CSL Elite slight rattle, anyone able to help

• Thread starter EndoeONE
  • 14 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi,
I finally got my CSL Elite working on GT Sport.Now the problem I'm having is the wheel I guess for want of a better term slightly rattles when I get I'm assuming wheelspin, a little to much for my liking, it's simply not smooth enough overall.It doesn't happen on PC2 on the PC so it's not a wheel problem,I'm hoping someone here will know which settings I'd look into to dial this out, don't get me wrong I'm happy to have feedback on wheelspin, the same amount as if I'm going over a ripple strip, as I said the wheel just doesn't feel smooth enough overall, not just wheelspin ,(I think)).I have the latest firmware, perhaps someone knows what I'm talking about or has a great GtSport setup they could share with me,I'd be so grateful.
Thanks everyone one in advance.
Endoe I

The thing with the 'burst like shaking' in GTS is that it's way stronger than any other FFB detail in game. It's more violent than driving over a high curb or off-roading.
Not sure if it's stregth is constant across all in-game FFB torque values, but i've found that the lighter the in-game value is the more pronounced the effect will be (compared to other FFB details). Something GTS/PD should have patched already.

Hi,
I finally got my CSL Elite working on GT Sport.Now the problem I'm having is the wheel I guess for want of a better term slightly rattles when I get I'm assuming wheelspin, a little to much for my liking, it's simply not smooth enough overall.It doesn't happen on PC2 on the PC so it's not a wheel problem,I'm hoping someone here will know which settings I'd look into to dial this out, don't get me wrong I'm happy to have feedback on wheelspin, the same amount as if I'm going over a ripple strip, as I said the wheel just doesn't feel smooth enough overall, not just wheelspin ,(I think)).I have the latest firmware, perhaps someone knows what I'm talking about or has a great GtSport setup they could share with me,I'd be so grateful.
Thanks everyone one in advance.
Endoe I

That rattling is quite probably "clipping".
I had to search myself 4 quite a long time before i found something i was satisfied with.
It really gives me a much better feeling of what the car is doing.
Hope you like it.

Base settings are:

SEN auto
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS 100
DRI OFF
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 60
FEI 30

Ingame

Controller -2
FFT 6
FFS 10

Try turning you FEI setting down all the way to the minimum setting. Then gradually turn it up to your personal preference. That should help.

Keith.

If you're referring to the way the wheel vibrates on oversteer...I initially thought it was an intended effect, although now I'm leaning towards it being a bug. I posted up a thread about it here if you're interested; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gts-force-feedback-problems-thread.387050/

Or, if that's not what you meant, the only other thing I can think of is the way Countersteering Assist interferes with FFB signals; so try turning it off & see how it feels then.

👍

And if you simply can't find any setup that suits you, you can always try using the purple mode (hold mode button for few seconds). That should remove the understeer effect.

P.s. don't think it's caused by clipping as it's present even with the lowest FFB settings.

Thanks everyone,Damien black I definitely try out your settings.I tried someone else's yesterday and there was basically no feel at all, hopefully yours it's what I'm after. Yeah the sensation it quite off, seems a bit of wheelspin will give me as much ffbas running over rublestrips and as I said the wheel is not smooth at all all the way through, will definitely try you guys ideas, thanks again.
Endoe
When the CSL is clipping it becomes very smooth.

I use a different brand of wheel. As a quick search of GTP forum revealed no recent results apart from this thread, can someone define & explain the term "clipping"?

I use a different brand of wheel. As a quick search of GTP forum revealed no recent results apart from this thread, can someone define & explain the term "clipping"?

Its distortion from overdriving the motor.
Settings too high then it clips/sends a distorted signal.

I just compared the "official" Fanatec settings with mine.
For ME the steering fells too light, and i miss feedback from the surface.
But as always it comes down to personal preferences. :)

Back