Current progress reports

This is the board to list what you have been doing in GT3 lately. To me, it's just so exciting when you buy a new car, drive it, and win a prize car :lol:... So if you want to elaborate on your status, go ahead, we are ALL listening.

For me, I recently bought a silver CLK55 and did the Silver Arrow Race in the Beginner League, in thirty minutes to get the Kompressor as a prize car. I then did those three races again to build up my money, then I bought a red TT 1.8 Quattro so I could do the Audi race. I got new rims (they look like the :rolleyes: Pillsbury DoughBoy), did the virgin oil change, got some hop-ups, and qualified on Cote d'Azure just to get the feel of my new car, which I think is pretty cool looking atleast. Just a sidenote, my CLK55 oversteers. What can I do about this? Back to my progress report. So, I ran my Quattro around d'Azure a few times just to get a feel for the new car :P... and thats it so far for new stuff. I'm not sure this is the correct place to be posting this kind of thread, but really, I don't care the SLIGHTEST bit :mischievous:....

for the past 4 weeks, i've played GT3 for about 2 hours, total, since i'm totally immersed with Final Fantasy X and Nitto 1320. last time i did:

just finished Amateur League with abour 140 cars in stock; the most driven as of yet are the 1) Lamborghini Diablo JCTG, 2) Raybrig NSX JGTC, and 3) Jaguar XKR, which i didn't drive nearly enough the first time through. i'm at around 64% completion, but haven't checked for some time, so that may be off 5-8%. i recently bought the Castrol Tom's Supra JGTC to replace my Denso Sard, which was becoming monotonous through the All-Japan GT Championship.
the game isn't getting boring or anything, it's just that i've got other projects going on.

Okay.. this is not getting ANY traffic whatsoever except for one person who I told this thread about... so I am going to post it on the main GT3 board... go there :banghead:

been playing with the setting on my fiat mostly. did the amatuer evo meet yesterday n' today in my evo 6. with just a bit over 300hp its close racing, especially on r11.

I'm a little over 60% on my first game; I just ran the Pro FF cup last night in a 247-hp-but-otherwise-fully-built Integra R (wiped out the competition; 20-30 seconds over the TRD Celica even though I started from 6th). I've also run the British Car Cup in a moderately-built Tuscan Speed 6, and Like The Wind in a stock-plus-Turbo-4 GT One road car (yeah, yeah, I just wanted to get it done). Beginner and Amateur 100% gold, about one third the rallies and TTs done, and about half of Arcade Hard mode done.

Well, for me, I bought GT3 last week (finally . . .), and I copied my licenses and money from GTC (all licenses and 10 million credits, woohoo!), and went off racing. I did the Mistral enduro and the Super Speedway enduro.

I bought a few cool cars:
  • Gillet Vetigo
  • Esperante GTR-1
  • Escudo
And won some cool cars:
  • Astra Touring Car
  • CLK AMG Touring Car
  • Poyphony001
  • Polyphony002
I don't complete the Leagues in any particular order, I just compete in whatever takes my fancy at the time. My complete Status is 20% with a win-loss ratio of 94%. I have 14 cars and have 101 trophies.

That's about it from the John (me) scene right now, but I will keep you posted.

Ving - you should buy GTC and complete it, because you get your licenses completed for you in GT3 and 10,000,000 credits, too!

To SandStorm,
:D Hi John,
Envy you for having GTC, from what little I've seen (Mr P posted a lot of outstanding fotos last nite) it looks very interesting. I doubt that we'll ever get it for NTSC North America. A quick question: What system do you have "Down Under???"...UB57
:D

hi ub57,
we have pal

been thinking bout gtc sandy, but the lack of tracks was what turned me away. whats it like compared to gt3?

Are you Aussie?I knew it! :D

GTC - compared to GT3, it's not a whole lot, but I think the basic concept is that it's an arcade only version of GT3. Basically the main idea is focused on racing, but there's also drifting and Time Trials as well.

yeah, from sydney.
sounds ok, but i dont generally play the arcade vers of gt3 so i dont know what its like...
have to give it a try

Yeah rent it out from the local Blockbuster or Video Ezy and give it a whirl. If you enjoy close racing and a bit of drift it's not too bad.

Closest racing I've ever had is using the Mazda6 LM and Rbt Audi TT-R in Professional. I guarantee close racing if you use one of those cars.

The closest race I've ever had is with the Abt Audi TT-R in Autumn Ring. I passed the Astra Touring Car right at the line, winning by 0.003 ( :eek: ) seconds.

My recent progress is that I am trying to win various coloured F1 cars in the endurance races. I am mixing between driving F1s and any car in my garage that has little or zero kms on it that will result in a reasonably close race (but obviously in the endurance races I want to make sure I win LOL).

Overall I am winning an F1 about every 4th race but have only got 1 new colour in about 15 endurance races. (I did start only doing Seattle, Roadster and Speedway to keep the tiem down a little).

I have also won the 4 colours of the camaro race car. One saved game must have been loaded about 20 times to get the colour I wanted.

I am trying to get the various coloured LM cars from the Amateur Dream Car Race as well.

So when you get to 75% game completion and have all licenses in GTC you get all your licenses in GT3 ?

Do you need gameshark or anything like that ?

Originally posted by gumpy
So when you get to 75% game completion and have all licenses in GTC you get all your licenses in GT3 ?
*deep sigh* Yes, gumpy.

Do you need gameshark or anything like that ?
Nope, it's just a save function. Once you complete 75% (licenses, Beginner League and Pro League), a save proxy appears telling you that you can now add 10,000,000 cr. and all licenses to GT3. If you own GT3, start and save a game, then slip in GTC. Below the Complete Status bit (% complete) there will be a set of gift-wrapped boxes. Just look around - I can't remember which box it is - for the one that tells you that you can add all licenses to GT3 then click OK. Now all licenses will be transferred to GT3.

I started GT3, and before I'd even completed B license, I remembered that function, and the rest is history.

ran cote in the erupean amateurs thismorning using my fiat... and came last by 2 sec :D
if it had been ten laps insead of three i would have done better as tire wear is in my favour in that case :P

Should use my method, ving - save it every race and then if you lose, you can reload and pick up where you left off. Does a lot for your win status.

i do save it every race sandy :)

i just picked out cote cause i like racing it. I wasnt surpised when i came last as my car wasnt really modded much (bout 220hp) and was against much larger cars. I wasnt doing the series as i have finished it already :P

btw win ratios dont mean anything to me as i usually just race for fun against equal or better opposition

Back