Csl elite problem after patch

United States
United States
anyone else notice the csl elite isn’t adjusting steering sensitivity automatically anymore depending what car you drive? Not a huge problem as you can adjust it manually but still...wasn’t a problem before
Other then that pretty awesome patch!

Yeah, i was getting spooked like the optical sensor was dusty already, glad someone else noticed something. What sen #s are you using for gr.3 and .4?

I have never used auto steering sens on my Elite, I use 45-65 on my manual adjustment depending on the car, there seems to be a wide range of sensitivity in the cars, even just Gr3 &4

I used to mess with that, but haven't in i cant remember how long. I was told to run default across the board (excluding brf if u lc)per customer support . 65 seems close to my memory pan, oh well deal or back to the drawing board.

Having this problem too. There is a little workaround. Switch the wheel into compatibility mode (the purple light). Now once you start a race or an event of some kind, the wheel rotation will match the car. Now, as soon as the countdown ends and you start driving, pause the game, switch the wheel into PS4 mode, and there ya go. It still matches the rotation and you don’t have to deal with the oscillation of the compatibility mode! You do have to do this every time you switch cars though =/

Yeah, i was getting spooked like the optical sensor was dusty already, glad someone else noticed something. What sen #s are you using for gr.3 and .4?
I’m using 70 for gr4, which is 700 degree rotation and 54 (540) for gr3. From what I noticed every gr1, gr2, and gr3 car uses 54, every gr4 uses 70. You can check this by going into cockpit view and while at a complete stop turn the wheel 90 degrees either direction see if the on screen wheel matches up. Road cars are a bit different I think anywhere from 108 (1080) to 70 (700). The slower cars tend to have 108 the fastest ones 70, easy to check with cockpit view though

I have never used auto steering sens on my Elite, I use 45-65 on my manual adjustment depending on the car, there seems to be a wide range of sensitivity in the cars, even just Gr3 &4
I didn’t check on all the gr3 and gr4 cars but the ones I did I always noticed gr3 is at 54 setting on the wheel and all gr4 I checked were always 70. I always thought that was true for every gr3 and gr4. 54 being 540 degrees and 70=700.
All gr1 and gr2 I think may be 54 as well.
You can check my turning the wheel in cockpit view see if it matches your input

After update 1.23, imput lag on the v2 and csl pedals whit It can not be dust in the optical sensor because it does not have, it has sensor hall. The steering wheel is slowed down until navigating through the menu. impossible to drive with terrible fluctuations. . v1.23 needs an fix patch urgently.

oh boy....

They still don't fully support the CSL Elite (rev lights, pedals rumbles, wheels rumbles...) and at this point I don't think they ever will. But they've managed to break the automatic steering wheel sensitivity ! :banghead:

Last edited:
After update 1.23, imput lag on the v2 and csl pedals whit It can not be dust in the optical sensor because it does not have, it has sensor hall. The steering wheel is slowed down until navigating through the menu. impossible to drive with terrible fluctuations. . v1.23 needs an fix patch urgently.
I have same problem ! CSW V2 is now not working in F mode. Only able to use in L mode

The same with me ... CSW V2 with Drive Hub in F Mode impossible to drive .... bad input lags even in the GT-S Menue ....

I´m curious if the workaround also works with the CSW V2 + Drive Hub

Best work around for that is to launch ur drivehub, those things are junk and will always have input lag.
My brother is still p.offed at me for recommending that to him overjust buying a compatible base(which he had to do anyway to work around the input lag).
But good luck with that though, i hope drivehub can patch the latest patch to patch it out?

I also have the CSL Elite, but the CSW V2 + Drive Hub is a lot better to drive. Absolutely no input lags till the latest update - also works perfect for pCars2. The problem is not the Drive Hub but Polyphony

I agree, PD wants everyone to buy a sony licensed product(im sure Microsoft as well), not the rogue box run thru a spider of wires to their ds4 that cuts into their partnership's license agreement.

Last edited:
I recommended the DH and also recommended he launch it after watching hours of him missing brake zones and entry points and was shaking my head wondering who his real parents were? He was on the brink of a emotional sim racer breakdown and retreating and Then he scored a compatible base. Thank the lord jebus, because i love my brother, but love racing with him alot more.

What do you mean ? Your IRL wheel angle doesn't match the one in the game ?
Yes, the cockpit cam wheel in game lags severely, the work around using the different modes worked ,but manual sen adjustments to taste is my current solution.

I went back to purple mode. I'm tired of chasing my tail trying to figure out settings.

Keith.
Dear brother, not much to chase. Manually adjust your sen, 540° was a bit twitchy for me and what ive been doin(gr3), 600ish like previously mentioned is on par to what i was experiencing with sen set to auto. Im sure when i roll out a gr.4, 650-700° will probably be the way. Sorry i cant help with any of the street stocks, if i wanna drive a honda fit or some other junk, ill go drive a real one.
Edit- i drove a gr4 and it seemed normal with sen on auto, will have to go back and check the gr3 again, maybe it was just late at night or something else?

Last edited:
Dear brother, not much to chase. Manually adjust your sen, 540° was a bit twitchy for me and what ive been doin(gr3), 600ish like previously mentioned is on par to what i was experiencing with sen set to auto. Im sure when i roll out a gr.4, 650-700° will probably be the way. Sorry i cant help with any of the street stocks, if i wanna drive a honda fit or some other junk, ill go drive a real one.

I have manually changed the settings numerous times, but the feel isn't the same. In addition to that, the steering and throttle response is way off. I even tried re-installing the firmware and drivers to no avail.

Keith.

I had some compatibity issues with my TM wheel in one of the big updates. As i recall it was fixed quite quickly in a small update after a week. So just be a little patient guys and use the suggested workarounds in the mean time.

I have manually changed the settings numerous times, but the feel isn't the same. In addition to that, the steering and throttle response is way off. I even tried re-installing the firmware and drivers to no avail.

Keith.
Still noticed none of those pedal input issues, are u sure u aren't mistaking that for the new tire model ? Kinda sounds like some of what you describe , which if true would explain the cockpit steering being off a lil if they messed up some code in that regard, but the steering being the only thing that can be altered via sen.
I had some compatibity issues with my TM wheel in one of the big updates. As i recall it was fixed quite quickly in a small update after a week. So just be a little patient guys and use the suggested workarounds in the mean time.
And this was my next bullet point, thank u sir.

gr4 cars feel fine to me with auto sens.
However driving f1 is impossible (I have to do full 360 deg wheel rotation in chicanes), so clearly auto sens doesn't work as expected.
Didn't notice gotten worse input lag though.

Pre update, my SEN was on Auto, post update, I went to Sen of 90 I believe and it feels alot better. I don't think it's an input lag issue as much as it is a "free play" issue. My CSL wheel had A LOT of play in the steering in Gr race cars.

All perfect with v2.5 + v3i (DriveHub of course) in Fanatec mode, even better than before, everything feels more and really sharp the FFB.

Regards!!

Latest Posts

Back