Croissant Sport: PP500 205 Turbo 16 & PP600 Citroën GT

Small bonus for the weekend! :crazy:

ENJOY :D
11482520843_843b4b7b2b_c.jpg

11482516653_b3c2b80d49_c.jpg

11482394055_22d09abc99_c.jpg

The 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car from 1985 developed by Peugeot Sport and Jean Todt is a beast to say at least. The car is very fast but during testing I struggled a lot with keeping it on track with the DS3 controller. After tuning I reached a 2.16 flat on Bathurst and with a better driver I am sure the car can shave off even a few more seconds. The corner section before the dropoff on the bathurst track can be almost taken flatout. Very exciting to say at least. Hopefully there are a few testdrivers who can give it a proper run. Really would like to know what is possible with this French lady on Bathurst.

All tuning and testing was done on the Bathurst track.

ENJOY :cheers:

11478499675_d55e6e5cfb_c.jpg

11478634555_04910e37b2_c.jpg

11478600076_2fe37b9ff5_c.jpg

The car felt good at the start of the race and I figured I could work my way through the field, that was until I got to the twisty bits and then things went wrong, it seemed to over rotate for me and I lost confidence in the heavy braking I needed to make for the small turns. I wasn't expecting this from this car, so figured the front was maybe too soft, now don't get me wrong I am no way qualified to point out what's wrong with a tune, there's many tuners here who can do that, with a hell of a lot more experience than me, my tuning's normally done by feel. So I changed the front springs (11.76), rear dampers compression (4) and rear dampers extension (6). To me it felt better and I quickly got the confidence back in the car.
I use a wheel and all aids are off, ABS was set to 1 as per the tuners post, this car looks promising in a faster drivers hands who knows Mount panorama, I did a feeler lap then a fast lap in free run after making the changes and clocked a 2.11.803.
Maybe the changes were just needed because of the wheel or maybe my driving style, apart from that very nice car from doblocruiser.

Hi Bee_Bee,

Thanks for your feedback 👍 and let me say this: you are just as qualified as anyone else here in this forum to say what you think of a tune! I am happy with the feedback you gave me. The problem with over rotating was exactly my issue in the beginning and that's what I tried to sort out. It also seems that our approach to the twisty section is different and I will definitely try stiffen up the front a little to see what effect it has on me. I probably loose all those 4 seconds just in this section :lol:

In the end you give constructive feedback and that helps me become a better tuner. :cheers:

Maybe the twisty section is easier to catch with the controller?

Hi Doblo,
I tested the 205, and for a moment I thought Harry Vatanen :D
indeed, very effective on Mount Panorama, nice job, I like this car 👍
thank you and good Sunday

EDIT: ah, I see that Bee-Bee change some parameters ...
I must then try

Back