obviously HAVE figured out how to have fun in GT5. But thanks for ...well nothing I guess.

(There's one in every thread) :rolleyes:

************

So anyway, good idea on the other thread for the Ring Run guys. I'll be on tonight if I can get the family stuff done.

As for this thread... on with the wacky ideas!
 
Back