Custom event: No Mercy Suzuka Pro 600pp - RWD only @ xx:03:18:33:48

Would you be interested in a Suzuka 600pp, RWD cars race only @ xx:02 :17 :32 :47 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Porto
Burnout_PT
Taking advantage of the new Pro Suzuka event without RBE (rubber band effect), here is a more radical or hardcore approach to this event:

No Mercy RWD - Suzuka 600

Default event limitations (S2's, Pro and no RBE)

+

- 600pp Maximum

- RWD Cars only

To counter the 430/NSX domination, we are allowing some exceptions,
after well proven and tested. The first ones allowed in are:
Chevrolet Corvette C6 - 612PP
Dodge Viper GTS '02 - 612PP

Other suggested cars that are competitive @600pp are the Clio and the IS-F

Schedule xx:03 :18 :33 :48

wctrsuzukaku9.gif

Standard GTP OLR Rules apply.

Note: If 650pp or AWD cars are present on the grid, let them go. How? Hold your relative position and accelerate slower (short-shift?) and move to the sides of the track. Return to grid position and restart @20 seconds.

Note2: Schedule changed to xx:03 :18 :33 :48 in order to prevent mixing up with 650pp :15m events

Last edited:
cool idea..but since there is no RBE in this one and we will be in underpowered cars ,we don't have to wait that long at the start..I think 20 sec will be good enough..

About waiting at the start... dont you think race will end before we are finished?

I like competing strangers with lower PP-vehicle, so waiting is not my wish. When recording races, it's also very boring when it ends without results-page.

EDIT: Waiting does not help getting rid off rammers etc... we will see them some part of race anyway. I believe we will be faster than worse drivers, so starting normally could be best solution.

Last edited:
Yes. This could be great and I agree with Autoaki to just go when the race starts. However I'll do a bit more 650 racing before I join you.

Last edited:
We may start immediately I guess. As long as we hang back, hold positions, and keep it cool through the T1 carnage. And then let it rip!

About getting lapped, 10sec a lap is a 50sec advantage at the end of the race. And then you have 30secs more to finish. So we won't be seing much of that.

But hey... if we do, think of the back straight as the start/finish line. It was (or still is) used as so in real life, in an alternate track config. :)

It is torture, to check this forum while at work and see that you all are racing. :indiff:

But I can't avoid looking here every now and then :)

It is torture, to check this forum while at work and see that you all are racing. :indiff:

But I can't avoid looking here every now and then :)

Me 2... I'm feeling like a Pavlovian dog! I get an SMS whenever I have new e-Mail... replys to subscribed threads generate e-Mails... So I recieve an SMS and instantly click the gtplanet forum subscriptions bookmark. :crazy:

LOL... I feel bad... Im the only that voted no... just for the record.. nothing against RWD.. Like to drive it as well sometimes... just prefer AWD.. Anyway, good luck to everyone with the races! 👍

LOL... I feel bad... Im the only that voted no... just for the record.. nothing against RWD.. Like to drive it as well sometimes... just prefer AWD.. Anyway, good luck to everyone with the races! 👍

*grabs pitch fork* - Get him! :D

Just joking, chief. AWD seem to be a bit dominant on S2s (unless you're good, which I am not!)

EDIT: Going to give this a try - sounds good. See you out there!

Last edited:
Note: If 650pp or AWD cars are present on the grid, let them go. How? Hold your relative position and accelerate slower (short-shift?) and move to the sides of the track. At T1, all AWD showd have passed, so let it rip!

Wouldn't it be easier to pull to one side at the start then reverse back to the grid positions and go once the clock gets to 30 seconds like we do in the other races we have?

i'm using the GT Tuned/Cappo fastest lap was a 2'22.xxx

how does that compare with you? am i way off the pace

Did a 2:16 or 2:17 in the Amuse Opera Gran Turismo 350Z RS!

Also entered at the designated time to find out I was on my own lol - only time I've won a race coming last!

Do you guys have to make it 600? Make it 650 RWD and that'd make so much more sense...

I don't understand the logic?

You're in the way at EVERY start!

If it gets popular enough, it may end up nearly all 600PP RR. I guess 650PP RR can go at the normal, quarterly times...

...and get smoked by the AWD!

Back