Custom Championships

• Thread starter Animera
  • 15 comments

Have you used the Custom Championship option?

• Yes

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
New Zealand
New Zealand
GTP_Animera
Bleh
I'm interested to see how many people have used this option in Assetto Corsa.
If you have used it, please elaborate on how your experience was.
If not, why not?

I thought the setup of it is great, you can create a really good calendar, with a good set of opponents.

But whats lacking I guess is what is lacking in AC in general. AI can be fast I think, they just aren't racy. And still lots of bugs in their behavior.

I have done one complete championship so far. I keep meaning to create a new one, but I always end up doing random races instead. I got my butt kicked in my Championship. :lol: Things went smoothly for me. No crazy incidents that I'm aware of. I'd say that the AI were pretty darn good throughout that one championship I did. There were 2 or 3 incidents where I thought to myself, "Oh no...Don't tell me this crap is going to start up...". Luckily it was never anything major. There were a few times where the AI drive should have definitely passed me, but he didn't. Other than those few times they had no problem zooming passed me. :lol: :mad: :mad:

I voted no.

I haven't raced against an AI in years in any game, not just AC. No matter how amazing AI is or will become, it'll never be able to match the thrill of racing against real people. For that reason I'm almost exclusively an online only player now. Once in a while I'll run some solo laps for a hotlap competition, but even that is becoming more rare for me.

I would do if it was available on PS4...not sure what the issue is. The game is crying out for it,i dont want to grind career to get to the more juicy championships.

As an offline only player i want to create my own series,as a simulation surely this is a basic requirement to talior the experience.

The trouble with AC is the reces are so stale,you cant have shorter races but with mandatory pit stops,no spin outs/retirements,theres no teams or notable drivers to form rivalries with to even have a good championship - seems to be a lack of character and personality to even make a custom chanpionship interesting.

Grid Autosport had this side of things nailed.

I stopped playing AC and went back on F1 2016 career - the races are so much more interesting with the different strategies,teams,rivals,weather,tyre choices etc.

I stopped playing AC and went back on F1 2016 career - the races are so much more interesting with the different strategies,teams,rivals,weather,tyre choices etc.
That's good...At least you were able to find a game suited more to your needs. People get so caught up in picking a side to call their own and put down anything else they don't support, it's ridiculous. Once you try something and decide you don't like it or even hate it, that's cool. Unfortunately, there are losers who decide that a game sucks without even playing it.

On the PC side of AC we have this amazing tool a brilliant fan created called Content Manager. You can actually edit the AI driver names and stuff assigned to particular skins/liveries, so you can technically end up with personal rivalries and such, however, that is impossible to do on the console and even doing it on the PC version kind of sucks because you shouldn't have to do that. As you said, it would be nice to see it built into the game from Day 1.

My only other experience is Gran Turismo 6, so I don't really know how other sims are doing it, but the "custom championships" on Assetto Corsa seem extremely bare bones to me. It doesn't surprise me, considering they weren't even planned to be in the game as far as I can tell.

That's good...At least you were able to find a game suited more to your needs. People get so caught up in picking a side to call their own and put down anything else they don't support, it's ridiculous. Once you try something and decide you don't like it or even hate it, that's cool. Unfortunately, there are losers who decide that a game sucks without even playing it.

On the PC side of AC we have this amazing tool a brilliant fan created called Content Manager. You can actually edit the AI driver names and stuff assigned to particular skins/liveries, so you can technically end up with personal rivalries and such, however, that is impossible to do on the console and even doing it on the PC version kind of sucks because you shouldn't have to do that. As you said, it would be nice to see it built into the game from Day 1.

My only other experience is Gran Turismo 6, so I don't really know how other sims are doing it, but the "custom championships" on Assetto Corsa seem extremely bare bones to me. It doesn't surprise me, considering they weren't even planned to be in the game as far as I can tell.

Il be back on it when the Audi & Highlands finally drops on PS4.

Assetto Corsa cant be beaten if you want to replicate driving something like a Ferrari 458 as realistically as possible on track - its just missing so many other things i want.

Il be back on it when the Audi & Highlands finally drops on PS4.

Assetto Corsa cant be beaten if you want to replicate driving something like a Ferrari 458 as realistically as possible on track - its just missing so many other things i want.
See, that's my biggest requirement...It's probably 90% of what I'm looking for. It's easy for me to say that when I'm on the PC and have a gazillion online servers, cars & tracks available. I know that console users have been given the shaft. :boggled: :grumpy:

I'm creating a new "BMW M3 Challenge". It's a quick, five circuit affair. The races will be held at: Imola, Mugello, Nurburgring - Sprint (GT), Red Bull Ring GP & Silverstone - International in that order. There will be 12 total entrants - Myself and 11 of the best AI drivers around. We will all be driving the BMW M3 E30 Group A car. I've got the Time, Temperature, Weather & Track Conditions set for each circuit. I'm still debating how many laps to do for each race. My goal is to have a fairly quick "Championship". Something I could probably do over the weekend...so I don't want even 10 laps at any one particular place.

What I do need help with is in the Rules & Information section. I'm skipping the Practice sessions. I can run a few practice laps, if I feel like it...As far as the actual M3 Challenge is concerned, I was thinking of doing like 8-10 minutes of qualifying. The other stuff I'm set on, but I need help determining how I should score this M3 Challenge.

I set the Win Condition to: Place (1) - I don't really understand how I could effectively use Points as determining a winner, I mean if you have the most points after 5 races you'll be the winner..duh! I need to ask x4fab to help me figure that one out. Okay...the hard part for me. How should I allocate points to the finishing position of each race? It defaulted to awarding the Top 6 finishers out of the 12 with Points distribution as follows: 10, 8, 6, 3, 2, 1...7th place thru 12th will receive a big fat goose egg. Should I bother awarding Bonus Points for the fastest lap? How about Bonus Points for Pole Position? If so, how many would you suggest?

Obviously, I'm not making it a very serious Championship, but the first one I ran stunk. Of course, with Content Manager I can share this entire Championship configuration, rules, circuits, cars, everything with the push of 1 button. So, if anyone wants to run their own BMW M3 Championship, let me know.

Thoughts on the oh so important points system? Or if you have any other thoughts about the Championship I'd love to hear them! 👍 :cheers: If you made it this far without falling asleep, thank you. :D

I tried to replicate GT6 events with this feature. For example I did a "Sunday Cup": Three races in short circuits like "Brands Hatch Indy". The IA cars are "Toyota AE86", "Abarth 595 S2", some underpowered car mods, and now Mazda Miata. I set the IA lvl 93-100% depending on the event (beginner series are the easiest). FInally the number of laps depends on the event. Beginner events are shorter than the others. If you win the championship then you can start the next one and so on.
A good feature custom championships could add is the posibility of choosing the sets of tires for every car or/and a "bop" feature. This feature could give you the option to mix more type of cars in the same race.

I tried to replicate GT6 events with this feature. For example I did a "Sunday Cup": Three races in short circuits like "Brands Hatch Indy". The IA cars are "Toyota AE86", "Abarth 595 S2", some underpowered car mods, and now Mazda Miata. I set the IA lvl 93-100% depending on the event (beginner series are the easiest). FInally the number of laps depends on the event. Beginner events are shorter than the others. If you win the championship then you can start the next one and so on.
A good feature custom championships could add is the posibility of choosing the sets of tires for every car or/and a "bop" feature. This feature could give you the option to mix more type of cars in the same race.
Do you use Content Manager? There are ways that you can force cars to use certain tires, but I can't find the bookmark right now. Grrrrrrr! :mad:

Do you remember if you had the points system setup and such?

I was going to set each track to "Use Real Conditions" for the Time, Temperature & Weather -- but since I'm using all European tracks I'd probably end up running every race at 6pm because AC can't go any later than that and I'm in a -6/-7 hour time zone difference than those tracks.

Do you use Content Manager? There are ways that you can force cars to use certain tires, but I can't find the bookmark right now. Grrrrrrr! :mad:

Do you remember if you had the points system setup and such?

I was going to set each track to "Use Real Conditions" for the Time, Temperature & Weather -- but since I'm using all European tracks I'd probably end up running every race at 6pm because AC can't go any later than that and I'm in a -6/-7 hour time zone difference than those tracks.
I haven't used it yet, but I will give it a try.
I think you can edit the points quantity for each position of the race.

I haven't used it yet, but I will give it a try.
I think you can edit the points quantity for each position of the race.
Yes... That's exactly why I was asking the question. I don't know what a good, realistic points system would be. Here's the question again:
How should I allocate points to the finishing position of each race? It defaulted to awarding the Top 6 finishers out of the 12 with Points distribution as follows: 10, 8, 6, 3, 2, 1...7th place thru 12th will receive a big fat goose egg. Should I bother awarding Bonus Points for the fastest lap? How about Bonus Points for Pole Position? If so, how many would you suggest?

With only 12 drivers total should I give more points than 10 to the winner? Should I give less? Should I give 1 point to everybody who finishes 6th to 12th? Should I make 2 points the lowest amount of points awarded?

It's only a 5 race Championship, so I don't want a driver to be almost statistically out of contention if they finished 7th in the first two races. I mean, I know if they won the next three races they would have a very good chance of making the podium. I know a lot of people in this forum watch all sorts of racing series, so I was hoping maybe someone could offer some advice on how I should go about determining points & bonus points for each race...

Do you use Content Manager? If so, would you mind sharing your setup with me? All you have to do is hit the SHARE button where your list of Championships are and you'll be provided with a link on x4fab's server. All I need is that link and Content Manager will import your Championship settings exactly.

Yes... That's exactly why I was asking the question. I don't know what a good, realistic points system would be. Here's the question again:

With only 12 drivers total should I give more points than 10 to the winner? Should I give less? Should I give 1 point to everybody who finishes 6th to 12th? Should I make 2 points the lowest amount of points awarded?

It's only a 5 race Championship, so I don't want a driver to be almost statistically out of contention if they finished 7th in the first two races. I mean, I know if they won the next three races they would have a very good chance of making the podium. I know a lot of people in this forum watch all sorts of racing series, so I was hoping maybe someone could offer some advice on how I should go about determining points & bonus points for each race...

Do you use Content Manager? If so, would you mind sharing your setup with me? All you have to do is hit the SHARE button where your list of Championships are and you'll be provided with a link on x4fab's server. All I need is that link and Content Manager will import your Championship settings exactly.
I dont use content Manager. I think you should "inflate" the scoring system like f1 have been doing since 2010. Look at this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_World_Championship_points_scoring_systems

Okay, cool. Thanks for sharing that link. 👍 This is exactly the type of stuff I need to read up on. Have you tried Content Manager? I know the free version locks some of its best features down, but at least there is no minimum donation required to get an unlock key. I don't know if I could live without it now. :lol:

Does anybody know how i can change the nationality of the AI drivers? There is a "nationality" tab but i dont know what i need to type there to get the correct flag icon. For example: if i want to create a german driver, what do i need to type in the content creator? "GER" for Germany? "DEU" for Deutschland? Maybee "Germany" oder "German"? I have no clue what works.

Latest Posts

Back