Cut Content & Concepts of NFS Most Wanted 2012

Discussion in 'Need For Speed' started by Silver Arrows, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows

New video from GrandTheftAero sheds light into one of the more divisive titles in the later era of NFS, Most Wanted 2012.

Most of the stuff is somewhat incidental, so I will run through more bulletin point material

In my opinion, some of these aspects may have helped MW2012, but ultimately, I have never liked either of the Criterion based NFS games, because they never could really breathe into their own skin. There is too many Burnout influences to really make it separate from the NFS experience, considering that NFS, to me at least, a much more grounded arcade experience. Even trying to shed the NFS name and taking the game as the sequel to Burnout Paradise, the game didn't really feel that fun or groundbreaking.

Mike458, glassjaw, FrzGT and 3 others like this.
  2. silverman_GT

silverman_GT Premium

I fixed one of the ending paragraphs. Watching cut stuff and concept arts showcased like these is interesting and at the same time, left me disgruntled. If only they went down the sequel route... :banghead:

Also, I didn't know the H1 Alpha didn't make the cut on console, I thought it was some sort of an 'online-only' car because surely felt nothing missing from the game itself. Though, it might've been because I played the mobile version too, since it was present ingame:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On a side note though, I enjoyed MW2012 as is. It's actually a very solid game and I wouldn't mind the idea of a 'licensed' Burnout Paradise with cops. They shouldn't have used the "Most Wanted" moniker, though.

3. rallymorten

rallymorten

I guess this is what those all-important dollahbills does to a game. So many games that could've been a lot more than what they turned out to be, and seemingly without too much more in the way of development time. Funnily, a significant portion of those are EA games. And the development studios tend to be shut down soon after. Who needs ambitious projects anyway when the name sells the game and not the other way around? I can't help but feel we sort of brought this on ourselves.

That said, I can't wait to see what 2015 holds. What? Surely all the good things were cut?

4. Stephan

Stephan Premium

Criterion ane EA in a meeting room.....

Craig Sullivan (Criterion) : EA, how about we make a sequel to Most Wanted? We'll stay true to what the original is. Story, customization, all of it.

EA CEO: :censored: that. We need money right now. Lets see......oh I got an idea!

Craig: What is it?

EA CEO: Just make another Burnout Paradise but with real cars and using the Most Wanted name.

Craig: I don't think that's a good idea. NFS fans will get furious if my team will do that.

EA CEO: JUST DO IT! Or I will fire you or do the death march.

Craig: Alright. *sighs in disappointment.

I'm starting to realize that we shouldn't have ****ted Criterion for what they did to Most Wanted. Blame EA for that.

I'm sure Blackpanthaa will soon realize that he shouldn't have blamed Criterion and Craig Sullivan for what happened. Blame EA.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    brocktj4, White Mamba, GTboyz and 2 others like this.
  5. Nexus

Nexus

Dat leaked concept art though :drool:
    Screenshot (48).png

Screenshot (49).png

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png

Screenshot (53).png

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (55).png

Screenshot (56).png
    The game could have been so much better, I really don't understand the logic behind most of these changes.

6. Stephan

Stephan Premium

This is more on EA's fault. Had they not pressured Critertion on time then maybe we should have seen Most Wanted 2012 as a sequel to the original.

7. Nexus

Nexus

Perhaps it was also Criterion's decision. Like the video suggested, maybe they felt that they weren't up to the task of creating a sequel to Most Wanted.

But yeah, it does seem like it was mostly EA behind these decisions. I just hope that we eventually get another NFS game like Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon.

Edit: I just noticed something in one of the concept art photos:
    Most Wanted 2 KITT.png

I guess someone at Criterion liked the Knight Rider reboot :p
    upload_2017-3-20_23-51-23.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    JakeMR2 and Stephan like this.
  8. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

http://needforspeedtheories.boards.net/thread/1485/mw2012-thread

I like to introduce you to all the info from this forum I've been apart of for like a year.

From what I've seen EA do, this is no exception. EA is known to screw developers plans to reboot a older game, but yet EA goes all power trippy, this game Criterion made was lackluster. I like MW 2012, but I just can't get over the fact EA took no time for them to stay true to what they planned.

Still, EA is to blame for making programmers and art to be great than the full release.

I will never buy a EA product again because of it.

Custom878 and silverman_GT like this.
  9. silverman_GT

silverman_GT Premium

I remembered that thread. I suppose research is still ongoing?

Also, it may not be cut content, but someone tried to edit the ingame car names.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

:lol:

Need4Speed685, TwinTurbo LM and FT-1 like this.
  10. GTboyz

GTboyz

I'm really furious at this reveal. We're supposed to be able to customize cars, a story and a bunch of interesting cars.

brocktj4 and silverman_GT like this.
  11. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

"underground 2 remastered" would probably outsell anything their current team can come up with.

sxh1991 likes this.
  12. Stephan

Stephan Premium

JakeMR2 likes this.
  13. brocktj4

brocktj4

#:censored:EA

Stephan likes this.
  14. Stephan

Stephan Premium

Silver Arrows and TwinTurbo LM like this.
  15. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows

I had my fifteen minutes of fame!

Stephan likes this.
  16. GTboyz

GTboyz

Damn, never thought i would see this.