CSL elite gas pedal squeaking.

• Thread starter OGsoda
  • 7 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Hey. After a couple of months my gas pedal is starting to squeak. Where exactly do I apply lubricant without detaching the pedals from my stand?

Thanks!

Try spraying with a lubricant where the pedal arm connects to the round bar. Perhaps WD-40 or better yet a lithium grease spray

Thanks for the fast reply! I actually bought the lithium grease! Still not 100% sure where I should apply it (English is not my native language).

Do you mean the metallic part at the bottom of the arm? It looks like a spring actually.

Just swing down to a local auto parts store and buy some lithium grease. I had some sqeaking with my V3 pedals and it fixed everything. All I had on me was some hi-temp lithium grease that I use for an AK that originally cost me 5 bucks for a tub that will last for centuries. (you also need to put enough so that you can't see it, as in a very very small amount on a cotton swab)

Lithium grease, ftw like mentioned earlier. I have a huge tube that I'll never use all of in my lifetime :lol:

Jerome

Cant find a definitve answer so will ask here. Where I am from Ball bearing grease is more widely available. Is there any major difference with Lithium Grease?

Cant find a definitve answer so will ask here. Where I am from Ball bearing grease is more widely available. Is there any major difference with Lithium Grease?
Ball bearing grease can be a lithium grease. The wheel bearing grease usually just means it can withstand high temperature vs a type of grease you would use for control arms or ball joints.

For what you plan on using it for it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the fast reply! I actually bought the lithium grease! Still not 100% sure where I should apply it (English is not my native language).

Do you mean the metallic part at the bottom of the arm? It looks like a spring actually.

This should give you an idea. Anywhere you have metal on metal contact and movement, apply a small amount of grease and you'll be fine.

Back