Custom Parts You Wish Were in GT Auto

Custom parts from bumpers to full kits would be the best.
With more rims and interior customization such as additional gauges, seats and steering wheels etc.
And the best for finale RM models!!!!

How about full resto-mod ability on all cars, there are some older cars that cannot get aero, carbon brakes, turbo/SC on stock motors, more motor swaps (within reason)

I would want custom digital gauges (similar to modern racing cars) with max RPM options especially those with high-rpm engine swaps such as the V8 Suzuki swap.

My OCD screams whenever I see the tachometer needle gets stuck at the limit of a normal gauge yet the engine keeps rotating. I play in cockpit view most of the time.

GT6 once had this, so it should be possible within the realms of GT7. Heck, even decades-old Juiced 2 made fully custom interiors possible.

Last edited:
I would like that the widebody kit for the Porsche 930 were the fender flares from the 934 RSR.
The option to have a Fully stripped racing interior (like in NFS Shift 2) would be welcome as well

Last edited:
Since Viper Gr.4's wing (available for the road-going 2013 Viper) is the GTS-R wing, I think that wing should also be available for the GT3-R.

And don't forget about the WRC wing for the GD Blobeye.

Last edited:
I think I'd rather have entire cars from tuners be added, rather than just have their respective body panels available. For example, I'd really like to see the TRD 3000GT, which is a modified Toyota Supra (A80) for those who don't know. I'd personally say it's very similar to how we have both the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) and the Nismo 400R.

Last edited:
Can't believe no one's mentioned it yet. :irked:

The proper spoiler for the A70.

jza70_supra_twinturbo-r_02.jpg

it would be crazy if road cars had time attack "vehicles aero parts" as "extreme custom part " options ...
they could even implement it on online time trial...as rent vehicle...
like nippon tsukuba time attack challenges in real life...or nurburgring TA..like audi r8 1:1
more HP, better aero..etc
not like fictional NFS parts..but more like real life hill climb aero parts, or as I said time attack
prenos.jpeg-2.jpg

Is there a popular car game that offers a very potent livery editor like GTS/GT7 where you can share your decal designs, combined with abundant visual modifications? Mods can be included for this!

Do you guys mind if I can revive this convo?

As of update 1.42, despite its limitations, GT7 customization is still good for the quantity of the cars given its attention to detail (the livery editor is one of the best, points for that). There's a good emphasis on tuning as well.

Many cars have cool modifications like the Porsches, AE86s, Silvias, etc. However, besides giving out more engine swaps, I hope there are more important visual components to change like hoods, side mirrors and even more interior mods. Are you guys 100% certain such will happen?
NFS unbound or Heat is your best bet. We're probably not getting much new features in GT7. I think they're wrapping up

Something I think would be cool would be to be able to change which side the drivers seat is on in each car (where applicable). Not for any practical reason, but more to help with the immersion for people using VR and a rig set up.

Last edited:
I'd be down for more wheel designs, especially various center-lock wheels. Or maybe more wheel designs from the newly-added wheel brands that debuted in GT7, like Spoon and Hayashi Racing.

I want to be able to tilt my exhaust...
Also I demand more tyre width options.. IRL some cars need WIDE WIDE tyres and to choose widths between front and rear!! and althought most of it is covered... simply not enough options for me lol Carx had a great system here. Tears apart GT's customisability imo.. and what is with all the missing real car paints.. feels like half the catalogue is simply missing? And what about new colorshift paints??? WHERE ARE MY NEW RIMS?? Give me another 50 new ones

we need Hood options... duh. Could've reintroduced the carbon bonnet from GT6.. anyways

And things not for Gt Auto:
why must traction control work when in sand ;;?? and why can't I go into reverse at 5mph?? aggravating lack of control

Last edited:
Racing cockpit for ours heavily modified cars, it ruins the immersion and it's ridiculous to be able to make a full-fledged street car into a real home made race car but still see a stock cockpit.
This is just a matter of resources. It would be too much effort for PD to individually add interior customisation to every car, though I expect it for GT8... The least they could've done though is let use replace the stock steering wheel with a selection of 10 aftermarket ones

Other things I had in mind:
  • F1 GTR '95: Foglight delete
  • F1 GTR '97: High downforce wing
  • Impreza 22B: Rear 22B badge delete
  • GT-R GT3 '13: Foglight delete (I don't think adding a foglight is possible to the 2018 one because it's explicitly modeled as a sprint model)
  • Evo IX (or VIII when it arrives): WRC04/WRC05/Super Rally Car wing
  • Radical SR3 SL: Track version wing
  • 190E: Wings from previous evolutions of the car

Last edited:
I'd second the suggestion for a custom license plate mechanism. It's tedious making liveries just to change your license plate, and I know 20 years ago Project Gotham let you simply just enter text on plates with designs from all the cities in the game.

An upgraded sound system for the road cars that would allow you to pick music and adjust the settings on it.
This would add a few pounds to the car and might not be available with weight reduction.

Last edited:
An upgraded sound system for the road cars that would allow you to pick music and adjust the settings on it.
This would add a few pounds to the car and might not be available with weight reduction.
Project Gotham 2 had an in-car radio system that worked something like this, which was neat. I'm not sure it would work in GT though, considering it's a more focused "sim" type game. I personally play GT7 without any race BGM.

Side view mirrors of various styles, and option to remove them altogether, racing seats, steering wheels and shifters.

Edit: Also, not so much custom parts but customization option rather. It would be very cool to have visible weight reduction by deleting the interior on some cars (cars with a motorsport history preferably) and more advanced roll cage options.

Last edited:
Back