Customizable Look?

Jordan -

you said something about us eventually being able to customize fonts/sizes, etc., with the new version. When and how might this be available? :confused:

Best of luck. ;)

:D

It's here, you must have just missed it in my announcement. :)

New font sizes are in place. You can change the font to any size you want in your browser (In Internet Explorer, click "View" and then "Text Size". The site was designed with the "Smaller" setting in mind.)

Originally posted by Stealth Viper

Couldn't u do that anyway???
Nope, not on the old version of the site. I specified the specific size (in pixels) of the font size and you couldn't change it, but now I'm not doing that anymore except for the small font (Tahoma, 11 px).

I think I'm not alone in having thought that there would be a forum setting for the text size, rather like the "Default posts per page" option.

Still, it's cool this way, because I get to have it smaller on my 1024x768 laptop screen, and medium on my 1600x1200 desktop screen! :)

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
I think I'm not alone in having thought that there would be a forum setting for the text size, rather like the "Default posts per page" option.

Still, it's cool this way, because I get to have it smaller on my 1024x768 laptop screen, and medium on my 1600x1200 desktop screen! :)
Yeah, that's why I mentioned how to adjust it in the announcement. :)

Originally I was expecting this to be something more like a skinnable option. Basically the users would pick a theme which would include background images and a different style sheet. That could be a lot of work, but I think it would be rather cool.

~LoudMusic

Back