Current status check of online orders

  • Thread starter Thread starter cygnus_zero
  • 43 comments
  • 5,483 views
Messages
549
Messages
CygnusZero
So I had the CE preordered on amazon, and although it showed the release date as 11/24, it still said delivery on 1/4. Im assuming this may be due to the fact that I didn't actually place the order until just a few days ago.

I only ordered the CE on amazon since no gamestops had it available anymore. So since the only thing I actually cared about was that apex book, I canceled the order and just ordered the standard version for in store gamestop pickup so I can get that stealth mclaren.

But Im just checking to see what other people's online CE orders are saying on amazon. Anyone else's still say 1/4, and if not, when did you order it?
 
I called them and they told me that the earlies it could be delivered was 11/29, even with one day shipping. I guess they won't ship CE pre-orders until 11/24, unlike the 99 cent option for release day delivery on the standard edition.
 
So I had the CE preordered on amazon, and although it showed the release date as 11/24, it still said delivery on 1/4. Im assuming this may be due to the fact that I didn't actually place the order until just a few days ago.

I only ordered the CE on amazon since no gamestops had it available anymore. So since the only thing I actually cared about was that apex book, I canceled the order and just ordered the standard version for in store gamestop pickup so I can get that stealth mclaren.

But Im just checking to see what other people's online CE orders are saying on amazon. Anyone else's still say 1/4, and if not, when did you order it?

Glad that I don't live over at the states. :)

I've pre-ordered my CE 4 months ago. 👍
 
I called them and they told me that the earlies it could be delivered was 11/29, even with one day shipping. I guess they won't ship CE pre-orders until 11/24, unlike the 99 cent option for release day delivery on the standard edition.

Yeah I had 1 day delivery selected too. You must have ordered it before I did.

I almost changed it to the standard through amazon but switched it to gamestop for that stealth mclaren. It works out fine since I can just pick it up that morning, and whenever I order through amazon I dont get delivery until late afternoon for some reason.
 
I called them and they told me that the earlies it could be delivered was 11/29, even with one day shipping. I guess they won't ship CE pre-orders until 11/24, unlike the 99 cent option for release day delivery on the standard edition.

I just figured that out on my own earlier today when checking on the shipping dates for my order. I went ahead and pre-order it from BestBuy instead with in-store pickup so I can hopefully get it on the 24th.

If I get some message that wont be available on the 24th than I will also just go for the standard version, I'm not waiting a single extra day for this game.
 
Hey, can you tell me what comes in the CE. I ordered the CE, but I haven't a clue. If it's not worth it in GT5 in-game gear, than I think I'll downgrade just to the normal game for $60 instead of the $100 CE. Thanks for the information fellas!
 
Hey, can you tell me what comes in the CE. I ordered the CE, but I haven't a clue. If it's not worth it in GT5 in-game gear, than I think I'll downgrade just to the normal game for $60 instead of the $100 CE. Thanks for the information fellas!

* Gran Turismo 5 game
* Exclusive limited edition Kyosho designed 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V
* In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital
* Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
* Voucher for 5 downloadable exclusive high-end cars with custom livery and performance upgrades
* Numbered certificate of authenticity
* Custom collector's packaging

B003O6HEKQ.06.lg.jpg
 
I'm not waiting a single extra day for this game.

Thats why I just switched it. The CE isnt important enough for me to wait, especially since it was telling me 1/4. Screw that, I waited too long to preorder it. Not worth the wait anyway since the book was really the only thing I actually wanted.
 
* Gran Turismo 5 game
* Exclusive limited edition Kyosho designed 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V
* In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital
* Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
* Voucher for 5 downloadable exclusive high-end cars with custom livery and performance upgrades
* Numbered certificate of authenticity
* Custom collector's packaging

B003O6HEKQ.06.lg.jpg
The 5 cars, will those be available on PSN to buy? Other than those, I am not really interested in any of it. I am all about what I get from the game, not outside of it. If those cars are exclusive to those CE buyers, I'd have to buy it!
 
The 5 cars, will those be available on PSN to buy? Other than those, I am not really interested in any of it. I am all about what I get from the game, not outside of it. If those cars are exclusive to those CE buyers, I'd have to buy it!

There will probably be a download code, but Ill bet you'll still need to buy them in game. They dont usually just hand you in game cars, they didnt with forza.

The code just unlocks them in the game, but you still would need to buy them with in game credits, and ill bet they arent very cheap either.
 
GAME has updated my Signature Edition to 24/11/10
Amazon still has my Collector's Edition as 16/12/10

Still wish the UK version had the GT-R instead of the SLS AMG model.
 
GAME has updated my Signature Edition to 24/11/10
Amazon still has my Collector's Edition as 16/12/10

Still wish the UK version had the GT-R instead of the SLS AMG model.

What comes with the signature edition? I dont think thats even available in the US. It must be different if you're buying both that and the CE.
 
The 5 cars, will those be available on PSN to buy? Other than those, I am not really interested in any of it. I am all about what I get from the game, not outside of it. If those cars are exclusive to those CE buyers, I'd have to buy it!

There's fine print at some retailers stocking the CE saying something to the effect of, "Cars may be available at later date." So yeah, maybe somewhere down the line these will be DLC. Even the pre-order stealth cars.

Still, I ordered the CE mainly for the book. And that kick-azz keychain. Woohoo! :drool:
 
What comes with the signature edition? I dont think thats even available in the US. It must be different if you're buying both that and the CE.

The CE is for a friend more than anything, but the Signature editon is:

GranTurismo5SE.jpg


Collector's edition is:

• Special GT5 packaging with specialised outer box finish
• Collector’s Edition inlay sleeve art
• 200+ page drivers/strategy guide
• 5 x Collector’s Edition artcards/postcards
• 5 x Collector’s Edition 'ChromeLine' car pack
• Exclusive Polyphony designed dynamic theme
 
Signature edition is now £130 instead of £150.
 
Signature edition is now £130 instead of £150.

I just checked my order and it looks like they still plan to charge me £149.99. Ive just sent an email to customer services to get them to update my order. Wouldn't be happy if i get charged £20 more for pre ordering before the price drop!
 
I just checked my order and it looks like they still plan to charge me £149.99. Ive just sent an email to customer services to get them to update my order. Wouldn't be happy if i get charged £20 more for pre ordering before the price drop!

They've already adjusted mine down (between the time I last checked since my first post and just now), may take a while to update.
 
My Amazon order for the standard version of the game still says ''shipping estimate 12/31''. I'm sure they will update it in the coming days.
 
Yeah my CE pre-order on Amazon still says 17th of December.
 
I have a question which I shall ask on this thread although it only applies to UK members who have ordered from either Shop to or play.com.

At the moment i've ordered the standard edition from shop to and the CE from play.com. Now in the past I have always recieved my games 1 day before the release date from both Shop to and play.com but its been a while since I ordered from them.

Im guessing Shop to will dispatch on Monday 22nd based on my previous orders. However because GT5 is released on a Wednesday im wondering when play.com will dispatch the game. I say this because of course they are based in Jersey. So do you think they will post on the Monday or possibly the Saturday. Could anyone who has recently pre-ordered a game from play.com tell me exactly when they posted the game and when you recieved it. I know Shop to send 1st class which is why they will be posted Monday and arrive the next day. However because play.com is in Jersey im unsure about the postage.

Just add im still in a state of shock when it says GT5 released in 11 days!

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO GAMES/PS3GR04-Gran Turismo 5.html
 
I have release-date delivery on Amazon...if I don't get it on the 24th I will raise hell.
 
I have release-date delivery on Amazon...if I don't get it on the 24th I will raise hell.

Has your shipping information from amazon.com not yet been updated as well?
I bought the Collectors Edition with Release Date Shipping and currently mine is scheduled to arrive November 30, 2010.

Same for you?
 
My Amazon.com (USA) order for the CE was on 7/24/10....still shows 12/31/10 as ship date but also says release date delivery...hope to see an updated ship date soon.
 
This:

Pre-Order Update
11/12/2010
Order Number: XXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX

Dear s2k2k3:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 11/24/2010. Your order details are listed below.

Get more information on this order by checking your order status.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care



Order Date: 10/16/2010
Order Number: XXXXX-XXXXXXXX


Qty Product Description


1 Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition-PlayStation 3



Status: Pre-order release date is 11/24/2010.

For complete order details, check your order status.
 
Why do people still pre-order stuff? As soon as Best Buy opens on the 24th (midnight or otherwise) I'll have my pick of hundreds of copies of GT5 standard and GT5 CE. Who wants to let someone else hang on to their money for free and trust them to ship it on time? A decade ago when they released games and actually "sold out" of them in stores, pre-ordering made sense. Now? Zero sense.
 
Why do people still pre-order stuff? As soon as Best Buy opens on the 24th (midnight or otherwise) I'll have my pick of hundreds of copies of GT5 standard and GT5 CE. Who wants to let someone else hang on to their money for free and trust them to ship it on time? A decade ago when they released games and actually "sold out" of them in stores, pre-ordering made sense. Now? Zero sense.

I agree but with GT5 you get free cars. Expensive and somewhat exclusive cars.

I called them and they told me that the earlies it could be delivered was 11/29, even with one day shipping. I guess they won't ship CE pre-orders until 11/24, unlike the 99 cent option for release day delivery on the standard edition.

Amazon has release date delivery available again for the standard edition.
 
I got the regular version from amazon because I'm cheap, its gonna be at my house on release day.
 
Why do people still pre-order stuff? As soon as Best Buy opens on the 24th (midnight or otherwise) I'll have my pick of hundreds of copies of GT5 standard and GT5 CE. Who wants to let someone else hang on to their money for free and trust them to ship it on time? A decade ago when they released games and actually "sold out" of them in stores, pre-ordering made sense. Now? Zero sense.


You might be mistaken this and find empty shelves, then what are you going to do? The only games i preorder is Gran Turismo game, just on the off chance there might be a shortage. And this could be one of those times! Putting down ten dollars is not a big deal for the Collectors Edition. Like you though i will not pay it off until i receive my copy of GT5!

ps. When GameStop calls me on the 24th i will go pick my copy of GT5 up. I also has one coming from Subway and hopefully that gets here a day or two early!
 
On my Australian EB Games account GT5 is listed as 'Available 31/12/2010' Hopefully it's just because they haven't updated it. I need this to be on my doorstep before 10 Dec as I'm going overseas for 1 month on that date.

*fingers crossed*
 
Back