Custom race help please

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello Chaps,

Yesterday I did a custom race, at Nurburgring 24H, in Gr3, fuel and tires both X1, for a 19 lap race.
End of lap 10 I go to pit and instead of going through the pit stop it spits me out at the other end, in last place, still with old tires and no fuel.
Race destroyed, an hour and a half wasted and nothing to show for it.

Is this common? I wanted to do a series of races like this, each taking about 2 hours 40 minutes, over many different tracks but if the pits don't even work what's the point? Was really looking forward to it as well but I won't continue unless you guys tell me otherwise.
Will this happen every time? Ta

Hello Chaps,

Yesterday I did a custom race, at Nurburgring 24H, in Gr3, fuel and tires both X1, for a 19 lap race.
End of lap 10 I go to pit and instead of going through the pit stop it spits me out at the other end, in last place, still with old tires and no fuel.
Race destroyed, an hour and a half wasted and nothing to show for it.

Is this common? I wanted to do a series of races like this, each taking about 2 hours 40 minutes, over many different tracks but if the pits don't even work what's the point? Was really looking forward to it as well but I won't continue unless you guys tell me otherwise.
Will this happen every time? Ta
Have you got a video of this happening?

Have you got a video of this happening?
Sadly not. But it's literally as soon as I drove into the pit lane, instead of going through the pits as usual and bringing up the UI it just jumped to the end of the straight next to pit exit

Sadly not. But it's literally as soon as I drove into the pit lane, instead of going through the pits as usual and bringing up the UI it just jumped to the end of the straight next to pit exit
Could you repeat it and save the video, then post it here?

Not on my 3G internet no lol
It should only require a 30s clip at most, which the PS4 can record and edit for you, and that'd be no more than 25MB. On 3G at UK average 1.6Mbps upload speeds, that's two minutes to upload.

It should only require a 30s clip at most, which the PS4 can record and edit for you, and that'd be no more than 25MB. On 3G at UK average 1.6Mbps upload speeds, that's two minutes to upload.
Okay I'll have a go at it a bit later see what I can do. Thanks for your assistance so far

Did you enter the pits perfectly? Only asking as there was a glitch in the early days of the game that involved hand braking into the pit lane to trick the game's lap counter. Missing the entry cones or clipping the barrier resets you back to the track now. Did it on the last mission challenge once myself.

I mainly do custom races and Nurb N24 is the only pit lane that I've had a (self induced) problem with.

But it's literally as soon as I drove into the pit lane, instead of going through the pits as usual and bringing up the UI it just jumped to the end of the straight next to pit exit

Did you enter the pits perfectly? Missing the entry cones or clipping the barrier resets you back to the track now.

Exactly. Looks like you just got reset. Happened to me as well. If you don't enter the pit lane before the cones start, you'll get reset.

Exactly. Looks like you just got reset. Happened to me as well. If you don't enter the pit lane before the cones start, you'll get reset.

Ah... This may have been it. I can't recall if my pit entry was wonky or not but I am a terrible driver so in all likelihood it was that.
Tried it again today, was more careful with pit entry, had no issues.

Much obliged gents.

This happens if you go past the pit entrance, like you missed it, and then go back to pit. Sounds like you missed the pit entrance by a small margin.

Back