Custom Race: not custom enough

Lord Kacperov

(Banned)
Belgium
Isla Vista
SennaFan1985
Okay, so let me start off by saying that Custom Race is cool; you can change a lot of settings and, depending on your skill, have a fun time racing against the AI. You can even earn money from these races! :D

However, there are a few things that bother me. And that’s the fact that you cannot change anything about your opponents (except for their difficulty). You cannot choose what car they drive, you cannot change their name and/or nationality, you cannot choose their starting position, and there is no qualifying session either. There is no possibility for multi-class racing either, which PCars 2 does feature. And for a mode that is called “Custom Race”, I’m a bit disappointed that these features aren’t present (though I can live without qualifying sessions).

Anyone who feels the same?

You cannot choose what car they drive, you cannot change their name and/or nationality, you cannot choose their starting position.

All of the quoted points are of no interest to me personally. I don't care what they're called, where they're from or where they start - I would however like a quali, but you can emulate that based upon the 'start position' of your car.

Multi class racing, however, is something that I'd be all over.

Seriously, why would one care about the names and nationalities of the AI drivers?

05-28-Starting-Grid-Indy500.jpg

I would welcome the idea.
Say you would want to replicate a Formula 1, Indycar or DTM grid or whatever.

If the Formula GT makes a return to Gran Turismo in GT Sport and we could edit the
drivers names and nationalities I would replicate the 2001 F1 grid and have Montoya
win the Brazilian GP as he should have done.

There’s probably a thread for this but, I hope they give us more options in lobbies too... I run events for my team twice a week and I can’t even pick what car is allowed or not. At least in custom races, you have the option to make it a one make race unlike in lobbies.

To be fair, it's a bit too detailed for PD to care about. :(

One feature that would be so simple to include and it would make me play the game a lot more offline, is the option to choose the opponnent car/cars. This has been included in a lot of racing games since I have memory. I've seen Asetto Corsa has this implemented perfectly.

I like to compare cars. I choose difficulty and category to race against the AI but it's always the same car.. so frustrating. For example:

Wait, we can’t race multi-class? So, pitting my Miata against LMP cars isn’t actually happening? Qualifying, we definitely need that. I’m just glad Custom Race doesn’t have the psycho AI that GT League has from rubber-banding!

As I have stated before
Allow us to do these three simple things
- Allow tunning yes / no on AI ( no defining or tunning to enter grid , as it is now the N500+ classes are poop because we have detuned la Ferraris in the N600 and tuned vipers in the n 1000 class)
- Allow us to fill the grid with garage cars ( That includes liveries / Makes multiclass racing possible )
- Randomize grid , as is now it's freaking set by PD .

Wait, we can’t race multi-class? So, pitting my Miata against LMP cars isn’t actually happening? Qualifying, we definitely need that. I’m just glad Custom Race doesn’t have the psycho AI that GT League has from rubber-banding!
Multi class means spread across the whole AI.

You can do your miata versus whatever class you want. But how about a 20 car grid comprising of 8 Gr. 4 cars, 8 Gr. 3 cars and 4 Gr. 1 cars? That's how endurance/ GT racing works in the real world and it would be awesome to be able to replicate in GT Sport.

Qualifying and random ai cars would be excellent. Actually it would be nice to be able to choose the ai cars too.

Didn't read. I'm still puzzled by your avatar :odd:
I'm pretty sure he meant nothing serious about it.

However, there are a few things that bother me. And that’s the fact that you cannot change anything about your opponents (except for their difficulty). You cannot choose what car they drive, you cannot change their name and/or nationality, you cannot choose their starting position, and there is no qualifying session either. There is no possibility for multi-class racing either, which PCars 2 does feature. And for a mode that is called “Custom Race”, I’m a bit disappointed that these features aren’t present (though I can live without qualifying sessions).

Anyone who feels the same?
Yes, especially the part where you could choose the A.I cars. I remember playing Enthusia on the PS2 along with GT4 back then and I always wondered why GT4 didn't allow you to pick the exact cars for your A.I's in the Arcade Mode. Enthusia allowed me to pick any car that I have unlocked already. I could race a TS020 with a Seville, a Toyota Previa, an R34 GTR, a Dakar Truck and an EB110 if I want to.

I remember GT5 and GT5 Prologue having a secret menu that allows you to pick which premium cars appear during your races but that's about it.

"I like my wife, but she spends too much of her time on Facebook and won't come to the football with me."
"My serious response is to just go marry Hulk Hogan."

Hulk Hogan doesn't like football either though. Women and Facebook = addiction, but they have the nerve to moan about men and computer games, and steering wheel/cockpit setups!!

I'm single, happy days :)

Most things in the OP don’t bother me.
Here’s what I miss in the custom races:

- a grid up to 30 cars (just like the Porsche mission challenge, I don’t know why we can’t have it)

- if we could have different classes cars in the same race, that would be great

- more tracks with night time available, day and night cycles

- qualifying and harder IA

The way the game it is, it’s ok for me. I tend to run 60 minutes races and most of the time I do it with my favorite cars and in the cockpit view. Bottom line: I do it as a fun driving/gaming moment for that’s how the game can be fun. Even though I wish it could be funnier. But it is what it is, and the game and PD are like much to follow their ways and period.

Multi class means spread across the whole AI.

You can do your miata versus whatever class you want. But how about a 20 car grid comprising of 8 Gr. 4 cars, 8 Gr. 3 cars and 4 Gr. 1 cars? That's how endurance/ GT racing works in the real world and it would be awesome to be able to replicate in GT Sport.

20 cars is a bit light for a proper multi-class endurance grid, IMHO. Plus the races need to be relatively long for slower classes to come into play. Your average 3 lapper wouldn't benefit much from it.

Not disagreeing though, if they could get cars to pop into and out of existence like they did in the Sierra time trials in GT6, and have a 140 car grid at the 'Ring 24, I'd be all over it.

That's fair enough @MatskiMonk , but this would be the basis of a custom race against the AI, so you could make it as long as you wanted.

I only picked 20 cars as I believe that is the max grid currently allowed in the Arcade races.

Could you imagine a good 100+ car grid on the nurb though... *sigh*

Back