CSW compatibility with G25 pedals

• Thread starter cap6760
  • 29 comments
Spain
Spain
windracing
I don´t know if Thomas has answered this in another thread but I don´t understand why G25/27 pedals will not be compatible with Fanatec CSW??
Both are for PC/PS3 use...
Excuse my ignorance.

It's not answered yet, I don't have a clue why it isn't according to the chart as it could easily be. Also I found it weird that Thomas wanted no limitations but this being one of them. Besides there are enough people with modded pedals out there that want to keep them.

Any opinion or response from you guys, testers, users of fanatec and logitech....
I ´ll buy the CSW 100 % sure, but I want to stick with my G25.

It was implemented when the wheel released wasn't it?
It's 5$ on their site.

One year after, and still waiting¡¡¡¡

Ask Mayaman about the adapter for the pedals. If memory serves right, I believe he tested it for his community test review of the CSW.

You know, after looking that adapter doesn't list the CSW or the elite does it? Maybe it's not supported.

I never tested my modded G27 pedals. Im planning on it eventually after I move. Sorry, everything is packed up

I thought you did. My bad.
Sorry for the confusion.

ps. Good luck with the move. ;)

I never tested my modded G27 pedals. Im planning on it eventually after I move. Sorry, everything is packed up

If you have a Perfect Pedal, DO NOT connect them to the Fanatec adapter and wheel.

The Fanatec adapter reverses the voltage going into G25 and G27 pedals. This is because Fanatec wheels voltage goes from high to low as you press a pedal. The pots in the Logitech pedals are made to the go other way. This requires that the voltage going into the Logitech pedals be reversed to work with the Fanatec wheels.

This would then in turn send the "reverse" voltage to your perfect pedal as well. You'd have to check with Perfect Pedal to be sure on connections. I don't know if they have an option to do this. If you connect the Perfect Pedal so it's polarity is correct, it will then output a voltage that increases as the pedal is pressed, this will also not work with the wheel. If need be, I can give you a circuit diagram that will "reverse" the voltage coming out of the pedal so the wheel understands it.

Anyhow, I just wanted to warn you before you potentially destroy that expensive pedal ;)

Basher thanks, please forward me the correct way to use the G pedals with either the CSR elite or CSW.

Thanks again

If you have a Perfect Pedal, DO NOT connect them to the Fanatec adapter and wheel.

The Fanatec adapter reverses the voltage going into G25 and G27 pedals. This is because Fanatec wheels voltage goes from high to low as you press a pedal. The pots in the Logitech pedals are made to the go other way. This requires that the voltage going into the Logitech pedals be reversed to work with the Fanatec wheels.

This would then in turn send the "reverse" voltage to your perfect pedal as well. You'd have to check with Perfect Pedal to be sure on connections. I don't know if they have an option to do this. If you connect the Perfect Pedal so it's polarity is correct, it will then output a voltage that increases as the pedal is pressed, this will also not work with the wheel. If need be, I can give you a circuit diagram that will "reverse" the voltage coming out of the pedal so the wheel understands it.

Anyhow, I just wanted to warn you before you potentially destroy that expensive pedal ;)

I have G27 pedals with Perfect Pedal mod and I have been using them on my CSW with no problem since Oct. I wonder if my Pedal is different? (I've had the perfect pedal for almost two years)

Last edited:
I have a G27 with Perfect Pedal mod and I have been using them on my CSW with no problem since Oct. I wonder if my Pedal is different? (I've had the perfect pedal for almost two years)

Are they plugged into the CSW directly via an adapter or connected to a PC via a Bodnar cable or similar?

Are they plugged into the CSW directly via an adapter or connected to a PC via a Bodnar cable or similar?

I'm using the Fanatec G25/27 wheel adapter connected to my CSW. I'm also using it in PS3 mode so I wonder if that makes a difference ?

That's very strange. The reason why is that in order to make an adapter so that G25/G27 pedals work with Fanatec wheels, polarity is reversed going into the pedals. Given this, if you previously were using your pedal set with a Logitech wheel and did not change the wiring, you are now sending voltage "the wrong way" into the Perfect Pedal.

Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how the Perfect Pedal works and sending it reverse voltage is not an issue. That is apparently how you have it connected when using it with a Bodnar Cable.

There are however apparently some extra steps that should be taken when using a Bodnar Cable. Here are the instructions: http://www.perfectpedal.com/includes/instructions/bodner.pdf my guess is that this application would not be much different.

That said... If it works, great. :) I was under the impression from their instructions that connecting it backwards would cause damage to the circuit board. However, depending on what the IC actually is that they have on there and how it's connected, I guess it may not be an issue. If it was JUST the pressure sensor it certainly would make no difference.

Carry on I suppose. :) Just wanted to be careful is all.

Well I unfortunately don't have that much technical know how but I'm glad my Perfect Pedal works with my CSW. It was expensive and didn't want to give it up.

So, I thought about this some more... Although your pedal is working, I still wonder if it should be connected like that. (though like you said you have been using it like that for some time now without issue)

My concern is this and sorry to be technical about it:

A cable like the Bodnar cable will have 5 pins that are used. 3 will be for the pedal signals and 2 will be for the voltage.

The Bodnar cable reverses these voltages for it's own purposes, in which case it's sending voltage to the pedals with the same polarity as your CSW and adapter would.

Here is where things get hairy... See, all of the pedals get this same reverse polarity. This is the reason why the Perfect Pedal instructions for the Bodnar cable state to reverse the wires. (red to black, black to red) This then makes the voltage going into the Perfect Pedal the correct polarity.

My advice honestly, even though you have been using it like this without issue, is to contact Perfect Pedal and ask them about this.

I also have the perfect pedal and didnt reverse any wires or remove the black wire. For the first year I had it hooked directly to the G27. After switching to PC I bought the bodnar cable and pluged my pedals into the pc, didnt change anything. Havent had any issues what so ever.

The perfect pedal people must be putting this in their docs just to cover their butts then:

If at some time in the future you want to use the Perfect Pedal without the Bodnar
cable, BEFOR plugging the pedal set directly into the G25/27 you will have to
switch the connections so they are:
Red to Red
Black to Black
White to White
There is no need to reconnect the black ground wires.
CATION: Plugging a Perfect Pedal equipped Logitech pedal assembly into a
Bodnar cable or the G25/27 with the improper wiring connections can cause
damage to the computer, the Perfect Pedal, the G25/27 or all of the above!

I was just sitting hear thinking about this and now remember why I didnt switch mine. The early versions of the bodnar cable (box actually) need to be reversed, but that was fixed in the newer version (cable). With Leo's calibration tool you can know reverse the pedal inputs while calibrating your pedals.

So, I thought about this some more... Although your pedal is working, I still wonder if it should be connected like that. (though like you said you have been using it like that for some time now without issue)

My concern is this and sorry to be technical about it:

A cable like the Bodnar cable will have 5 pins that are used. 3 will be for the pedal signals and 2 will be for the voltage.

The Bodnar cable reverses these voltages for it's own purposes, in which case it's sending voltage to the pedals with the same polarity as your CSW and adapter would.

Here is where things get hairy... See, all of the pedals get this same reverse polarity. This is the reason why the Perfect Pedal instructions for the Bodnar cable state to reverse the wires. (red to black, black to red) This then makes the voltage going into the Perfect Pedal the correct polarity.

My advice honestly, even though you have been using it like this without issue, is to contact Perfect Pedal and ask them about this.

I understand what your saying and I appreciate it. I'm glad that you don't mind sharing your knowledge and help people on here 👍

From what I have read here and on the Fanatec site, I take it that the G27 pedals can be used with the CSW base provided you use this connector 'PWPEDALCG25' from their site?

I intend to use the CSW base with my G27 pedals in both iracing/PC and GT5/PS3.

On PC I will just use the G27 Pedals with my already existing bodnar cable via USB, and then the CSW base also to another USB on the PC, no problems.

However for PS3, I assume I need to use the G27 pedals, plugged into the PWPEDALCG25 device, which then plugs into the CSW base. The website says that G27 Pedals is supported (as per Bashers post), but what they don't specify is whether that is only in PC mode, or PS3 mode, or both. Additionally the website does not mention the CSW as being supported on the Adaptors page. So I'm in two minds as to which is actually correct.

Is anyone using the CSW base with G27 pedals with PS3/GT5? Bear in mind I have not done any mods such as Perfect Pedal, just standard G27 Pedals. If it is supported, does the polarity issue Basher mentioned ONLY for those using Perfect Pedal, as mine are completely standard?

Finally, if anyone can confirm it, did you have to buy the adapter or was it actually in the CSW base package already?

I don't have a CSW yet, but am considering it based on this compatibility.

From what I have read here and on the Fanatec site, I take it that the G27 pedals can be used with the CSW base provided you use this connector 'PWPEDALCG25' from their site?

I intend to use the CSW base with my G27 pedals in both iracing/PC and GT5/PS3.

On PC I will just use the G27 Pedals with my already existing bodnar cable via USB, and then the CSW base also to another USB on the PC, no problems.

However for PS3, I assume I need to use the G27 pedals, plugged into the PWPEDALCG25 device, which then plugs into the CSW base. The website says that G27 Pedals is supported (as per Bashers post), but what they don't specify is whether that is only in PC mode, or PS3 mode, or both. Additionally the website does not mention the CSW as being supported on the Adaptors page. So I'm in two minds as to which is actually correct.

Is anyone using the CSW base with G27 pedals with PS3/GT5? Bear in mind I have not done any mods such as Perfect Pedal, just standard G27 Pedals. If it is supported, does the polarity issue Basher mentioned ONLY for those using Perfect Pedal, as mine are completely standard?

Finally, if anyone can confirm it, did you have to buy the adapter or was it actually in the CSW base package already?

I don't have a CSW yet, but am considering it based on this compatibility.

The perfect pedal with GT5 isnt an issue at all. There is no need to change any of the wiring. Just plug and play, even with the Fanatec adapter. I have heard alot of people have had issues though with the fanatec adapter, not sure if that has changed any. Its also not included. I havent tried the adapter.

With the Bodner cable the issue for the wires is only for the older versions of the cable. If you have purchased it in the last year and a half or so there is probably no need to switch wires. My cable is 2 years old and I didnt have to switch any wires. Contact who you purchased it from if your not sure what version you have.

The perfect pedal with GT5 isnt an issue at all. There is no need to change any of the wiring. Just plug and play, even with the Fanatec adapter. I have heard alot of people have had issues though with the fanatec adapter, not sure if that has changed any. Its also not included. I havent tried the adapter.

With the Bodner cable the issue for the wires is only for the older versions of the cable. If you have purchased it in the last year and a half or so there is probably no need to switch wires. My cable is 2 years old and I didnt have to switch any wires. Contact who you purchased it from if your not sure what version you have.

Thanks for the reply, I think I was not clear enough in my post. I don't have perfect pedal at all, I was mentioning I have NO mods such as that on my G27 pedals. My question is if the CSW Base can work with G27 Pedals in PS3 mode with GT5 provided the Fanatec Adaptor is purchased.

Its just that the CSW is not listed as supported on the Fanatec Adaptor page.

Cheers

Back