Custom Parts You Wish Were in GT Auto

Singapore
Singapore
XSquareStickIt
So we have a thread already that discusses the best looking GT Auto parts, but what are some parts you wish you could put on your cars in GT7? Given that many custom parts mimic real life parts, like the F40 LM, I thought I'd give some real life examples of parts to start with:

Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 — R Magic Adjustable Wing with Carbon Side Covers and Muffler Garnish

02241644_530af8412b3cd.jpg

Photo: R Magic's Website

If I ever get an RX-8, this wing is the first and probably only exterior part I'd fit on it. It harkens back to the FD RX-7's adjustable wing, and looks so good in partial carbon! Also of note is the muffler garnish, also in bare carbon. GT7's rear bumper options are sorely lacking at the moment, and this I think would very much liven things up.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray '14 — Callaway Aerowagen Package

20-callaway-aerowagen.jpg

Photo: Callaway's Website

Super unrealistic, I know :lol: But imagine how unique and cool a shooting brake would be in GT7! To be honest, the customisation in GT7 feels a bit limited, as there are no options to change the bonnets, side mirrors, etc.. I wonder if there could be an additional "Other" tab in addition to "Front", "Side", "Rear", and "Wing" that will let you do drastic changes to the car's body, such as swapping the S2000's soft top for a hard top, adding a roof snorkel onto a nsX Type R, or even a shooting brake like this?

Do you think it might be possible for more aftermarket parts to arrive via updates or even DLC? Discuss!

Custom bonnets (hoods to you US guys). A choice of different options for vents, material (carbon etc).

They did mention more ‘parts to swap’ coming in future updates. Which to me infers they mean tuning parts - either in the Tuning Shop or those special parts from the roulette.

But there’s nothing stopping them bringing more to GT Auto. You never know 🤞🏻

Last edited:
Kind of related:
I think it would be neat to have an in game license plate creator. Select the country/state/province/etc. and enter in enter in whatever string of characters you want (like a vanity plate). Obviously there would be issues with offensive/inappropriate things but the review system could probably handle that.
Personally the [car make/model] default plates take away from the realism

So we have a thread already that discusses the best looking GT Auto parts, but what are some parts you wish you could put on your cars in GT7? Given that many custom parts mimic real life parts, like the F40 LM, I thought I'd give some real life examples of parts to start with:

Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 — R Magic Adjustable Wing with Carbon Side Covers and Muffler Garnish

View attachment 1132004
Photo: R Magic's Website

If I ever get an RX-8, this wing is the first and probably only exterior part I'd fit on it. It harkens back to the FD RX-7's adjustable wing, and looks so good in partial carbon! Also of note is the muffler garnish, also in bare carbon. GT7's rear bumper options are sorely lacking at the moment, and this I think would very much liven things up.

As someone who owns that exact wing I couldn't agree more 😂

Attachments

• _DSC9088-01.jpeg
    _DSC9088-01.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210622_163046.jpg
    20210622_163046.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 22
1. Would love some carbon parts
2. This isn't really another part but something I would like fixed. There are some cars where when you add a custom spoiler, it doesn't remove the original so you end up with two spoilers. It looks like Xzibit got his hands on it and Pimped My Ride. Two spoilers is just cringe.

1. Would love some carbon parts
2. This isn't really another part but something I would like fixed. There are some cars where when you add a custom spoiler, it doesn't remove the original so you end up with two spoilers. It looks like Xzibit got his hands on it and Pimped My Ride. Two spoilers is just cringe.
The classic bookshelf spoiler

Before naything they need to add more role cages .
The lack of hoods is odd , They should add carbonfiber hoods considering we can not paint specific parts carbon.
Bring back interior guages from GT6 , include a Other part in the parts section so we can add car specific parts that don't fit into the options we have.
Oh , add steering wheels too!

They did mention more ‘parts to swap’ coming in future updates. Which to me infers they mean tuning parts - either in the Tuning Shop or those special parts from the roulette.
They specifically said "engine parts to swap". I don't think we'll be getting any new visual parts.

But if they do then the game definitely needs a lot more wheel options. And let us be able to paint cars their stock colours/stripes/patterns/mixed materials without painting over the whole car and losing those patterns.

The whole painting process is just so backwards.

They specifically said "engine parts to swap". I don't think we'll be getting any new visual parts.

But if they do then the game definitely needs a lot more wheel options. And let us be able to paint cars their stock colours/stripes/patterns/mixed materials without painting over the whole car and losing those patterns.

The whole painting process is just so backwards.
Agreed. I can't believe we still don't have any three spoke wheels!

Kind of related:
I think it would be neat to have an in game license plate creator. Select the country/state/province/etc. and enter in enter in whatever string of characters you want (like a vanity plate). Obviously there would be issues with offensive/inappropriate things but the review system could probably handle that.
This can be accomplished through the use of decals. But yeah it would be nice to be able to just type something in and have it appear on the plate. It's a PITA to find the right font and resize and space letters on the plates. Another thing I would like is the ability to mix the license plate types on the car. I was using a type a on the rear and wanted to use a type b on the front because it was an thin area of the grill that couldn't be painted, but couldn't.

Can you change any? I haven't really driven too much with convertibles in the game
The Jeep, but it will cost you thousands of $. It must be a heavy labor-intensive job to remove that canvas top. :lol:

Kind of related:
This can be accomplished through the use of decals. But yeah it would be nice to be able to just type something in and have it appear on the plate. It's a PITA to find the right font and resize and space letters on the plates. Another thing I would like is the ability to mix the license plate types on the car. I was using a type a on the rear and wanted to use a type b on the front because it was an thin area of the grill that couldn't be painted, but couldn't.

The Jeep, but it will cost you thousands of $. It must be a heavy labor-intensive job to remove that canvas top. :lol:
If you go into decal content search and type in "license" you will come up with templates for many different US states, many different country's plates, and associated fonts to go with them. You have to get all the numbers and letters which takes up a lot of room in your collection, but for someone like me, and I'm assuming you guys as well, license plates are cool and a really nice touch to a custom build or making a rep of a real life car.

IMG_1294.jpg

As mentioned earlier, interior color changes would be awesome. Not to mention steering wheel and weight reduction being seen/heard on cockpit cam.

More specific aftermarket body parts, to include widebodies that aren't just fender pulls.

More aggressive wheel/tire options. I love what they've done for 7, but a few cars still come up short when it comes to really filling out the wheel wells with some fat meat and aggressive offset wheels.

Again, carbon not being an "all over" print, and being able to use it as a decal. Same with chrome/gold/metallics not being available for decals. Side note: decals not insanely deforming/not covering spots depending on where they are.

Putting other factory wheels on cars. Like R32 wheels on a Z32 Z for example.

More than one color for wheels.

Tire letters for road cars.

Removal of a lot of body components just for funs sake.

Steelies.

Hood options.

More wing options.

Bolded things i really want to happen.

= Bonnet changes i'm not too worried about, but wouldn't mind being added either way.

= Haven't GT7'ed enough yet, but i'm hoping you can still remove factory rear spoilers? If not, then that needs to come back.

= I want every car to have the option of a rear bumper/diffuser mod, as GT is doing the same annoying thing as Forza in that on a number of cars only the front bumper and side skirts can be changed, leaving a big gap/unstreamlined look to the back of the car.

= I'd like an option of choosing exhaust tips? Big bore, multipipe, etc.

= Window tinting?

= I'd like to see the return of canards able to be fitted to the front of cars

= Would be a lot of work, but more options for each car from the real life factory options list (stickers, badges, body parts, trim etc).

= Same as above, but with aftermarket parts (Nismo, TRD etc)

= Would like the option to increase the width of wheels like in Forza (i.e. swapping out 235's for 295's etc).

There's probably more things, but that's all i've got for now.

Last edited:
If we don't get the nismo ztune or 400r I'd like the kit to make my own.
Also agree with carbon parts as decals don't always cover correctly.
Would love to see light tints on rear and angel eye options for the m3.

Bullbars and Spotties, it would work well on pickups and not to mention rallying, if they made the lights functional as well it would give you more light in the rally stages at night.

1648991066643.png

Do you guys mind if I can revive this convo?

As of update 1.42, despite its limitations, GT7 customization is still good for the quantity of the cars given its attention to detail (the livery editor is one of the best, points for that). There's a good emphasis on tuning as well.

Many cars have cool modifications like the Porsches, AE86s, Silvias, etc. However, besides giving out more engine swaps, I hope there are more important visual components to change like hoods, side mirrors and even more interior mods. Are you guys 100% certain such will happen?

Back