Credit bonuses

• Thread starter FS7
  • 16 comments

FS7

Brazil
Brazil
Has PD ever considered implementing credits bonuses in career and online races?

Like credit bonus for each driving aid that is disabled, credit bonus for enabling mechanical damage, credit bonus for enabling corner cutting penalties, and credit bonus for selecting higher AI difficulty. It would also be interesting to have credit bonus for clean laps & clean races.

Besides increasing payouts all those things would encourage players to improve their skill and get better at the game.

I've liked your question but it has been covered and expanded on in a few other question discussions further down the threads. I just don't remember which ones.

I've liked your question but it has been covered and expanded on in a few other question discussions further down the threads. I just don't remember which ones.
I did a search within the Q&A forum before posting but didn't find anything.

I do believe Forza does something similar (if not the same thing), and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement into the game. Seems very possible. You just got one more like! ;)👍

FS7
I'm surprised this question didn't get more votes.
Me too, I think this is brilliant..which is why I created another thread for it and missed this one altogether:dunce::dunce:. Here were my thoughts on this great idea:

Is it possible we will say a bonus/reward system implemented for online racing?

Here are a few examples of possible bonus items:

Difficulty Bonuses:
Use ABS only: +5%
No Aids: + 10%
Native Tires or Less: + 10%
Cockpit View: +10%
DS3 Bonus: +5% <<<< this is for you DS3 users :D

Good Racing Bonuses:
Clean Racer Bonus (only incidental or no contact) - +25%
Everyone is a clean racer Bonus - +10%
Keep it on the track bonus (no corner cutting penalties and never having all 4 wheels off the track - +5%

Persistence Bonuses:
Race 5 races without damage or incidents: +50% for the 5th, 10th race etc.
Race 5 races in the same lobby - 25% bonus at 5th, 10th, 15th race etc.
Pass 10 drivers without contact bonus - 25% each time you pass 10 drivers over any given number of races.
Everyone is a clean racer for 5 consecutive races Bonus: +100% for all drivers after 5, 10, 15 etc. races.

Notice that none of the bonuses reward winning, consecutive wins, podiums etc. This is by design. My aim would be to encourage participation and clean driving, much more than victory. In fact, I'd try and set it up so a clean driver finishing 2nd or 3rd would actually have a higher payout than someone finishing first with an incident. People venturing online and finishing at the back of the grid can still be encouraged by higher initial payouts and the huge bonuses paid for non-performance items.

A reward system for clean driving will encourage drivers to be smarter to earn the bonus, and just as important, encourage hosts to deal with dirty drivers in order for the room to get the, "Everyone is a clean racer" bonus.

To me this seems a simple and easy to program, yet potentially extremely effective solution to low payouts and to encourage good, clean racing at the same time.

Me too, I think this is brilliant..which is why I created another thread for it and missed this one altogether:dunce::dunce:. Here were my thoughts on this great idea:

Is it possible we will say a bonus/reward system implemented for online racing?

Here are a few examples of possible bonus items:

Difficulty Bonuses:
Use ABS only: +5%
No Aids: + 10%
Native Tires or Less: + 10%
Cockpit View: +10%
DS3 Bonus: +5% <<<< this is for you DS3 users :D

Good Racing Bonuses:
Clean Racer Bonus (only incidental or no contact) - +25%
Everyone is a clean racer Bonus - +10%
Keep it on the track bonus (no corner cutting penalties and never having all 4 wheels off the track - +5%

Persistence Bonuses:
Race 5 races without damage or incidents: +50% for the 5th, 10th race etc.
Race 5 races in the same lobby - 25% bonus at 5th, 10th, 15th race etc.
Pass 10 drivers without contact bonus - 25% each time you pass 10 drivers over any given number of races.
Everyone is a clean racer for 5 consecutive races Bonus: +100% for all drivers after 5, 10, 15 etc. races.

Notice that none of the bonuses reward winning, consecutive wins, podiums etc. This is by design. My aim would be to encourage participation and clean driving, much more than victory. In fact, I'd try and set it up so a clean driver finishing 2nd or 3rd would actually have a higher payout than someone finishing first with an incident. People venturing online and finishing at the back of the grid can still be encouraged by higher initial payouts and the huge bonuses paid for non-performance items.

A reward system for clean driving will encourage drivers to be smarter to earn the bonus, and just as important, encourage hosts to deal with dirty drivers in order for the room to get the, "Everyone is a clean racer" bonus.

To me this seems a simple and easy to program, yet potentially extremely effective solution to low payouts and to encourage good, clean racing at the same time.
FS7
Has PD ever considered implementing credits bonuses in career and online races?

Like credit bonus for each driving aid that is disabled, credit bonus for enabling mechanical damage, credit bonus for enabling corner cutting penalties, and credit bonus for selecting higher AI difficulty. It would also be interesting to have credit bonus for clean laps & clean races.

Besides increasing payouts all those things would encourage players to improve their skill and get better at the game.

Why not start with the GT5 season events option, Lesser pp gives more credits.
600pp race with a 500pp car just like the season events in GT5.
Normal gamers earn the normal price.
Better gamers earn the normal price plus the bonus price added.

I have only GT5 gamedata and GT6 gamedata on my console, but GT6 is acting wierd now.
Loading takes longer, small texture glitches are visible, the car sound is getting wierd sometimes.
Adding this will make the game more unstable then it is getting now.

Have you tried a safe mode file restore? (Third option-not the one that wipes the hard drive.) I'm sure if you looked at the support thread, you could find some similar issues.

Good luck. I hate to hear that anyone's game is having problems.

Why not start with the GT5 season events option, Lesser pp gives more credits.
600pp race with a 500pp car just like the season events in GT5.
Normal gamers earn the normal price.
Better gamers earn the normal price plus the bonus price added.
That in addition to the other ideas in this thread would be good too.

FS7
That in addition to the other ideas in this thread would be good too.
I did the last "tous france" at monza in gt5 with 450pp and got 700.000credits. then reduced it to 394pp and got 1.6million credits for the same race.
How much credits do you want to win in one race?
if you want all the changes, then i don't think that every aid you don't use, or reduce pp, will result in a big amount of credits.

If polyphony agrees to these ideas.

I did the last "tous france" at monza in gt5 with 450pp and got 700.000credits. then reduced it to 394pp and got 1.6million credits for the same race.
How much credits do you want to win in one race?
if you want all the changes, then i don't think that every aid you don't use, or reduce pp, will result in a big amount of credits.

If polyphony agrees to these ideas.
It's not just about the credits though. Adding credit bonuses adds to the depth and replayability of the entire offline aspect of the game.

I like the DS3 bonus that @Johnnypenso posed. :lol: Not to mention rewarding cleanliness--After all, it is next to cleavage. (Look in the dictionary, godliness appears much later.)
@dddsprayshop how did reducing PP increase the payout? I'd love something like that.

I like the DS3 bonus that @Johnnypenso posed. :lol: Not to mention rewarding cleanliness--After all, it is next to cleavage. (Look in the dictionary, godliness appears much later.)
@dddsprayshop how did reducing PP increase the payout? I'd love something like that.
Well it was mentioned at that online season event in GT5.Not all of them, but there were a couple.
Some events had a bonus rule, event is 530pp, but use a 470pp and your winning will almost double.

Well it was mentioned at that online season event in GT5.Not all of them, but there were a couple.
Some events had a bonus rule, event is 530pp, but use a 470pp and your winning will almost double.
Ah okay, only played GT5 about three hours total and none of that was online.

I got Grid Autosport recently, I noticed that there are XP bonuses for turning aids off, turning damage on, increasing AI difficulty, and also an option to to adjust race length between 1x-5x with XP being adjusted accordingly.

............As long as I'm not the one being penalized when an idiotic AI decides I'd look prettier on the sandtrap and punts me into one, I'm all in. 👍👍

Back