Current status check of online orders

  • Thread starter Thread starter cygnus_zero
  • 43 comments
  • 5,483 views
Why do people still pre-order stuff? As soon as Best Buy opens on the 24th (midnight or otherwise) I'll have my pick of hundreds of copies of GT5 standard and GT5 CE. Who wants to let someone else hang on to their money for free and trust them to ship it on time? A decade ago when they released games and actually "sold out" of them in stores, pre-ordering made sense. Now? Zero sense.

I sorta had this attitude too... but when FF13 was released I went to the Best Buy near my work on lunch break and.. guess what? They were sold out. Luckily I went to the other Best Buy in town and they had plenty of copies. It all depends on your local store.

With GT5, I'm not taking any chances. I pre-ordered but I picked in-store pickup so I get the best of both worlds... guaranteed copy waiting for me when I walk in on the 24th. 👍
 
Why do people still pre-order stuff? As soon as Best Buy opens on the 24th (midnight or otherwise) I'll have my pick of hundreds of copies of GT5 standard and GT5 CE. Who wants to let someone else hang on to their money for free and trust them to ship it on time? A decade ago when they released games and actually "sold out" of them in stores, pre-ordering made sense. Now? Zero sense.

Best Buy does preorders you know, so the CE would likely be impossible to get just by strolling in any store on the 24th.
 
Why do people still pre-order stuff? As soon as Best Buy opens on the 24th (midnight or otherwise) I'll have my pick of hundreds of copies of GT5 standard and GT5 CE. Who wants to let someone else hang on to their money for free and trust them to ship it on time? A decade ago when they released games and actually "sold out" of them in stores, pre-ordering made sense. Now? Zero sense.

Normally I agree, but with Amazon most people pay no tax, you get release day shipping, you get a bonus car and a $10 GC towards future video game purchases. They price garauntee against any future price drops before shipment and don't charge you until it ships...
 
For me, release day shipping with amazon means the game will be at my door at 4-5pm. Not a big deal but it's only $40 plus another $10 towards another purchase, hopefully the track guide.
Argh, so I took the track guide off my amazon order and it took away the $3 discount. LOL, so much luck with amazon today.
 
I have release-date delivery on Amazon...if I don't get it on the 24th I will raise hell.

I have release date delivery too, but it still says Dec 31 2010.

First time pre-ordering a game @ Amazon.. so lets hope they don't screw up.

I don't live in the States, but i will be there from Nov 18 - Nov 28 luckily :)

This is why it's very important for Amazon not to screw up lol.
 
Thats why I just switched it. The CE isnt important enough for me to wait, especially since it was telling me 1/4. Screw that, I waited too long to preorder it. Not worth the wait anyway since the book was really the only thing I actually wanted.
The excuses people have for canceling their more expensive pre-orders in favour of a standard copy is a joke. Everybody who ordered a CE or SE was more than happy to do so at £60 or £150, but now it comes to people actually having to cough up the money they chicken out.

Anyway, my CE has been upgraded at Amazon UK at no extra charge to be received on launch day.
 
MyPlay.com Order has updated. Just received this email:

Thank you for your recent Play.com order for Gran Turismo 5 (with Play.com Exclusive Pre-Order 'Stealth Model' Car Pack)

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 24-Nov-2010. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team.

Hopefully I'll get it on release date.
 
I received an update email from Amazon when the release date on their website changed to 12/31/2010. However, now that it has changed to 11/24/2010, I have not.

And when I went to check order status, it says standard edition with release date delivery. Delivery Estimate: December 31, 2010

Hopefully the estimate just hasn't updated yet. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel and run around like a chicken with it's head cut off on November 24th trying to find a copy of GT5.
 
Just pre-ordered with amazon.co.uk with first class delivery. Might change to play.com since they are promising to deliver on day of release - and they include two of the stealth cars.
 
I received an update email from Amazon when the release date on their website changed to 12/31/2010. However, now that it has changed to 11/24/2010, I have not.

And when I went to check order status, it says standard edition with release date delivery. Delivery Estimate: December 31, 2010

Hopefully the estimate just hasn't updated yet. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel and run around like a chicken with it's head cut off on November 24th trying to find a copy of GT5.

I got the same email but i when to my recent order on amazon and change my shipping options i had it set to release date delivery already so i just clicked submit and the date estimated date changed to 11/24/10
 
I got the same email but i when to my recent order on amazon and change my shipping options i had it set to release date delivery already so i just clicked submit and the date estimated date changed to 11/24/10

I just tried it and it was successful. Thank you! I feel much better.
 
I just tried it and it was successful. Thank you! I feel much better.



Same here - clicked change shipping address - clicked same address and updated to 11/24. probably didn't matter and would have shipped 11/24 anyway but it makes me feel better too!
 
pre paid for mine at shopto, says not in stock yet but guarantee a release day delivery
 
I got the same email but i when to my recent order on amazon and change my shipping options i had it set to release date delivery already so i just clicked submit and the date estimated date changed to 11/24/10

This worked for me too. What a relief.
 
Back