Custom Plates

  • Thread starter Thread starter rollazn
  • 34 comments
  • 1,686 views
Messages
3,760
Messages
rollazn
Show us your custom plates, or what you have seen around that you like. There is an example below.

9000RPM
REVZ29K
REVTO9K
TOPLESS
YOULOSE
MEFLYBY
8BY350Z

ETC...
 

Attachments

  • pic030.jpg
    pic030.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 52
In the UK ALL plates must have at least one letter and one number on them.

The most expensive are LETTER NUMBER - A1 is one of the most expensive ever sold. I've seen "R2" on a £5,000 Daewoo Nexia...

Standard UK plates are LETTER NUMBER NUMBER NUMBER LETTER LETTER LETTER - the first letter giving the age of the car. It's illegal to have a private plate with a newer year prefix letter than the car - so for instance you can't display P123ABC (1996-7 plate) on an F-reg (1988-89) car, but you can display F123ABC on a P-reg car.

Plates of this format often have only one or two numbers, but the letters are compulsory. My car is R-reg and I want to buy F4MIN when F-reg plates are released for sale (only E and F are yet to come out). The most expensive plate EVER was of this format - K1NGS. I've seen some crackers of this format - B10JOB and PEN1S spring to mind (the old format was reverse, three letters, one to three numbers, age suffix letter).

NEW UK registrations (since September 2001) take the format LETTER LETTER NUMBER NUMBER LETTER LETTER LETTER - with the first two letters signifying the registration office and the numbers saying the age of the car (51 is second half of 2001, 02 is first half of 2002, 52 is second half of 2002 and so on). I've not seen many good plates based on this, although FU51LLI was funny.


However, in the UK it's also illegal to alter the spacing of the letters on your registration plate - despite the fact that many private plates are sold on this strength (that they spell words! Wow!).
 
When the F's come out, "F1" will be released for auction. That will break the record for most expensive plate. Bernie will buy it for one his trucks....
 
How come I only seem to be attracted by S2000 plates? :rolleyes:

S II K
REVHAPY

And my neighbors, who own a 4Runner and a F-150: :odd:

MZJETER
MRJETER

And my sister's tag on her RX-8: :lol:

BACKOFF
 
If I was to get custom plates, I'd go for EMADMAN if it's short enough or if that's not good, I'll settle for MADMAN.
 
We got 2 custom the third is just regular.I "MIGHT" tell you them tommorow:D
 
Doug has a couple million custom plates – I think he even posted a link to them once, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Our Subie starts with "4LUR"... that's gotta be worth something, right? ;)
 
I've seen IH8V8S on an older VW Beetle and LOMOFO on a slammed S-10. :lol:
 
allyrbs.jpg
 
Sage
Doug has a couple million custom plates – I think he even posted a link to them once, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Not on the Internet. :odd:

I used to get semi-normal plates, but I've come up with some decent vanity plates recently - I've got "U21DAY" (you too one day) in both Tennessee and New York (hey, it'd work in the UK too!), and I've applied for "ARMS DLR" in Tennessee on my Audi A8. In college (ten years ago) I had "SEN 1" on my car, the obvious implication that I was a US Senator, and despite repeated illegal acts in front of police cars, I never did get pulled over. I've applied for "USSEN 1" in Tennessee, but I doubt they'll be stupid enough to give it to me.

Our Subie starts with "4LUR"... that's gotta be worth something, right? ;)

Sesquicentennial - 150 Years.
 
I am not to sure about personalised plates. My friend has his name on his plate on his C230 Kompressor, but i dont see the point in that. It just means people can swear at you using your name if you cut them off.

If i ever get custom plates, it would have to be the model of the car. Like '964 Turbo' or '2.0 GT'.
 
asdfjkl;asdf
 

Attachments

  • red.jpg
    red.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 34
  • mvc-007s.jpg
    mvc-007s.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 33
  • myass.jpg
    myass.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 32
well considering I'm going to be a pharmacist I'm contemplating DRG DLR but I'll probably see If i can snag GTR :)
 
Eh? I thought you were in Industrial Design?? What happened?
 
I'm thinking maybe I'll get "ACD S14" someday. It'd only really work if the rest of the team all got customs, though. Then we'd have "ACDFC3S" "ACDFD3S" "ACDMA61" "ACDMA70" "ACD S13" "ACDRS13" "ACDAW11" and "ACDAE86".
 
I can say the best personalized license plate was on a 911 carrera, I saw it in the ol' ring and if I had one, it'd be that.

P.S.- It's a swedish plate.
 

Attachments

  • Foto 422.jpg
    Foto 422.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 32
VipFREAK
Eh? I thought you were in Industrial Design?? What happened?

Me? Nope. I tried 3D graphics and stuff like that but out here in AZ there are not very many places I would like to work, plus I need it to pay enough to be able to afford a GTR. That and I could never be an engineer of any kind because I hate math with a passion.
 
I wanted to get an RX-8 with the plate Z8M Z8M.

And I still want to find a state that allows 9 characters on the plate so I can get LOUDMUSIC. Probably won't happen though.
 
Ring_Berkut
I can say the best personalized license plate was on a 911 carrera, I saw it in the ol' ring and if I had one, it'd be that.

P.S.- It's a swedish plate.
:lol: nice!
 
M5Power
Not on the Internet. :odd:
Yes you did. You submitted pictures of them to some Internet license plate place, and you posted the link to that in the Rumble Strip. I remember.

Sesquicentennial - 150 Years.
Oh shush – That isn't worth bullpuckey.

I just saw in one of my old issues of C/D a picture of a BMW convertible with a license plate that read "BLOND" and was put on upside down. Genius.

There was also another one that was something like "COKDCTR" (it might have been spelled slightly different, but you get the gist of it).
 
Monster7

lovely custom plate. Shame your bikes back tyre is running on flats though.



Famine
In the UK ALL plates must have at least one letter and one number on them.
The most expensive are LETTER NUMBER - A1 is one of the most expensive ever sold. I've seen "R2" on a £5,000 Daewoo Nexia...

Famine is totally right. The following are the ten top plates that have raised the most money in UK.
K1NGS, 1A, 1RR, 1S, G1LLY, P1LOT, 1DM, 1J, ELV1S and N1GEL.
 
I'm going to get one of these here with in a week or two...

ITHERTZ
IT HRTZ
2FUZY4U
OAKTOWN
BMPNBLZ
 
In HK and the UK, the plates you can have are very limited. Next year though, HK is introducing a new, 8 letter/digit type thing. Any combination you want including spaces!:)

Anyway, the best plates I have personally seen in the UK and HK that I can remember are...

D1ANA
(UK) On a blue E30 BMW convertible

F355 GTS
(UK) On a, well you guessed it, a blue Ferrari F355 GTS

LE580
(HK) On a Mini Cooper S

HE11
(HK) On a white R34 GT-R

HK 1
(HK) On the richest man in Hong Kong's Bentley

GT1 205
(HK) On a Peugeot 205 GTi (Remember them!)

EL153
(HK) On a silver Lotus Elise

1 6RAM
(UK) On a black Mercedes 500SL

N 8ENN
(UK) On a blacked out green Mercedes M-Class (Nigel Benn's the boxers car I guess)

And my license plate in the UK is pretty cool too, but I'm not telling ;)

Can't think of any more right now.
 
The best use of the British format I've ever seen is C1GAR on a fairly new van owned by a cigar store - but that's definitely not cheap.
 
When I get my lisence and, hopefully, my own car, I'll have either

COBBER, COBB, or COBN8TR. I'm leaning towards COBBER.
 
Back