CSL DD + DriveHub, Disconnects on Idle

• Thread starter ntfsgtr
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
Been using DriveHub with my CSL Elite wheel base for many years with no issues.

Recently I upgraded to CSL DD. The combo with of CSL DD + DriveHub has been working fine until recently, on Idle, the entire Fanatec system stops working.
DriveHub is still on and shows 0, but no response from any input.

I have to fix this by disconnecting the DriveHub power and plug it back in and sometimes it takes few attempts.

Anyone else with this a combination of CSL DD + DriveHub have similar issues?

Both hardware is on latest firmware.

Thanks

Been using DriveHub with my CSL Elite wheel base for many years with no issues.

Recently I upgraded to CSL DD. The combo with of CSL DD + DriveHub has been working fine until recently, on Idle, the entire Fanatec system stops working.
DriveHub is still on and shows 0, but no response from any input.

I have to fix this by disconnecting the DriveHub power and plug it back in and sometimes it takes few attempts.

Anyone else with this a combination of CSL DD + DriveHub have similar issues?

Both hardware is on latest firmware.

Thanks
I have that combination and I can't get it to work, I have updated the drivehub to the latest version and it still doesn't work. Have you managed to make it work?

I have that combination and I can't get it to work, I have updated the drivehub to the latest version and it still doesn't work. Have you managed to make it work?
I have no experience with DriveHub, but is your CSL DD in yellow CSW V2.5 Compatibility mode?

I have no experience with DriveHub, but is your CSL DD in yellow CSW V2.5 Compatibility mode?
I have it in CSW V2.5 mode and it doesn't work for me. I get the number "0" in the drivehub but it doesn't work. I don't understand why it doesn't work

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

Last edited:
I have the same issue.
I'm on PS4, I have the wheel on CSW2.5.
And yeah, it disconnects on idle.
If anyone can help that'll be great

Latest firmware. It's past the beta stage I think

Maybe the version is too far updated? That can't be can it?
The opposite. The latest non-beta version is much older than the latest beta version, and doesn't work properly with GT7. You need to update the firmware and manually choose 2.08 beta 12, which is the newest firmware. If I recall there's a check box on the firmware update software and whenever you click it a dropdown box will appear and you can manually select the firmware version.

The opposite. The latest non-beta version is much older than the latest beta version, and doesn't work properly with GT7. You need to update the firmware and manually choose 2.08 beta 12, which is the newest firmware. If I recall there's a check box on the firmware update software and whenever you click it a dropdown box will appear and you can manually select the firmware version.
Alright, thanks

It works! Kinda...
It works now, 2.08 beta 12 works.
So to use, you need to plug in everything except the wheel nor the drivehub to the PS4.
Then connect the wheel first and quickly connect the drivehub to the PS4.
One issue... It disconnects after about 15 mins.
Do I need the Hori Controller even if I'm on PS4 or is that another issue I don't know about?

Last edited:
I have the disconnect issue with old Fanatec GT2 + Drivehub + Hori mini. It disconnects after xx min if in idle or even when driving. I'm still testing and just typing this started to wonder for if I should use the Hori on Menus so that PS5 will get "licenced input" from Hori. It was said somewhere, that PS5 checks the controller license every 15 min. and i did test that with a timer. --> 15 Min idle after turning PS5 on and testing that the wheel buttons worked in the menu and the connection was lost. I disconnected the Hori from Drive hub and reconnected and it worked again. So for some reason the License chip info does not stay in contact with PS5. - Not my native language, but hope you got my point.
After some more testing I noticed that it does not take 15 min, it's lot less than that when it disconnects on idle.

Any Idea why the Hori license chip data is not active. This compo worked fine for a 2 Weeks, but now I'm trying my hands on GT series race and the *retry option has been used quite lot so I'm not using the Hori as much as with the easier 2-4 laps races with slower cars.

Drive hub shows the green leafs and 0 with plinking " . " And i downloaded the 2.08 ..there is 2.09 beta available - not tested yet. (26-Jul-2022)

Did PS5 get some update recently that could affect this ?

EDIT: It's The Hori mini pad... the controller loses communication after 8 minutes even when connected directly to PS5. - With out Drive Hub in the same room- *Le'fu I tried to play some PS4 games that are supposed to work with PS4 pads, but still the 8 minutes rule applied.

EDIT 2: New pad fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Back