Custom music support?

Hi all. I am yet to get my hands on a copy of Forza Horizon. I've looked at reviews, the feature list and car list of this game. I've also looked at the music playlist, and, predictably, felt a bit disappointed that none of the songs present were ones that I hadn't heard before. I don't hate dubstep, but I feel that it doesn't belong in a racing game. The rest of the soundtrack also feels like it could become quite repetitive. I wonder if this game has any sort of custom playlist feature, like support for a custom radio station for example. Any useful info would be appreciated.

The Xbox 360 allows you to play your own music files at any time. Just stick in a thumbdrive with your favorite mp3s and you're good to go.

So um... in that sense, it's not officially supported? Dang I was afraid it would be like this. I was hoping Horizon would support custom music in the same way that the first Test Drive Unlimited did, with the game reading your playlists off of the HDD and treating it as in-game soundtrack, instead of having to stream and need to constantly access it via the Guide button. But thanks anyway.

You might be happier with the OS music player, considering the way the in-game radio works. You'd have to listen to tinny, filtered renditions of the original soundtrack for all of your time in the garage/paintbooth, and your custom songs would be interrupted every time you start or restart a race.

It would be neat to have the DJ making announcements between your own songs, though.

Back